Tapering of the legs went pretty well. The tapering jig in the last post failed a little because all I had done is shoot brad nails in the cross braces. ( Duh!) had to reset the angle and re-cut a few sides but not too bad. (lesson #1: secure the jig!) Since this was a 4 side taper, I cut 2 sides, then used the off-cut as a wedge to fill the gap when I cut the other 2 sides. I cut the notch (dado?) for the shelf in my table saw sled before I did the taper so it would be perpendicular ...
Yep, using soft pine. Not confident enough yet to spend the $ on hardwood. This could just end up being a prototype if I don’t like how it finishes but it wont be used for chopping. Updated Plan Gluing up the legs: Taper Jig ready (haven’t made it adjustable yet) Gluing up the top. Need some shorter pipes for my pipe clamps. 5’ pipe clamps on a 16.5” wide top. “ha!” but I needed their strength.. Top ended up with a slight twi...
View on YouTube Hi folks! So this past weekend I turned a bunch of free industrial pallets into a new workbench! I still have to add a vice and some shelving down below, but the main bench is finished!
Hi everyone, a few weeks ago a friend asked me these slices to use as Christmas ornaments and I took the opportunity to release the laser machine. So far I had cut the logs by freehand but this jig is very handy and works very well. Hope make more jigs for the bandsaw in the future because is very handy to save money in blades. Check out the video here: https://youtu.be/dKV1M2XVJ2s Thanks for watching and be loving!
The blank came out of the clamps today. Marked it for the size of the box, trying to get as much of an old knot cut off as I could. One part of the blank was a bit fatter than the other.. Sanding that down would have taken too much time and sandpaper.. we have ways.. After drilling a pair of new dog holes, on a center line from the vise…I used a Stanley #5c with a cambered iron. Going across the grain, didn’t take all that long to get close to flat. Then turn the bla...
Well, some fellow named Gumption finally found where I was hiding out, so, off to the shop I went. I had that Stanley #45 set up as a “Hollows” plane. Yes, Stanley made cutters like this…...IF you can find, and even afford them. Anyway, started milling the rest of the grooves… Groove #2…fighting the grain, still Groove #3….I needed the cam rest, as I was out in the middle of nowhere. I was also no longer fighting the grain. Had to turn the bl...
Been busy at times, other times I been playing Hooky from the shop. Just to catch up as to where I’m at on this project… Holder #2 was glued up, and the blanks for two others as well… Have those out of the clamps now. Sanded down, and hinges installed.. Next holder has been cut to size, and flattened out. But when I got the rest of the bits out, I found I had a few more than I thought. Both holders are full, and I still have all of those bit? The BIG a...
This picture frame was specifically made to house a fish print of a fish I caught earlier this year. I included a miniature frame within the frame in order to hold the lure I used to catch the fish. I know I will get comments on the lack of finish, but I chose to leave it without a finish because I thought it looked nice the way it is. View on YouTube
Since this is supposed to open like a large book. Back page has been finished up. I placed a blank in the clamps this morning for the second page. Added the outsides on the bottom page.. Only need three pieces, this time. Page one did need some slots made, though.. Because there needed to be a way to lift a bit up out of the holder. Backsaw to define the slot. chisel to chop it out.. Then marked the side pieces for height, and saw them to size. Had to keep track of which se...
Not too sure I like how it is going. Played hooky today, tomorrow I find out about my version of Big Ben’s Knee. Got pretty worn out trying to get ONE holder done. Block was short in length by..~1/8-1/4”....have that fixed. These are the bits I am trying to build a holder for….and, These are the drills I thought I’d use to make the holder.. First hole wasn’t that great. I tried holding the block at a 45 degree angle in the vise. Bit followed th...
- My Journey As A Creative Designer - Woodworking and Beyond - 1807 parts
- Extremely Average - 324 parts
- Toy costruction - 127 parts
- A journey into the workshop. - 112 parts
- Workshop Development - 107 parts
- Just for Fun... - 98 parts
- Woodworking on a Half-Shoestring - 90 parts
- Daily Update - 87 parts
- Life as an Amateur Woodworker - 81 parts
- "Hobbit Holes in MyWorld" --by RusticWoodArt - 77 parts
- Sheila Landry (scrollgirl) - 1832 entries
- dbhost - 439 entries
- frank - 417 entries
- degoose - 397 entries
- Ecocandle - 325 entries
- mafe - 319 entries
- MsDebbieP - 314 entries
- Karson - 305 entries
- Martin Sojka - 296 entries
- William - 258 entries
- shipwright - 254 entries
- robscastle - 245 entries
- Dave Rutan - 245 entries
- Betsy - 228 entries
- stefang - 221 entries
- A Slice of Wood Workshop - 213 entries
- Stevinmarin - 212 entries
- Todd A. Clippinger - 207 entries
- Gary Fixler - 204 entries
- bandit571 - 201 entries