Well…I was not going to post this…but since it has been so long…maybe it was time to share the good news…after a few tough years we bought a new house.. and.. there is lots of building room! My shop space doubled…and i can SEE …because my electrical works…before I ran my shop from an extension cord connected to the house 30 feet away… This is my first woodworking in my new shop…it will allow me to easily move th...
Well…vacation has its perks when it comes to the stressed out teacher…this past week I really got moving again (FINALLY) after a super tough couple of years…it felt like we were finally home for the first time in two years even though we have been home since July… My goal was simple…get as far as I could…and change gears from perfection to—-’git er done’... I really wanted to rough out all the remaining parts for the boat and not fin...
Well its hard to believe that it has been nearly a year since my last update—-and this second little boat which was supposed to be a quick build so I could get on the water will nearly be 2 years into the build…embarrassing! However…after the toughest two years of my life…TWO moves, unemployment, job changes and so on and so on…I finally got both my boats arranged on the patio this weekend. Since we moved back to our house in Napa (where I have lots of buil...
Well made a bit of progress today. Glued this down a couple of evenings ago and could finish mounting the locker bulkhead this evening. I’ve added the lid for the locker. I’m not impressed with the fit of the lid but I figure I’m spending too much time on it fiddling and I might just fiddle myself into winter without getting 816 wet. I’m telling myself its for ventilation so the locker doesn’t get musty:-) I did deliberately leave a bit of...
Well this is the last view inside the tanks as they are now sealed. I will flip it over tomorrow and epoxy the hull, bow and transom and then its ready to float. It is a bit heavier than I thought so I am going to have to rig up some kind of ramp to get it on my roof rack. I may yet be forced into buying a small trailer. This is how I left hull 816 this evening. After the hull is coated I will tape and seal the tops of the tanks but I am just about out of epoxy so I want to get...
Well…finally some pictures for all of you…and I decided to honor my good friend WARREN PERCELL by naming my PDR ”SIDETRACKED”... Sidetracked is my new boats name—-since this little boat has sidetracked me from my bigger sail boat build (Weekender Sailboat). Since my last update I have only had weekends—-but other then traveling last weekend I have worked at least a little bit on the boat (s) each weekend…little things…LOTS of filling and s...
Well after a busy first 3 weeks in the build I had a slow two weeks since Thanksgiving weekend ended… But today—-I finished off the hull by putting on the bow and transom pieces (boat ends). Seemed to take me forever but its done…and now once the epoxy firms up I will start working inside the boat…with only one more week of school….WOOT I cant wait! This is the finished shot…you can see my other sail boat build in the back… This ...
Well I was feeling a little guilty about a 4th blog in less then 24 hours…but then I checked my e-mail and had 12 new project posts from Lazy Larry (Degoose)... So here it is…THE BOTTOM is glued and screwed…and went pretty well…Sarah helped me which made it all possible… First I had to let the bottom bend over night…the ends had the toughest time flexing all the way down…so I was a bit worried the bow end would not go down… Then I reali...
Ok…this week is not over…but I am super happy to say that in 3+ weeks of work I am now three d…it took me a year to get there on my Weekender…so I am really enjoying a project that goes fast…and feels so manageable… (A)The first step to going three d was the framing pieces that connect the panels. The first piece I made did not work…I was going to put this piece in…and then another two small spacers (one in each air box). I quickly realized...
The next steps on my PDR took me about a week…I took the 4 sides sheets and added stringers… Since the sheets are only 1/4” you need a wider edge in order to attach the boat bottom, and decks… In photo (A): you can see the first panel with I did after school one day before the weather got wet a few weeks ago…the leading edge the panel is where the bow or front of the boat will attach… In photo (B): once I had the first panel done I decided to c...
- My Journey As A Creative Designer - Woodworking and Beyond - 1742 parts
- Extremely Average - 324 parts
- Workshop Development - 107 parts
- A journey into the workshop. - 105 parts
- Just for Fun... - 97 parts
- Daily Update - 87 parts
- Life as an Amateur Woodworker - 79 parts
- "Hobbit Holes in MyWorld" --by RusticWoodArt - 77 parts
- As The Lathe Turns - 76 parts
- WoodWriting Haiku Thursday's --by RusticWoodArt - 74 parts
- Sheila Landry (scrollgirl) - 1767 entries
- dbhost - 418 entries
- frank - 417 entries
- degoose - 397 entries
- Ecocandle - 325 entries
- MsDebbieP - 314 entries
- Karson - 305 entries
- mafe - 304 entries
- Martin Sojka - 296 entries
- William - 258 entries
- shipwright - 246 entries
- Betsy - 228 entries
- stefang - 220 entries
- robscastle - 218 entries
- Dave Rutan - 213 entries
- Stevinmarin - 212 entries
- Todd A. Clippinger - 207 entries
- Gary Fixler - 204 entries
- Smitty_Cabinetshop - 193 entries
- A Slice of Wood Workshop - 190 entries