Hi,I was recently asked if I could make something to be auctioned at a fundraiser night at the Salvation Army. The funds from the night are to send Daniel and Shella Smith to The Salvation Army Training collage to become officers (pasters).I knew immediately what I was going to make.William Booth was the founder of the Salvation Army and he has this amazing speech that sums up the hart and passion of the Salvation Army. My thoughts were to design and scroll saw a portrait of William Booth, an...
Recently I started a Hickory Chest Project. This chest will feature raised panels as well as a cedar lining. I have been videoing the build. To share with viewers who might like to watch. I’m right at the point of getting ready for the finish. But before i do, I want to pose a question to my fellow Lumber Jock’s… Here is a picture of the Chest. It has some cool features. ( beetle bore holes, knots, etc.) Id like to showcase in the project. With that being said. Here is my qu...
Finally I can begin to assemble the pieces and get this project finished before she grows up and leaves home… In order to clamp the cradle sides and ends, I had to fashion some “brackets” or cauls to support my clamps which would keep the same angle and stay off of the dovetails while I glued it together. Since there was at least a week between cutting the pieces and assembly (I had burned my left hand in a yard fire and that kept me out of the shop for almost 4 d...
Next step is to create two veneered panels for the top. I believe that a single large, unbroken top would look a little better but I really like the material that I have on hand and I don’t trust my ability to get an invisible seam at the center. So I will feature a break rather than make a poor job of hiding it. I do not have a large vacuum press system, so I will use cauls and clamps instead. I will use two 2’x4’ MDF sections to make a veneer sandwich. I...
Yesterday was an extremely productive day and I finished both my order for the large snowflake and also my new ornaments. It felt good to get so much accomplished. I don’t think I worked harder than I do on most days, but I actually reached the finish line on two things at almost the same time so there is a great feeling of accomplishment. Finishing up the snowflake puzzle wasn’t bad at all. I actually made two of them so one is sitting here on the shelf if anyone else decid...
I used a spline cutting jig on the TS to cut kerfs in the mitres…. Used cedar for the splines…I know I was lackadaisical in not cutting the splines… just broke off pieces, This is what it looks like before I inlaid dots at the junctions of all the sets of nine…that is … the corners of the inner 9 spaces I have inlaid the dots and rounded the corners…Just have to apply a few coats of an oil finish…And to put anyone who does not know what it is...
I just sent an email off to Hal asking questions on some of my progress, and I realized I had taken some pics that I had not posted. I built a jig to cove the arms; it is designed to hold the arm billets in place with three threaded rods, and to hold the jig at an angle to the saw blade. Here are pics: This shows the jig in action on the table saw. The square frame holds the billet in place with three rods. the rods are epoxyed into wood handles and run through threaded inserts screwed...
last i was up in coloradowe got the last roof framedafter tearing the old one off http://lumberjocks.com/patron/blog/25946 it was partially sheeted then this time when i got theredaniel and roy had finished the overhangand the sheeting daniel wanted to move the upper bedroom windowas it would be hard to seal the roof edge thereso that is what we didand added some framingon top of the old plastered wall the next daythe insulation man cameand we had the living room wall paneling ...
September 16, 2011 Our first granddaughter was born today, and although I had thought about it for some time leading up to her birth, other “more important things” just kept coming up, but now that she is here, I am seriously starting to build this cradle and don’t really think it will take more than a couple weekends of hard work. I think she is smiling as she knows that is not going to happen… Problem number 1 arrived unexpectedly as the Peruvian Walnut ...
I took the glue up out of clamps today… a little longer than I usually leave a glue up… Sanded and squared up two adjacent edges… then cut grooves .. And inlaid some camphor laurel strips… Cut the other grooves and inlaid more strips, The strips were cut on the table saw and ripped to width on the bandsaw.. Is this starting to look like something…. Cut to size and clamping the frame in place… biscuit joints and splined in the mitresR...
- My Journey As A Creative Designer - Woodworking and Beyond - 1751 parts
- Extremely Average - 324 parts
- A journey into the workshop. - 109 parts
- Workshop Development - 107 parts
- Just for Fun... - 97 parts
- Daily Update - 87 parts
- Toy costruction - 85 parts
- Life as an Amateur Woodworker - 80 parts
- "Hobbit Holes in MyWorld" --by RusticWoodArt - 77 parts
- As The Lathe Turns - 76 parts
- Sheila Landry (scrollgirl) - 1776 entries
- dbhost - 428 entries
- frank - 417 entries
- degoose - 397 entries
- Ecocandle - 325 entries
- MsDebbieP - 314 entries
- Karson - 305 entries
- mafe - 304 entries
- Martin Sojka - 296 entries
- William - 258 entries
- shipwright - 250 entries
- Betsy - 228 entries
- stefang - 221 entries
- robscastle - 218 entries
- Dave Rutan - 217 entries
- Stevinmarin - 212 entries
- Todd A. Clippinger - 207 entries
- Gary Fixler - 204 entries
- Smitty_Cabinetshop - 194 entries
- A Slice of Wood Workshop - 192 entries