LumberJocks

Woodworking blog entries tagged with 'pva'

  • Advertise with us
View Tony's profile

Lattice Cutting board Help

2514 days ago by Tony | 26 comments »

Update: 7 september 2010. As I do not have a lot of spare time for woodworking at the moment, I am submitting this blog for the contest, I hope you guys don’t mind that it is a little old Here is a link to the final projects- http://lumberjocks.com/projects/2542http://lumberjocks.com/projects/2559 http://lumberjocks.com/assets/pictures/projects/9436-438x.jpg?1233630507 After several e-mails requesting the plans for the Dan Walters cutting board I copied I decided to put some...

Read this entry »


View BritBoxmaker's profile

Celtic NOT - a journey

951 days ago by BritBoxmaker | 19 comments »

This is the blog of how I built Celtic NOT. The design is one of a recent series of overlapping circle designs. Originally there were two possible patterns These are the original paper models. As you can see the more complicated of the two had an interwoven line on the sides of the box as well. I eventually decided this pattern looked a bit too busy and opted for the simpler of the two. The box was going to be Oak with Sycamore and Walnut stringing. I initially tried making t...

Read this entry »


View BritBoxmaker's profile

Mondrian (inspired) #5: I get knocked down, but I get up again

1012 days ago by BritBoxmaker | 16 comments »

You ain’t ever gonna keep me down. Lyric spotters please feel free to comment. I left you, last night, as I was hacking at the pattern board with a chisel. No, I’m not mad. I’ve done all the tests. It worked. I repaired the pattern. I re-placed the mask and all looks good. Re-taped the pattern I scored a knife line into the pattern,along the outside edge of the outer tape. In combination with a strip of Polycarbonate, which has a line scored on...

Read this entry »


View BritBoxmaker's profile

Mondrian (inspired) #3: Neoplastic 'C' progress

1013 days ago by BritBoxmaker | 15 comments »

I’ve decided to make this one with wood from from my scrap bin and my ‘Ebony Bits Box’ - I won’t bore you with the details but after a lot of cutting and sticking, using Viscose CA, I had made the pattern (with a few little modifications). This was glued onto a backing of 1.5mm Birch Aeroply, using PVA, and thickness sanded to 5mm. Hand sanded down to 600 grit and a couple of coats of spray acrylic (satin finish) later this is the result. I have sto...

Read this entry »



DISCLAIMER: Any posts on LJ are posted by individuals acting in their own right and do not necessarily reflect the views of LJ. LJ will not be held liable for the actions of any user.

Latest Projects | Latest Blog Entries | Latest Forum Topics

HomeRefurbers.com

Latest Projects | Latest Blog Entries | Latest Forum Topics

GardenTenders.com :: gardening showcase