Matthew and I were going to do a video this weekend but got side tracked with the need for storage. Things are piling up and disorder is setting in. Time to get things in order a little. Last week I added a drawing for shop cabinets to the free plans section on www.thenewfoundlandwoodworker.com . They are very basic, and cheap. This is them :)Mind the doors, they are stuck on with double faced tape for now. Hinges Monday Cabinet Size14 1/4×33 1/4 Materials1 sheet 5/8 D grade pl...
I found some great ideas for building storage beds for our two boys on the internet, at Ana White Homemaker. After studying these plans for a bit, I decided I wanted to make some changes, mainly to upgrade the joinery methods and make the base cabinets deeper, so they met in the middle under the box spring. So, here’s what I came up with after learning google sketchup, and going through a few design revisions. This bed is basically made up of several box cabinets that will be bolted ...
I’ve been at it since Thursday, gathering materials and and being a “wild wood whacker.” This was what it looked like at the end of Friday;From Yala, Hakim and Michelle Since then I’ve been curring shelves, drawer parts, countertop and shelf edging. Gluing and screwing and jointing and joining. In 4 days, I’ve put in about 40 hours. Today is more assembly! Hopefully I can have it ready for a primer and first coat by tomorrow morning!
One of the things that I like about my job is that I get to do a little bit of everything; it lets me be the “jack of all trades” that I so like to be. Recently the bathroom sink in our employee area fell off of the wall after being stuck to it for almost 30 years. It was decided to do a little bit of a redesign, since most people were not overly thrilled with the small sink we had anyway. I had some help in assembly from one of my new employees who is getting more interested in the wood work...
I’ve got my own site where I like to write about my projects so rather than duplicate them here I’ll just provide a little teaser. If you’d like to read the full post just click here. As promised, I completed the base of the entertainment center this time, along with a couple of other little details. The base is just made up of four corner blocks and four rails screwed together with some pocket screws. The corner blocks were actually pretty easy to make although…
I have suceeded in reaching my goal of posting the completed project by the end of the week !! Here is the next piece of furniture in my office. One I have been looking forward to. The Ottoman I will be posting it as project shortly, but wanted to finish out the blog series on it. Like the rest of my office furniture it is General Finishes Antique Oak finish with 2 coats of poly. I did somethinga a little different this time and used a spray can poly. I really like the way it came out a...
Well it has not been as long between furniture projects as the last time but still a bit. This time I am working on my ottoman. I have finished assembling the frame this evening and plan to work on the finishing and the upholstered top this week with a little sewing help from my wife. Here is here a few pics of what has happened so far. The paper you see at the top are my basic plans. I am really bad at plans, this or a general layout in PowerPoint are how I do most of my planning. Fr...
My wife wanted a daybed that we could put in one of our spare bedrooms for when we have more than one couple stay the night. We searched high and low, but couldn’t find anything that we liked. So, I downloaded Google SketchUp and started playing around. My wife and I both like the arts and crafts and shaker styles, so that’s more or less what I based it on. It’s not true to form, since I had a tight deadline on getting it done, so no mortise and tenon joints. I ...
After a couple of days of mowing grass, moving all the plants out of the greenhouse/paint booth and cleaning up things I managed to get back in the shop and do some work today. After all the clean up I took the assembled frame and moved it to the cleaned out section that I have up front in the shop. I originally enclosed a 10×10 section with heavy plastic so LOML can bring her plants in to winter over. I then proceeded to cut the outer Cabinet Verticals, Headboard and Header Board ...
I know it has been almost a month but it has been a busy one.. with a little time here and there I was able to finish the base desk. I put the last coat of poly on it last night and was able to move it in to the office this afternoon and get that temporary desk moved out of the way. I will be taking it apart and recycling it into new furniture for DW new sewing room. The new desk fit in place great and I am now working on figuring out the next step which will more then likely be my...
- My Journey As A Scroll Saw Pattern Designer - 1586 parts
- Extremely Average - 324 parts
- Workshop Development - 107 parts
- Just for Fun... - 96 parts
- A journey into the workshop. - 89 parts
- Daily Update - 87 parts
- "Hobbit Holes in MyWorld" --by RusticWoodArt - 77 parts
- As The Lathe Turns - 76 parts
- WoodWriting Haiku Thursday's --by RusticWoodArt - 74 parts
- ScrollSaw Information and Resources - 68 parts
- Sheila Landry (scrollgirl) - 1611 entries
- frank - 417 entries
- degoose - 396 entries
- dbhost - 390 entries
- Ecocandle - 325 entries
- MsDebbieP - 314 entries
- Karson - 305 entries
- Martin Sojka - 296 entries
- mafe - 278 entries
- William - 258 entries
- Betsy - 221 entries
- shipwright - 213 entries
- Stevinmarin - 212 entries
- Gary Fixler - 204 entries
- Todd A. Clippinger - 199 entries
- stefang - 198 entries
- Rustic - 188 entries
- BritBoxmaker - 186 entries
- Chris Davis - 183 entries
- Smitty_Cabinetshop - 176 entries