I decided to build a router table with a lift, keep it simple and cheap! The lift is based on jay's custom creations lever router lift. I customized it for my needs. It’s made from workshop scraps and used parts. The acrylic is from a sign company’s dumpster and the only bought items were a couple of hose clamps. The router is one of my pc690’s. The acrylic top 3/8”x 12” x 24” with a 1 1/4” bit hole is interchangeable (threaded inserts) with another...
Time for a new router table, the old Rockler with the really old Jessum router lift that was not up to heavy work, had to go. The other no name table top table was too narrow, and the MDF table had serious bracing underneath to try and keep it from dipping in the center. The fence and the newer Jessem router lift on this unit were keepers. I used a piece of old growth clear pine for the trestle, loose 1/2” double tenons glued in and double bolted stretchers between, the nuts and rod ...
In the above video I do an unboxing of the JessEm Mast-R-Lift II router lift that I recently bought. After showing what’s in the box, I fabricate a new router table top and install the lift. I conclude with some observations of its accuracy. New TopMy existing router table is shop made, but the existing router plate opening won’t fit the JessEm lift, so I need to make a new top. Most of my shop cabinets have a 1” thick melamine top. This material is very stout (...
The Stumpy Nubs Workshop #46: A really unique homemade router lift that doubles as a mini router table!
In this episode we revisit the homemade router lift, completely redesigning it! This one is better than ever, and it doubles as a mini router table with full lift and lower dust collection capabilities! All this and a little twisted humor in this episode of The Stumpy Nubs Workshop! It’s a great show, you might even laugh a little. So check it HERE!(Get plans here) (Friend us on facebook, follow us on Twitter, and visit the Stumpy Store to help support the show!)
When I sold my table saw station both of my routers and lifts went with it. I’m finally getting around to making another router table but first I needed the lift. For those who are interested I put together a quick video of the construction. I used John’s plan from ibuildit.ca for the third time. I have no complaints with this plan and it works great. Because it’s a paid plan I didn’t go into any exact details. The plans are detailed and well worth the asking price. ...
Since I relied on many pictures when I was designing my router table I thought I would share some of what I came up with. I used: Incra Maste-R-Lift II, Incra LS17 Positioner Super Fence, PC 7518 Router, Kreg paddle switch and a iGauging 6” DRO Additional pictures here Though I found many pictures of tables with Incra lift systems, I never found one that showed how to attach a iGauging DRO (digital readout) to the lift. Also I never saw any satisfactory locations for the DRO...
Hi all - I am looking for some help / advice for my Pinnacle Precision Router Lift V2 with PC router installed. I have had it for a couple of years and am very satisfied with it. When setting up my shop when we moved into our new home, I found the micrometer dial and the central post for it now stand proud of the surface of the lift plate by about 1/16” – see photo. This makes the lift unusable since the dial will interfere with wood sliding over the lift plate. Mil...
Well now that the router table was done, the one thing I’ve always wanted is a router lift. The Craftsman router I have is absolutely horrible at setting depth, the whole mechanism locks up so I just have to keep fudging it until I get it to the proper height (not ideal). I found this in Shopnotes a while ago and within a couple weeks of me starting my table I noticed Steve Ramsey from Woodworking For Mere Mortals built it as well so it was nice to see the whole process come to light...
First time posting a project. I’m still a novice and was in way over my head, but after a long time, here’s my router table. The lift is motorized using a PLC controller and a 12VDC motor normally used for automatic car seats in Honda automobiles. The 120VAC to 12VDC conversion was accomplished using a computer power supply. Most of the wood I used was cheap wood from the big box stores or ugly scraps I had on-hand, so I painted it red, white, and blue and put clear coats over it....
As it turns out, I didn’t think to create a blog for the project until after I had already started. So, the top is already done. Construction was pretty straight forward, two layers 3/4 inch MDF with laminate surface and hardwood (soft maple) edging, corners rounded and edges chamfered. I started out with a basic design in Sketchup to calculate my dimensions and where the fence, positioner and lift would go. As I progressed with the build, I made adjustments to different dimensions and ended ...
- My Journey As A Creative Designer - Woodworking and Beyond - 1730 parts
- Extremely Average - 324 parts
- Workshop Development - 107 parts
- A journey into the workshop. - 98 parts
- Just for Fun... - 97 parts
- Daily Update - 87 parts
- Life as an Amateur Woodworker - 78 parts
- "Hobbit Holes in MyWorld" --by RusticWoodArt - 77 parts
- As The Lathe Turns - 76 parts
- WoodWriting Haiku Thursday's --by RusticWoodArt - 74 parts
- Sheila Landry (scrollgirl) - 1755 entries
- frank - 417 entries
- dbhost - 410 entries
- degoose - 397 entries
- Ecocandle - 325 entries
- MsDebbieP - 314 entries
- Karson - 305 entries
- mafe - 301 entries
- Martin Sojka - 296 entries
- William - 258 entries
- shipwright - 238 entries
- Betsy - 228 entries
- stefang - 213 entries
- Stevinmarin - 212 entries
- robscastle - 207 entries
- Todd A. Clippinger - 207 entries
- Dave Rutan - 206 entries
- Gary Fixler - 204 entries
- Smitty_Cabinetshop - 193 entries
- Rustic - 190 entries