Ive been fixing up a one bed bungalow as a hobby. In england. Its now finished and up for sale.Full rewireFull new boiler/radiatorsNew shower room New timber framed plasterboard walls with heavy insulation and skim plasteredNew ceilings with lots of insulationNew HD Sky TV and terestrial arials and FMNew real flame gas fire with marble surroundOak kitchen, Bosche electricals tiled and lots of power sockets http://www.louis-johnson.co.uk/property.php?property=304&info=images&histo...
The other day on craigslist I found an ad for “2 old planes”. The pictures we bad but one of them looked like a smaller bedrock so I contacted the guy and he told me that the one was a bedrock which he had never heard of. “too bad it’s not a Stanley, those are valuable” he informed me. The other was a craftsman. He wanted 15 for both, so I picked them up. The craftsman is a number 6, and I am not sure what I will do with it. The bedrock looked promising at first,...
I found this saw out-of-state in Minnesota for sale by a cabinet making shop who had upgraded to an upcut saw. This is a 1962 Dewalt Powershop 1400, one of the coveted earlier models, powerful, 110 volts, and many nice features. I had a friend pick it up for me so it didn’t cost me any gas and the price was to good to pass up. At the shop he ran the saw and cut some scrap to test it out, it worked just fine. He traveled 600 miles to my house and we turned it on and it just hummed, n...
After a weekend of cleaning up the shop, I decided to start with the rest of the arrangement. The workbench and table saw tune up. The workbench will be another “work in progress” project and, if I’m lucky, will have an overhead drum sander at one end . . . but, that’s another story. The table saw needs a whole lot of attention. It’s not the best model available, but the JTS-10DD has served my basic needs for about 7 years. It has survived an attempted abduction ...
So I got a 24” grizzly drum sander recently that was in working condition (sort of) but needed some parts replaced and needed a lot of tinkering! So i thought i would share some pics of the journey. this is not the exact one (i dont know what happened to the pic i took), but to give you idea picture this in much worse shape!I am not the best at remembering to take pics of everything so I will explain what I had to do. The back drum had felt well pieces of felt on it so I cleaned up the...
Well, today I did get to come home at lunch and dust out the motor, and let me tell you, it looked 40 years younger when I did. The windings were actually nice and shiny underneath the layers of old sawdust….. With that out of the way, I was able to move on. I pressed the new bearings onto the arbor using a deep socket and rubber mallet to tap them into place. With that out of the way I put things back together in the manner I dis-assembled them. Since, I didn’t make no...
I know a lot of this is getting away from woodworking. I started the blog so I’ll try and finish it in a few big chunks as some people are still following it. I managed to finish the electrical conduit frame and put up the canopy. It will rain tomorrow and will be windy so we’ll see how it fairs. I expect it will do fine. It’s pretty sturdy. As you can see the pipes fit together like an erector set. I welded four posts on the front platform that will act as a fenced in ...
A little progress today, I went to Home Depot to buy some formica and particleboard to put it on for a countertop. I found that I could get a premade countertop for about half the price and exactly the right length, six ft. I chose the least expensive color which turns out to be the one I would have chosen from the options anyway. The couter hooks on the back much like a french cleat so that I can slip it out to insert the queen size mattress we’re acquiring.I also made some shelf brack...
After a while with the ole’ Wire wheel it was time to lay down some paint. It took a few trips to the local autozone to find the color i wanted.It is engine orange and a shiny blackof course there are all the “other” pieces that need some time with the wire wheel and break cleaner. after taking a layer of rust off the arm I found out it is a 1981 DeWalt 7740 not exactly a classic but I think it will do. I am waiting on the MR. Sawdust book, I have been told it is the only re...
So after a few attempts at using the saw it was obvious that it hadn’t been adjusted properly in a while. So let the tear down begin. After getting through the frayed wires and about a can and a half of PB blaster it is completly torn apart. I got the main cage to finally rotate properly and some of the rust/paint off. Another wire wheel is in my near future. If anyone has any quick tips or hints on DERUSTING nuts and bolts I would be more than willing to listen, if not its a trip to Ac...
- My Journey As A Scroll Saw Pattern Designer - 1263 parts
- Extremely Average - 324 parts
- Workshop Development - 95 parts
- A journey into the workshop. - 88 parts
- Daily Update - 87 parts
- Just for Fun... - 82 parts
- "Hobbit Holes in MyWorld" --by RusticWoodArt - 77 parts
- WoodWriting Haiku Thursday's --by RusticWoodArt - 74 parts
- As The Lathe Turns - 73 parts
- The Craftsman's Path - 67 parts
- Sheila Landry (scrollgirl) - 1285 entries
- frank - 417 entries
- degoose - 388 entries
- dbhost - 369 entries
- Ecocandle - 325 entries
- MsDebbieP - 311 entries
- Karson - 301 entries
- Martin Sojka - 297 entries
- William - 255 entries
- Betsy - 221 entries
- mafe - 216 entries
- Stevinmarin - 212 entries
- Gary Fixler - 204 entries
- Todd A. Clippinger - 187 entries
- Chris Davis - 183 entries
- Rustic - 183 entries
- shipwright - 168 entries
- PurpLev - 163 entries
- BritBoxmaker - 159 entries
- stefang - 148 entries