Well, after a visit to the Doctor’s office for the Cardio Check up, went and got a bit more done. Yesterday, took the fence almost all the way down to just….parts. laid the parts out on the notepad, while wire wheeling each piece. Bolts were sprayed with a ittle WD40, then installed. I didn’t bother to remove the rosewood fence. The Knob was taken off, just to clean up the bolt that held it. Finally got it all back together….. Then cleaned the straight ...
One of the best prizes I have ever got, was a wooden box from a fellow LJer named Doe. It contained a Canadian made, Stanely No.45, T-20. Twas a bit rusty, here and there. My “job” was to bring it back to life, and post a few pictures when done. The plane? And,thanks to the USPS playing “catch” with it, the lid came out of the mailing carton in 5 pieces. William was kind enough to nail the pieces back together. So, a rehab? Tried all the parts, to see...
I thought this was worth a look. The result is surprising..http://www.wimp.com/transformedwood/
(The House Purchase last year made it inevitable that a new Series would need to be begun…) Debbie and I enjoyed our first Holiday Season here very much… So much so in fact, we were loath to see it end!But after the last of the tinsel, glitter, and sparkle were finally stowed away for next year, we discovered just how costly the Holidays had been…It was mid-February, before we again found ourselves on firmer financial footing and with that, our thoughts again turned to ou...
Won an Ohio Tool Co. No.0-7 last weekend. Waited all week for it to get here. This is what came out of the box today.. Like anything that is 100 years old, it had a few “issues” going on. Sole had plenty of rust craters, they were a bit larger than just pits. Mouth opening had been filed, by someone who had no clue. At least the wood was intact. First step in the rehab process….tear the plane down, as far as I can. Had to dump out a few things… Got ...
So how many of us change our plans as we go along on a woodworking project. I would think the majority do for any number of reasons. My initial thought for this project was to put an epoxy bar top finish on it. After my research it would cost me about $150 for a quality product. Scratch that idea and lets go with a poly finish. 8 coats of poly, then wet sanded, followed by two more coats on top and the top is done. The folding table leg hardware that was on the original was broken, so o...
So today I had an hour to kill so I went up to my newest favorite store in XXXXwood, MA. It’s a junk store pretty much, they buy out estates and sell off the house contents, pretty damn cheaply I might add. Anyway, as a lover of all that is junk and all that is tools I picked my way through and found some decent stuff at a spectacular price! So I picked up a 25’ extension cord, a Stanley framing square (even though I probably have 6 of them at $0.50 cents I just had to have it...
Like I mentioned before this thing is so old Sears doesn’t have many parts available any longer. So I had to build something to cover the drive belt and Sanding disc. Once I got the disc I sat down with the manual that I downloaded and printed to see how the original was made. No way to duplicate the original but a close copy will work. First To cover the drive belt and give me a base to mount the disc cover. Next thing to do was build the disc cover with a dust port. I made...
Not sure who will actually read this blog….some seem to think all I can do is stuff like this.. Some cheap little saw shaped object, not worthy of serious concideration..More on the handle, later. Build either building tools, or rehabbing tools since High School…..must have done one decently in shop class.. Whatever lathe they had back then, there was even a metal lathe, along with a few for turning wood. Black tape is to improve the grip. parts came in this week, som...
I’m in the market now for a dust collector. Being married with 2 kids there really isn’t a lot of money I can budget for this at this time. I’ve read the reviews on the Harbor Freight dust collector but I’m wondering If I could get some woodworkers perspective that have this unit. How is it? Does it work well? And is it ok to run pvc or gutter sewerage pipe instead of the metal stove type of piping???? Any info on this topic from all LJ’s would be great.
- My Journey As A Creative Designer - Woodworking and Beyond - 1726 parts
- Extremely Average - 324 parts
- Workshop Development - 107 parts
- A journey into the workshop. - 98 parts
- Just for Fun... - 97 parts
- Daily Update - 87 parts
- "Hobbit Holes in MyWorld" --by RusticWoodArt - 77 parts
- Life as an Amateur Woodworker - 77 parts
- As The Lathe Turns - 76 parts
- WoodWriting Haiku Thursday's --by RusticWoodArt - 74 parts
- Sheila Landry (scrollgirl) - 1751 entries
- frank - 417 entries
- dbhost - 410 entries
- degoose - 397 entries
- Ecocandle - 325 entries
- MsDebbieP - 314 entries
- Karson - 305 entries
- mafe - 301 entries
- Martin Sojka - 296 entries
- William - 258 entries
- shipwright - 237 entries
- Betsy - 228 entries
- stefang - 213 entries
- Stevinmarin - 212 entries
- robscastle - 207 entries
- Todd A. Clippinger - 207 entries
- Dave Rutan - 205 entries
- Gary Fixler - 204 entries
- Smitty_Cabinetshop - 193 entries
- Rustic - 190 entries