My five year old daughter Allyson was complaining one night that she had no place to set things when she went to bed. As I was getting ready to begin a woodworking class I offered to build her a nightstand. She enthusiastically accepted. I showed her some pictures of different types of nightstands that I thought I might be able to build. Immediately, she began giving me requirements including that it had to have two drawers and a shelf on the bottom. I have been working on it now for a little...
Well, it wasn’t because of lack of effort that I didn’t finish yesterday. With looking ahead at what I need to accomplish today to finish, I think it was much more my usual nemesis – underestimation – that is to blame. It is funny how I always do this. Perhaps it is because of my optimistic ‘pink cloud’ thinking that I choose to embrace. I really and truly try to be realistic with my time lines, but it is yet to be an ability that I have mastered. I ...
Hello all, Jenn is off at a scrapbooking crop and I was hoping to finish off Paul’s table but I have come across a question. We want to put green felt down on the play surface and I have not idea how to precisely lay it down. I bought spray adhesive to glue it down with but beyond that I am not really sure how to put it down so it looks good and doesn’t roll up at the edges. If any one has advice on measuring, gluing felt down I’d sure appreciate the assist.
Well not too much has been done on the shop over the last while but I did manage to get into the shop for about thre hours today…uhh yesterday and get all but two fixtures back up on the ceiling. Its starting to get too cold to work in there now so I guess I will have to hold off until spring to get the rest of the ceiling up. Any body up for a ceiling installing bee?
Well, I got to help with the move itself which took me out of town for a day, and I didn’t have to stare at the still-drying letters all day! :-) When I got back, they were finally dry enough. So, after a good nap yesterday, to rest these old bones, I started by removing the tape and positioning the words on the sign.There’s still a little stick-um left from the tape on the bottom, and that helps after eyeballing them into place. They don’t slip and slide around. Since the w...
I began a stool to go along with the workbench several weeks ago and it has been coming along very slowly due to other things getting in the way and my limited time to work on it during the week. Over the past few weeks I have been marking out pieces for the stool, as well as having to stop working to go purchase this tool or that tool to allow me to progress further. Today I made a large leap in progress due to a friends help. I took the pieces that had already been cut and the piece that I ...
Not yet finished, but not counting them in my sleep yet either. After 90 spindles and standing in front of the Legacy machine for 10 to 12 hours in the past 4 weeks this job is getting tiring. Made 10of them for the fire place, but their are going to be a few mistakes or OPP’S.And then after three design changes from the customer, and two days down time with a touch of the flew I’ll maybe get this job out of the shop. This is giving me a good lesson on how to set-up jobs on th...
I am still milling lumber, trying to get everything ready for some joinery. Once I get one side flat, I mark it “Flat”. That just helps me keep track of who’s where as I work the pieces and parts. Here is one of the birdseye maple shelves that I glued up then hand planed one side flat, mostly, and is now ready to be taken down to its final thickness. Sorry this picture is a little blurry but you can see how flat the wood is. Just so you can see the results of my swea...
This here is my first attempt at tool refurbishing, this Stanley Plane belonged to my Father-in-law Bob who was a general contractor in Miami,Florida after WW 2, in which he was a Seabee. I have no clue how to use it so I’ll just hang on a wall for the present, wish I had asked Bob about it before he passed away. My brother-in-law in Miami inherited a majority of Bob’s tools, I wonder what he did with them? Will have to call him and ...
Not quite in the workshop... #4: Attic insulation complete, outlets installed, curcuit just needs final connection.
I spent a few quality hours in my attic today finishing up some shop related, but not quite workshop projects… #1. The 1/4” plywood decking by the attic door has been stripped out and replaced with 5/8” OSB. #2. The last two rolls of R30 have been rolled into place, and it was just barely enough to insulate the attic over the shop. I used a grand total of 9 rolls of pink fiberglass insulation in there. #3. As you may recall, I am setting up my shop lights in 2 colum...
- My Journey As A Creative Designer - Woodworking and Beyond - 1768 parts
- Extremely Average - 324 parts
- A journey into the workshop. - 109 parts
- Workshop Development - 107 parts
- Just for Fun... - 97 parts
- Toy costruction - 93 parts
- Daily Update - 87 parts
- Life as an Amateur Woodworker - 80 parts
- "Hobbit Holes in MyWorld" --by RusticWoodArt - 77 parts
- As The Lathe Turns - 76 parts
- Sheila Landry (scrollgirl) - 1793 entries
- dbhost - 430 entries
- frank - 417 entries
- degoose - 397 entries
- Ecocandle - 325 entries
- MsDebbieP - 314 entries
- Karson - 305 entries
- mafe - 304 entries
- Martin Sojka - 296 entries
- William - 258 entries
- shipwright - 253 entries
- Betsy - 228 entries
- robscastle - 226 entries
- stefang - 221 entries
- Dave Rutan - 219 entries
- Stevinmarin - 212 entries
- Todd A. Clippinger - 207 entries
- Gary Fixler - 204 entries
- A Slice of Wood Workshop - 198 entries
- Smitty_Cabinetshop - 194 entries