For the version with pictures, please click here. I didn’t have a lot of time today between getting batches of Sky Fort parts prepped for installation. But, I did have just enough time to work on plugging the bolt holes in top. I picked up a 1”x36” oak dowel from the BORG and measured the depth of each bolt hole individually. Then I transferred the measurement to the dowel and used a coping saw to get a nice clean cut. After some pounding with the rubber mallet (b...
This third installment includes a short narrated slideshow of the mounting of the grills made in the last installment and the continued reinforcement of the door. If you remember, I’m making a set of screen doors for set of Anderson french exterior doors. Anyone have any recommendations on a good outside finish for pine? I’m thinking spar or marine varnish.
I spent some time today setting the ebony plugs I made in my last entry. It was pretty easy really even though I was pretty apprehensive about drilling holes in an assembled piece. Start by drilling some holes. These plugs are 1/4” so the drill bit is a little smaller at 3/16”. I drilled a little over the depth of the plugs at 1/4” I bought a very cheap 1/4” hollow mortice chisel. I flipped the bit upside down and used it to center the chisel over the...
This design is a takeoff of a night table design I did last year. The influence is the architecture of Bhutan. I graduated from the University of Texas at El Paso, one of only about three places in the world that share this type of architecture. Bhutanese temples are characterized by their inward sloping walls and graduated windows.Front View: I used a combination of the golden ratio and Hambidge Progression to come up with the dimensions. The bookcase is open on both sides and can be plac...
using my invention its childs play to pick up tiny seeds one at a time to place in plug or seed trays, or make your own seed tapes !!
- My Journey As A Scroll Saw Pattern Designer - 1186 parts
- Extremely Average - 324 parts
- A journey into the workshop. - 87 parts
- Daily Update - 87 parts
- Just for Fun... - 81 parts
- "Hobbit Holes in MyWorld" --by RusticWoodArt - 77 parts
- WoodWriting Haiku Thursday's --by RusticWoodArt - 74 parts
- The Craftsman's Path - 67 parts
- As The Lathe Turns - 67 parts
- Workshop Development - 65 parts
- Sheila Landry (scrollgirl) - 1208 entries
- frank - 417 entries
- degoose - 387 entries
- dbhost - 331 entries
- Ecocandle - 325 entries
- MsDebbieP - 300 entries
- Martin Sojka - 297 entries
- Karson - 293 entries
- William - 249 entries
- Betsy - 221 entries
- Stevinmarin - 212 entries
- Gary Fixler - 204 entries
- mafe - 204 entries
- Todd A. Clippinger - 187 entries
- Chris Davis - 183 entries
- Rustic - 183 entries
- PurpLev - 162 entries
- shipwright - 160 entries
- BritBoxmaker - 159 entries
- scottb - 144 entries