What crazy weather we’ve been having in Atlanta. One week there’s ice all over everything with temperatures in the teens, and the next week we are all running around in shorts enjoying temperatures in the 70s. It’s a wonder we’re not all in the hospital! Taking advantage of the warm days, I decided to put in a few hours cutting the frame members to size and forming the tenons. First, I ripped the front, sides and back to the required 4-1/2” width. After jointing th...
After a few other items were taken care of. Got an early wake up call this morning. Seems one of the Shop Cats caught a small Black Bat. She even brought it upstairs to show off her catch….squeaking all the time….of course, the bat got away from her. Finally trapped the little critter under a broom. And with the help of the dust pan to hold the critter, I did a Catch & Release, right out the back door of the house. Last seen, the bat was flying west, as fast as it...
Well spent one hour getting some things caught up….the second corner post was jack planed to remove all the saw marks, and the a Stanely#7c was run around a while..Until it was all flat and smooth. Clamped the new post to the old post, to do a bit of lay out work.. So I could transfer the dados’ locations better While I was down in the shop, and laying out parts.. I tried out the “new” bandsaw jig. Been having troubles doing resaws, so figured this could ...
Hello again folks! This weekend’s project was a toy gun, but I wanted to make the trigger click back after being fired. To accomplish this, I used a simple rubber band! The main shape was cut out using a Shapeoko 3 CNC machine. Enjoy! View on YouTubeuTube
Last month, I was thrown a bit off track by life's events. It happens to the best of us. We set our goals.We work to achieve them. And then as we are rolling right along . . . BAM! "Life" gets in the way. It is just part of living. As I get older, I am figuring out that the more resilient and flexible that I am, the easier things are. I have watched family and friends who are perhaps a little bit rigid in their thinking struggle because things aren't quite the same...
Ok, last night, I snuck back to the shop…did a bit of chisel work. But wasn’t happy with the results.. And decided to “daylight” the mortise into a dado. I kept the waste piece, added some glue, and a clamp, and let it sit all night.. Then today, I removed the clamp, and worked on a few more dados. Nothing fancy to them, just a lot of chisel work.. laid out to match the tenon that will go here. Last night I had #4 and #3 done. This is for #2. Wide ch...
Hip replacement surgery done......last Thursday afternoon…...back home Sunday afternoon. Pretty darn amazing! I am not dancing, and I have some pain, but I am on the mend. They had me up and walking Friday morning and I tested out on the stairs on Sunday morning. The surgeon said I passed, and they were kicking me out. I felt really good to get back home, but the best part was being able to have a beer with my dinner. Those hospital people just don’t realize how uplifting that cou...
We are slowly getting there folks. I am prepping and starting the finishing process and finding out how bad this ash is for tear out. It has some wild grain and, like ash is apt to be, stringy. Hang in there, things are about to get interesting on upcoming episodes. View on YouTube
Muddle through a bit more with that Stanley #45…..wasn’t quite right. But.. I had these four to get done, somehow. Came up with the idea that IF I drilled a hole where the tenons will be, I could then attach the part to the side of the bench, so the fence wouldn’t hit anything along the way… needed to countersink for the screws. Tried a few more times with the 45… Things still weren’t quite right. Tenons were cut on the few blanks I did get ...
In our kitchen is an antique hoosier cabinet in need of some serious restoration. I know the antique purists will say don’t touch it, it’s worth much more with the original everything even if it is falling apart but the cabinet is not an investment so much as a place to keep our corn flakes and bread. The Front of the cabinet and drawers seem to be mostly ok. There is a bit of cracking near the end grain on the top of a couple of the face boards but they seem to be stable now...
- My Journey As A Creative Designer - Woodworking and Beyond - 1823 parts
- Extremely Average - 324 parts
- Toy costruction - 131 parts
- A journey into the workshop. - 115 parts
- Workshop Development - 107 parts
- Just for Fun... - 98 parts
- Woodworking on a Half-Shoestring - 91 parts
- Daily Update - 87 parts
- Life as an Amateur Woodworker - 82 parts
- Shop stuff - 81 parts
- Sheila Landry (scrollgirl) - 1848 entries
- dbhost - 449 entries
- frank - 417 entries
- degoose - 397 entries
- Ecocandle - 325 entries
- mafe - 324 entries
- MsDebbieP - 314 entries
- Karson - 305 entries
- Martin Sojka - 296 entries
- Dave Rutan - 273 entries
- William - 258 entries
- robscastle - 256 entries
- shipwright - 255 entries
- Betsy - 228 entries
- A Slice of Wood Workshop - 226 entries
- bandit571 - 224 entries
- stefang - 221 entries
- Stevinmarin - 212 entries
- Todd A. Clippinger - 207 entries
- Gary Fixler - 204 entries