Hello ,during the school year i created and made a box joint jig work. The downfall being it used a deepthroated bar clams as its mirco adjust clamping the jig fence to my miter gauge. Now im bulding a tool box and need do to a finger jointed side , i have no clamps large enough and have seen no clamps large enough to accomdate in the same fashion , the panel is 11×14x1/2”. the 14 inch width is the one recieving 1/4” finger joints. Anyway im looking for any help or ideas on h...
Blah, summer schlummer! I have somewhat of a problem next week. As you may have read in my previous blog posts, I am a furniture making student and whereas most students look forward to their summer break, I am dreading it. I have 10 terrible weeks away from woodworking….or do I? I have several non-woodworking commitments I have to dedicate myself to throughout the summer break such as continuing my Swedish language course, a wedding and oh yeah…I need to renovate my apar...
As I was fitting the drawer fronts yesterday I noticed that the fronts are being located with their bottoms pretty much aligned with the bottom of the drawers which made me think – shouldn’t there be some overlay there? but I digressed and went on about it…. Looking back – I guess there should have been an overlay after all! See, when I originally planned the drawers I setup a (from the bottom) 6” drawer followed by 2 5” drawers … and each drawe...
Hello everyone, i’m really hoping someone can shed some light on this problem for me. I have an older craftsman Jointer/Planer that is in great working condition, however it has one major problem. Even though the infeed and outfeed tables are parallel when i push a board through it raises up off the outfeed table. Hopefully the pictures below will help…... To me the table look very parallel weather the depth is set to 1/8” or zero. Now time to put a board...
OK, maybe all of my wood-tec type friends out on LJ,s can help me figure this out. I’ve allways been fascinated with the dynamics of curing and drying wood after the harvesting process. One to overcome is of cource the growth vortex that occures in some species and not in others. One question I have is this, Is there a right-hand vortex that occures above the equator as opposed to a left hand one bellow the equator? When a tree wiggles and struggles up out of the grownd, It also “...
I recently purchased a 16” jointer planer combo and 18” 3000 Series Bandsaw from Laguna Tools. It has turned into my worst nightmare. I have spent $6,245.83 on this order. It arrived damaged and I properly noted it on the freight bill. I contacted laguna about the most obvious damage to the band saw. The upper flywheel had come apart in shipping. I rebuilt it and it seems to work fine now. My nightmare starts really with the jointer. In short this machine should edge join using...
Hey folks. Its my birthday in 3 days, and for it my “biological dad” sent me this slab of wood and a giftcard for rockler in the mail. Now the giftcard I love, because I shouldnt have a problem finding something I want that I can use with it, but the slabs another matter. Its about 6 inches deep, 8 across and 20 long, with spines on the bottom of it. Im going to be working with all handtools this summer, and if I could make this into lumber i’d be alot happier, anyone got an...
http://www.blackroses.com/~skip/woodturning/problems/ I picked up some 4F pumice and some rottenstone… I sanded to 400, then used the pumice. I put some of the paraffin oil on a rag, and sprinkled on the pumice. Needless to say, I was quite surprised when the white powder turned ashy, but I cranked up the speed on the lathe and went at it. In short order, the surface was gleaming!“I can’t wait to try out the rottenstone!” Or so I thought… it seems to have gotten into the ?pores? of the ...
I was working on fitting the skirt to the front of the bench, and it looks fantastic. in order to get to the final dimensions of 30” width of the top, I’m missing 1/8” extra material between the benchtop and the skirt to fill in the gap, while keeping the skirt flush with the legs fronts. so far so good. while fitting the skirt to the legs, I noticed that the gap on the left side of the bench is larger than the right side… a quick reach to the tape measure confirmed...
while doing a dry fit to take measurements for drawers and drawer guides disaster struck. After the measurements were taken and I was in the process of disasembling the chest I lost control of some of the parts. the back of the chest fell to its death and broke in two at the tounge and grove joint. this has stopped the next step of the project in its tracks. Now I must fix this problem before I continue. the next intery will be called the reasurection. Heers some pics.
- My Journey As A Scroll Saw Pattern Designer - 1541 parts
- Extremely Average - 324 parts
- Workshop Development - 107 parts
- Just for Fun... - 94 parts
- A journey into the workshop. - 89 parts
- Daily Update - 87 parts
- "Hobbit Holes in MyWorld" --by RusticWoodArt - 77 parts
- As The Lathe Turns - 76 parts
- WoodWriting Haiku Thursday's --by RusticWoodArt - 74 parts
- ScrollSaw Information and Resources - 68 parts
- Sheila Landry (scrollgirl) - 1566 entries
- frank - 417 entries
- degoose - 394 entries
- dbhost - 390 entries
- Ecocandle - 325 entries
- MsDebbieP - 314 entries
- Karson - 305 entries
- Martin Sojka - 296 entries
- mafe - 268 entries
- William - 258 entries
- Betsy - 221 entries
- Stevinmarin - 212 entries
- shipwright - 212 entries
- Gary Fixler - 204 entries
- Todd A. Clippinger - 199 entries
- stefang - 188 entries
- Rustic - 186 entries
- Chris Davis - 183 entries
- BritBoxmaker - 181 entries
- Smitty_Cabinetshop - 170 entries