NOTE: I have just edited this blog to make some corrections in the original text! I have begun building my last (?) Easy Shop Table. Based on a similar design used in my Assembly Table from Wood Magazine (March 2010). Once again, this table (like my others) is built from standard grade construction lumber, redimensioned for the project (from the big box store). So far, I’ve purchased 2 2×10”s x 10’ for the frame of the project. The lumber cost for the frame assem...
Hello again, Just finished my homemade shop air filter. I had to change my original plans, which were to hang it from the ceiling. That’s because I also wanted a washable filter, to keep down on the ongoing costs. So here was the final criteria: I needed a blower that would draw and push at least 800 CFm, a primary filter that would catch up to 5 microns, and a secondary filter that would catch 1 micron particles, and not be cost prohibitive. Plus – it had to be quiet. S...
NOTE All of my photos have been migrated to a new provider, and the links in my posts are likely out of date. You can find the photos here. My old crosscut sled sucked. I made it before I acquired a lot of knowledge, but I’ve been dragging along with it for a while. I did some test cuts the other day, and realized just how out of shape it was, so I decided it was time for a new one. So here comes the Cross Cut Sled Journey! I decided I wanted a fence with a T groove on it, s...
I couldnt find any info that explained how to make bent inlays without using a router and a template, which is time consuming and limiting. I thought about using the bandsaw to make S shaped cuts and inserting pliable strips, but thought that the rough cuts made by the course teeth would show up, but I was encouraged after reading Blogs by Patron and Degoose on making double curve lazy susans. The cuts were made on the bandsaw and the pieces mated up just fine. So, I made a test piece. I trie...
Next step is to make the ends of the segments curved. Shell-like if you want.For that we need a new jig.. Yeah I know some of you haven’t finished the first one..!This is ultra simple.Firstly a fresh piece of ply .. 1/4 ” is fine.I inserted a bearing to make this more durable .. same same as last one.This was positioned 4.5 ” from the end[centred on the width] and an arc cut on the end via the circle cutting jig.. same same.Cut two fences same as the one of the first jig ...
The next box in the series Oops!, A Llittle Cabinetree, and now Facets is on the build. It had to be started because I’ve been obsessing too much on the finish of Cabinetree and in order to amuse myself between coats I had been so bored I had started making micro plywood and then micro boxes and banding. It had to stop.So the other day I started to think about what the next logical step would be keeping the theme and some of the aspects of the others but going a very different direction...
Drill two holes in the fence . one a little larger.. to take 1/4 ” bolts . Mark these positions on the base and drill these holes to attach the fence to the base. One bolt is held with a nut and other with a Knob.[for adjustment in fine tuning the fence if necessary]. Drill two addition holes in the fence to accept 1/4 ” bolts for tightening the bridge clamps.[These holes got through the fence only] Refer to the photo.In his pic you may see that I inserted a bearing to serve as...
I’ve been thinking about this for a while. I’m a contract engineer so we have to move every few years. My shop is usually one side of a two car garage with makeshift shelves. I sometimes add some cheap cabinets but end up leaving them when we move. A good dust collection system is out of the questions so I usually do a lot of my work in the driveway. This means carry saw horses and plywood for makeshift benches and wheeling tools on rollers in and out. There are many trips back an...
This board is not part of the 150.. I showed one of the 150 to a friend and she wanted one but a little larger,This is the way it was made.Cut some bits of board. NGR SA TBDress all sides.This is to see the way it will look with the stripe. Cut all pieces to 250 mm.Join the NGR and edge with TB on one and SA for the other.Glue a sacrificial board to the SA prior to cutting the arcs.This is the arc cutting jig.. a slight variation on the patron jigSet the stop with a nail… high tech I kn...
The top and bottom spoons are Myrtlewood from Oregon, and the center one is Mahogany. Each took about 1.5 hours.The handle of the top spoon is a twist, but didnt photograph very well.I noticed the recent contest posted by Osageman and was impressed with both his skill and his big heart.Be sure and take a look at his page and make a guess on that wood.I couldnt identify that wood, but it got my attention.It got me interested in making a few spoons this last weekend and I wanted to share my...
- My Journey As A Scroll Saw Pattern Designer - 1464 parts
- Extremely Average - 324 parts
- Workshop Development - 107 parts
- Just for Fun... - 93 parts
- A journey into the workshop. - 89 parts
- Daily Update - 87 parts
- "Hobbit Holes in MyWorld" --by RusticWoodArt - 77 parts
- As The Lathe Turns - 76 parts
- WoodWriting Haiku Thursday's --by RusticWoodArt - 74 parts
- The Craftsman's Path - 67 parts
- Sheila Landry (scrollgirl) - 1488 entries
- frank - 417 entries
- degoose - 394 entries
- dbhost - 390 entries
- Ecocandle - 325 entries
- MsDebbieP - 314 entries
- Karson - 305 entries
- Martin Sojka - 296 entries
- William - 258 entries
- mafe - 236 entries
- Betsy - 221 entries
- Stevinmarin - 212 entries
- Gary Fixler - 204 entries
- shipwright - 198 entries
- Todd A. Clippinger - 197 entries
- Rustic - 186 entries
- stefang - 185 entries
- Chris Davis - 183 entries
- BritBoxmaker - 177 entries
- PurpLev - 163 entries