Hello all, just released part two of our Mid Century Modern Hall Table build. Some funny stuff happened when shooting this half of the video. The table turned out great. Don’t forget to Subscribe, Share, Comment, & Like. Here is a link to the video. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IT_evcTzK2A Here is a link to part 1 if you missed it. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FLScGspjapE Thanks for watching!
I was in need of reorganizing my work space, so I started with finishing this fir bench that I had framed up a few years back to double it as a outfeed table. All the wood used was reclaimed, therefore at no cost. At this point I will move it to it’s new spot in my shop and match the table saw to the back left corner and line up for routing out Miter slide tracks in the top. The handles are made of Spalted Oak. You can see a video of the build here… https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nppe9...
Hello all, We posted a new video to YouTube. We made a video slide show of some of the work we have done since starting in woodworking in 2002. Check out the video and watch our progression in our woodworking adventure. The mid century modern hall table we are working on is almost done. Part 2 to that video should be out in the next week or so. Thanks for watching and if you haven’t already don”t forget to subscribe to our channel. Here is a link to the video. https://www.youtu...
My morning was taken up entirely by straightening out a snafu with my medical insurance co. and the doctor’s office. What a pain. Sometimes I wonder why I have health insurance. Anyway. . . When I did make it out to the shop, I had this cutoff piece of walnut left over from the leg vise chop that was perfect for the deadman. I’m not really done with it at this point, all I did was rip it and cut to length, cut a rabbet at the top and the V groove at the bottom. It fits right...
I didn’t write the final post last week as I was pretty busy with my 20th wedding anniversary. Last weekend I had planned on flattening the tops on my last day off but only got half of it done. I had decided to use the router to flatten it, using a sled and rails. I saw the technique on the Wood Whisperer video and thought it was a good idea. So I went to the big box and got two 2×6 kiln dried 8’ long boards for the rails. The first thing it to make the edges straight and ...
After a long morning drinking my coffee and thinking about alternatives to keep working, I drove to the lumber yard and got a piece of baltic birch to make the flattening sled out of. When I came back I took my bent saw blade out and put a crescent wrench on the bent tooth. I moved it about three times and I think it may be useable. I soaked it in simple green to get the pitch off and I’ll try it tomorrow. I’m expecting that it’ll be a little rough but that’s ok. IR...
So, my task today was to cut up a piece of maple I bought the other day to make the gap stop and get it glued up in the clamps and then go over to family for Easter dinner. I set up the band saw and set about resawing the board into two halves. It went fine for the first 3/4 of the board then it was binding the blade and was not tracking straight, and not wanting to cut. I made a couple of adjustments, everything else looked fine in the setup. It just wouldn’t cut and was binding hor...
Rainy weekends. Working weekends. Family events. I’m definitely not complaining about family events, but the others can just go away thank you very much. In my first entry on this blog, I showed some images of my bathroom countertop. I had just taken the camps off when I received some excellent advice from my friend Gary. Yup, he said “If you glue that top to a plywood substrate, the substrate will be relatively stable while the surface expands and contracts.” Yup. ...
Wow! It has been a very busy couple of weeks. Last year I purchased the 2hp Harborfreight dust collector. I knew I was not going to use it in it’s stock configuration, I knew I wanted to set it up like Jay Bates did. So when I first got the DC I crammed it in a spot out of the way, to the right of the DC was the chimney, to the left was a bunch of Junk. I moved it to the NW corner of the basement. The blower is mounted on top of the factory ring and is exsausted to t...
Apologies for mangling French irretrievably there just to force out a pun…. The doors presented a few logistical challenges. Surprisingly, the internal rebate angles were the least of these. The largest challenge was in the form of how best to clamp the main outer frame whilst gluing. The frame comprises morticed hinge and lock stiles with two tenoned upper/lower rails. (the mortice and tenon sizes increased in height which the drawing does not indicate) Prior to any shapin...
- My Journey As A Scroll Saw Pattern Designer - 1545 parts
- Extremely Average - 324 parts
- Workshop Development - 107 parts
- Just for Fun... - 95 parts
- A journey into the workshop. - 89 parts
- Daily Update - 87 parts
- "Hobbit Holes in MyWorld" --by RusticWoodArt - 77 parts
- As The Lathe Turns - 76 parts
- WoodWriting Haiku Thursday's --by RusticWoodArt - 74 parts
- ScrollSaw Information and Resources - 68 parts
- Sheila Landry (scrollgirl) - 1570 entries
- frank - 417 entries
- degoose - 394 entries
- dbhost - 390 entries
- Ecocandle - 325 entries
- MsDebbieP - 314 entries
- Karson - 305 entries
- Martin Sojka - 296 entries
- mafe - 271 entries
- William - 258 entries
- Betsy - 221 entries
- Stevinmarin - 212 entries
- shipwright - 212 entries
- Gary Fixler - 204 entries
- Todd A. Clippinger - 199 entries
- stefang - 188 entries
- Rustic - 186 entries
- Chris Davis - 183 entries
- BritBoxmaker - 181 entries
- Smitty_Cabinetshop - 170 entries