I am going to post quickly today (really!) because I have much to do. I have been working on cutting the wood kits that were ordered for my haunted carousel and I spent much of the day doing that. I was happy with how things went. I did everything in a nice, organized way and it made things pleasant and I got lots done in not too much time. Yesterday was cutting all the large circular parts for the carousel. Any scroller can tell you that cutting circles can be a challenge. You would thi...
Hello everyone,The router station is finished and the video is now on YouTube. The build was pretty simple and it incorporates the new Dowelmax Router Lift System. We will be releasing another video soon showing the router lift installation more in depth. Check out the video. Don’t forget to subscribe to our channel. Here is a link to the video. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g82VL7jL2ss
When my wife and I bought our townhouse, I promised to take on some DIY projects to improve the storage options. When I took up woodworking, I amended that promise to make cabinets to improve the storage options in our house. Fast forward 7 years, I decided to finally get to the first project on the list. I picked up 2 sheets of 3/4 birch plywood from Home Depot on Friday night. Had them cut in the store and after moving them into my basement, I committed to breaking them down sooner ra...
This is the blog describing how i made this chair. For a long time I have had this corner of my garden that have a place for a bonfire. We use it a lot and the favorite is making pancakes using a pan on a long stick. My son loves it! But the place itself could use some help. Especially the chairs are a bit annoying. I keep them because they were a gift from a friend and have a fun story to them (they are made by the inmates of a local prison that houses long term prisoners): The ...
A great day in the shop today. Did my habitual Saturday morning chisel check, sharpen and hone and then settled down to finish the construction of the seat section. This I made entirely out of the air dried Blue Gum and I am getting more and more enamoured with this particular species, it joints crisply, sands reasonable fast and planes beautifully, although there will always be some interlocking grain to mess with one’s kharma! (main reason is I get it really cheaply) I did the teno...
I milled the leg and spacers/support block out of the same chunk of oak. The screw and nut are the remnants of what I bought for my end vise. A cove cut on the table saw and an 3/8” round over gave me the basic profile. I smoothed it out of with a whatever rasp and file I had on hand. Then marked and mortised for the nut. I’ll probably put a dab of epoxy on final assembly of the nut to make sure to hold it captive. It’s damn good fit if I say so myself. ...
Last time I posted I had glued down the boxes bodies with the inside already french polished I worked on gluing the marquetry panels to the trimmed to size lid My favorite moment is when you see it glued down right way up for the first time, it appears slowly while you remove the paper This glueing of the marquetry on both side had to be precise has they had to be perfectly centered as well as the right way up as when you open the box the owner will appreciate to g...
I sit here and wonder as I begin to write today's post if you aren't all really tired of hearing of my little Haunted Carousel. For the past month or so, I have been completely obsessed with creating it, painting it, and building it. It seems that I have had little else to discuss here because it has taken over my entire life. Yesterday, as I completed the last save on the 77 page pattern (I added some more 'completed' photos in the back of the pattern – everyo...
Today is the day. Before I lay my head on my pillow tonight, I will call my "Scary-Go-Round" pattern and project "Finished"! (SLDP238) After over a month of working on it, I can finally consider it 'done' and move on to other things. While a month may not seem very long to some of you, this project has occupied a huge part of each day (and night) and it seems that I have been living and breathing and sleeping with it nearly every second of each day. It w...
Morning all. I have made a reasonable amount of progress on the various parts. Today’s job is the seat frame. This is made of locally grown air dried Blue Gum. Heavy wood! Below are a few more pics to bring the project up to date. I started wandering around Inkscape last night….”Daunting” is a phrase that comes to mind. Anyway, I have a few projects for clients that I have held off until the Chevy is ready to work, these were originally planned to do with a birdR...
- My Journey As A Scroll Saw Pattern Designer - 1560 parts
- Extremely Average - 324 parts
- Workshop Development - 107 parts
- Just for Fun... - 96 parts
- A journey into the workshop. - 89 parts
- Daily Update - 87 parts
- "Hobbit Holes in MyWorld" --by RusticWoodArt - 77 parts
- As The Lathe Turns - 76 parts
- WoodWriting Haiku Thursday's --by RusticWoodArt - 74 parts
- ScrollSaw Information and Resources - 68 parts
- Sheila Landry (scrollgirl) - 1585 entries
- frank - 417 entries
- degoose - 395 entries
- dbhost - 390 entries
- Ecocandle - 325 entries
- MsDebbieP - 314 entries
- Karson - 305 entries
- Martin Sojka - 296 entries
- mafe - 276 entries
- William - 258 entries
- Betsy - 221 entries
- Stevinmarin - 212 entries
- shipwright - 212 entries
- Gary Fixler - 204 entries
- Todd A. Clippinger - 199 entries
- stefang - 188 entries
- Rustic - 188 entries
- Chris Davis - 183 entries
- BritBoxmaker - 181 entries
- Smitty_Cabinetshop - 175 entries