So I have been working on a pretty large trim project, 100 ls window, 40 or so doors, milled 1.125” x 3.5” milled cypress casing, 5/4 rosetts and plints, 8 ” milled baseboard, some arches, pretty straightforward trim job, but for fixing all the mistakes from the framer and drywaller… its sad how little pride some tradesmen have in their work today.at any rate, I usually try to expand my equipment a little during each project. I had to route out a 1/2” x 3/16&...
Since I relied on many pictures when I was designing my router table I thought I would share some of what I came up with. I used: Incra Maste-R-Lift II, Incra LS17 Positioner Super Fence, PC 7518 Router, Kreg paddle switch and a iGauging 6” DRO Additional pictures here Though I found many pictures of tables with Incra lift systems, I never found one that showed how to attach a iGauging DRO (digital readout) to the lift. Also I never saw any satisfactory locations for the DRO...
I live in a small apartment but love woodworking. Thinking my old dining room table could be used for dinner and woodworking, I’ll try to convert it to a general workbench, router table and maybe even a table saw. For the first step, I made a frame to cut both the hole in the table and the insert. I used a 1/4” bit with a 1” bushing for the hole and a 1/2” bushing for the insert. Unfortunately one of my clamps slipped while I was working and took too much fro...
So here it is. I am basing this project on one several other talented individuals have done. They include, but are not limited to, Zzzzdoc, Tedth66, and Spencer. I only have the rough outline right now but plan on cutting wood this week. I have the mobile base on 4” swiveling castors. I matched the drawer base to the same height as the original base minus 4 inches for the casters. I made the base 28×68.5 and recessed the cabinet one inch all around so once the drawer fron...
Shims were cut to raise the table to ~1/16” below the tablesaw surface. Because of the gap required by the tablesaw fence, I sanded a shallow angle on the leading edge of the table to ensure work will slide smoothly onto the surface. My Bosch router table is 27” wide, the same dimension as the depth of the tablesaw. I drilled four holes in the fence rails and mounted it in a similar method. Then built a cabinet to fit under it and shimmed it as needed. I made...
Here is the cabinet as it stands (so far): My table saw is a Delta Contractor’s saw mounted in a set of four separate cabinets screwed to a base and also to each other making one big solid, and very heavy cabinet. The sub-base made from (2×4’s) has six 3” swiveling casters (with polyurethane tires) mounted to it making it nice and easy to move the monster around for its size and weight. All six casters lock so there are plenty of choices when I need to keep the c...
Well now that the router table was done, the one thing I’ve always wanted is a router lift. The Craftsman router I have is absolutely horrible at setting depth, the whole mechanism locks up so I just have to keep fudging it until I get it to the proper height (not ideal). I found this in Shopnotes a while ago and within a couple weeks of me starting my table I noticed Steve Ramsey from Woodworking For Mere Mortals built it as well so it was nice to see the whole process come to light...
The problem I am finding with a ‘micro-workshop’ is space, I was spoilt with my last workshop, and I have gone to the opposite extreme, which means I have nowhere to lay things out. I suppose I could stray out into the kitchen area, but I don’t want to impose my hobby on my Wife, so I remain behind a closed door, cursing away merrily to myself. Nothing gets left out, there is no space to put out tools, so it comes out of it’s toolbox or shelf-space under the bench, get...
The tenons went well on the smallest table. I had some trouble with the tenons on the mid-sized table. I was careful to cut them very close to the size of the mortises. Some were cut too tight. I had trouble on the dry fit. I had to squeeze the joints together with clamps. The table was tweaked slightly and was not square. I pulled it apart and hand sanded the tenons to loosen the fit a little bit. The second dry fit was much better. (I posted this problem and received lots of good advice ...
I began cleaning out the mortises. I followed BTimmons advice to start slow and sneak up on the line. I had to find my strongest “cheaters” and a work lamp. I don’t know what I ever did to ruin my eyesight. This worked well. I cleaned up all of the mortises for the smallest table. They do not look as clean as ones I’ve seen posted here and on Youtube but each one is smoother than the previous one. I was a little nervous about finishing all of the mortises so I thoug...
- My Journey As A Scroll Saw Pattern Designer - 1633 parts
- Extremely Average - 324 parts
- Workshop Development - 107 parts
- Just for Fun... - 97 parts
- A journey into the workshop. - 89 parts
- Daily Update - 87 parts
- "Hobbit Holes in MyWorld" --by RusticWoodArt - 77 parts
- As The Lathe Turns - 76 parts
- WoodWriting Haiku Thursday's --by RusticWoodArt - 74 parts
- ScrollSaw Information and Resources - 68 parts
- Sheila Landry (scrollgirl) - 1659 entries
- frank - 417 entries
- degoose - 397 entries
- dbhost - 390 entries
- Ecocandle - 325 entries
- MsDebbieP - 314 entries
- Karson - 305 entries
- Martin Sojka - 296 entries
- mafe - 279 entries
- William - 258 entries
- shipwright - 228 entries
- Betsy - 221 entries
- Stevinmarin - 212 entries
- Gary Fixler - 204 entries
- Todd A. Clippinger - 199 entries
- stefang - 198 entries
- robscastle - 188 entries
- BritBoxmaker - 188 entries
- Rustic - 188 entries
- Chris Davis - 184 entries