Greetings All, Well, as I said in the first part…I grabbed out my original sketches and they looked nothing like what I had in my mind now, but knew I wanted to incorporate some of my original ideas into the final design. So, I grabbed my DRY ERASE MARKER…and made a cardinal mistake. I rough sketched my final design (going completely crazy on details) on my large whiteboard. I Would have been fine, until my g/f erased the whiteboards a week later, not knowing I hadn’t c...
Well, here are the steps that I accomplished to get to this point. I did run the cut strips thru the drum sander to clean them up a little and to take any imperfections out so the glue would hold better, at least that was the plan. I hope to take the clamps off tomorrow and maybe run it thru the drum sander to see if my design will hold true. Misc. bamboo pieces I have to work with Cut blanks to be cut into strips Cut strips Strips turned on edge Bundled edge pieces Hopefu...
Today the crazy vintage architect(Mafe) and his sweet grilfriend from France dropped by to af cup of coffe. We spend a very nice time with talking and once again my english was not the best,but i think they understood me( at least i hope so ) I am planing to make a workshop on the roof were i can get 24kvm. I was in doubt if i could do it up there cause its an old roof and i was affraid to make it “to tight” so the woodenconstruction cant “brieef”. I took Mafe...
Not much in the woodwork line today. Its Sue and my 15th wedding anniversary today. This coincides with the 50th birthday party for the company I work for, Mole Valley Farmers. Their party is down in Torquay so off we go. Had an eye test, last week and I need new glasses. They’ll be calling me Pebbles before long. Not surprising with the sort of woodwork I do. Should pick them up next Thursday. There was a project posted recently of a 2 cubic inch box. My little Bess Ring box come...
Version 1.2a At this point I decided to get more “radical” in my design approach. I removed two of the cross rails (found out through experience that I didn’t need them anyway). Then I took the corner poles out of the flanges and put a “sleeve” on the side of my table for the corner poles to slide into (see photo below). Electrical conduit clamps work great for attaching the sleeves. This design also allowed me to adjust the height of the router sled in...
Movin’ right along, here’s Version 1.2 of my router planer. Because I’d made the router sled larger in order to accommodate larger pieces, I now needed to design something bigger for the sled to ride on. That’s when I came up with the idea of using longer piping for the end poles and cross rails (instead of the 12” pipes and the plywood cross rails shown in my first design). The photo below shows my first attempt (my “beta” version) at this new des...
The next design I came up with for my router planer was based loosely on some of the designs some fellow woodworkers had posted right here on Lumberjocks. The biggest design change was that I eliminated the sled pictured in the first photo in my last blog entry and used angle iron glides instead. Now here was a design I really took a liking to right away. This one allowed me to plane much larger pieces without fear of slipping off the edges of the runners because the router moves withi...
Every now and then you need to face a challenge. This is my latest. I had been working up to this for quite a few months. Luckily I have some project funds and what with my suppliers prices going up and VAT increases in the new year I felt it was the right time. A friend who plays asked if I could make him a cello but I felt that I could not commit his resources and expectations on the first one so I am making it for myself. Goodness knows why as I don’t play. However, he asked for a St...
One of the things I found out very early on in my type of woodworking is that the slabs I use in my projects are often in dire need of planing. The problem with this is the thickness planer I had was not large enough to accommodate the width of most of these slabs. So, I began reviewing my old book and magazine libraries and surfing the Net to try and find something else that might meet the need for the type of work I planned to do. The results of my search were mixed. The very first opti...
I saw this in an older Fine Woodworking issue (#202) and was compelled to finish my outfeed table for my Unisaw. Mine needs to be built a little different as I have the sliding table to the left of my saw, and the left extension wing is removed. My storage below the table will really only have only one usable side and end. I designed it to be 90 degrees from the photo, two drawers at the bottom, table saw blade storage, and an open spot for my dado blade kits on the higher level. I ...
- My Journey As A Creative Designer - Woodworking and Beyond - 1815 parts
- Extremely Average - 324 parts
- Toy costruction - 130 parts
- A journey into the workshop. - 115 parts
- Workshop Development - 107 parts
- Just for Fun... - 98 parts
- Woodworking on a Half-Shoestring - 91 parts
- Daily Update - 87 parts
- Life as an Amateur Woodworker - 82 parts
- "Hobbit Holes in MyWorld" --by RusticWoodArt - 77 parts
- Sheila Landry (scrollgirl) - 1840 entries
- dbhost - 448 entries
- frank - 417 entries
- degoose - 397 entries
- Ecocandle - 325 entries
- mafe - 322 entries
- MsDebbieP - 314 entries
- Karson - 305 entries
- Martin Sojka - 296 entries
- Dave Rutan - 265 entries
- William - 258 entries
- shipwright - 254 entries
- robscastle - 253 entries
- Betsy - 228 entries
- A Slice of Wood Workshop - 222 entries
- stefang - 221 entries
- bandit571 - 214 entries
- Stevinmarin - 212 entries
- Todd A. Clippinger - 207 entries
- Gary Fixler - 204 entries