I’m just getting this blog post started so it already set up, but in the next 6 months I should have everything up and running for me to build wooden boats for people. I’ll be starting out with some strip built kayaks and canoes most likely. In all actuality I have no idea what people are going to want. I plan on just getting the word out and let people come to me so we can sit down and draw up exactly what they want. After I’ve got a good thing going I will start cold moldi...
I’m in the market now for a dust collector. Being married with 2 kids there really isn’t a lot of money I can budget for this at this time. I’ve read the reviews on the Harbor Freight dust collector but I’m wondering If I could get some woodworkers perspective that have this unit. How is it? Does it work well? And is it ok to run pvc or gutter sewerage pipe instead of the metal stove type of piping???? Any info on this topic from all LJ’s would be great.
So I went to my local salvage/resale store today looking for anything cool they might have up in the tool section. After rummaging through all the junk I found a complete postwar Stanley #4 bench plane for $3.00, some halfway decent rasps for $0.25 each, and few other odds and ends. As I was leaving I decided to dig through all the hand saws they had jammed in an old slop sink. After going through about 30 of them I came across an early Disston. I looked at it for a little while and the handl...
I have a General 50-200r model table saw. Lowering the blade is a chore becuase it feels like its binding. I’ve squirt some liquid wrench & WD40 on the worm drive screws & worked it up & down. It’s gotten better but there is still an issue. Wondering if anyone else is having this issue & what’s a good lubricant to use on these gears as well? Also what would be a good cleaner to clean the gears with as well? Thanks all.
The curled bits of inlay were carefully removed from the table and put aside. Then I used some water and a steam iron to heat the vacant areas and remove the old glue from the plywood base. I also used the same technique to remove the old glue from the removed inlay pieces. Then I used the steam iron again to steam the individual pieces of inlay an pressed them between two pieces of plywood to get them flat again. This worked quite well. Some of the inlay was so bad I had to replace it s...
Part of every workshop success is being organized and having templates on hand to trace and cut out, my shop is no different, for the longest time I kept my templates stuffed in a box, as of lately I have been getting request for shelves, rather than dig out these templates I created the “I SEE IT BOARD” this way a person can see the options that are available, it will be easier for me as well because I will be able to grab what I need and when I am done I can easily put it back ...
How this promise of a captain’s bed came about was almost an accident. My bride-to-be is used to having a large bed, California King, to be exact. All I had was a paltry queen-sized mattress on a relatively low frame. She commented that I probably stuck out over both ends when I slept (I’m 6’ 4”), and I had to agree with her. She also did not (understandably) want to share a bed with me that I had shared with my last (deceased) wife. So, I went and bought a Cal-Ki...
Hello everyone,Just uploaded a new video. In this video we build our take on the Krenov hand plane.Here is a link to the video. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uj_TDPuc49g
Hello, I had to stop working on the boxes for 2 weeks as we had classes here at the American School of French Marquetry. Great group But I am back to work on them now. First of all, all the banding is done.They are composed on 2 bone and an ebony string inlay plus an ebony band. The edges of the top are veneered with ebony first Then I cut with a veneer saw the inside marquetry to size and instal the banding The same is done for the sides It is...
Warning: pic heavy Just posting a bunch of progress. Leg vise continued. Cutting the bridal joint. Lignum vitae pin for the guide. This stuff strong. Trying to incorporate this as a pin holder but haven’t come across an idea that I can pull off with what I have on hand. So it’s on the back burner for now. Hammered a poplar dowel and drilled a center so I could bore it with a forstner. Didn’t work out so well. Stuck a roll pin...
- My Journey As A Creative Designer - Woodworking and Beyond - 1828 parts
- Extremely Average - 324 parts
- Toy costruction - 131 parts
- A journey into the workshop. - 115 parts
- Workshop Development - 107 parts
- Just for Fun... - 98 parts
- Woodworking on a Half-Shoestring - 91 parts
- Daily Update - 87 parts
- Shop stuff - 85 parts
- Life as an Amateur Woodworker - 82 parts
- Sheila Landry (scrollgirl) - 1853 entries
- dbhost - 452 entries
- frank - 417 entries
- degoose - 398 entries
- Ecocandle - 325 entries
- mafe - 325 entries
- MsDebbieP - 314 entries
- Karson - 305 entries
- Martin Sojka - 296 entries
- Dave Rutan - 275 entries
- robscastle - 263 entries
- William - 258 entries
- shipwright - 258 entries
- A Slice of Wood Workshop - 233 entries
- bandit571 - 229 entries
- Betsy - 228 entries
- stefang - 221 entries
- Stevinmarin - 212 entries
- Todd A. Clippinger - 207 entries
- Gary Fixler - 204 entries