https://youtu.be/NL-KcL0LvNo Hello again folks! In my continuing work with reclaimed wood, I made a rustic bird house! I also made a video about it! Enjoy!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k4BlNiZCJQY I needed a way to access higher shelves in my workshop, so I made myself a step stool out of some pallet wood! I hope you enjoy!
Last year I started an on-again/off-again/on-again/etc. crusade to get rid of stuff in and around the house that was no longer needed, wanted or useful. I admit to being a pack-rat. I admit to being lazy (at times). But when my goat gets up, it won’t stop eating until there’s nothing left to eat. Not sure why that came out, but I am sure someone got the gist of it. For years we had our VHS tapes sitting on this oak rack. While we still have one combo player that will work with ...
I posted the other day a completed project I made for the wife’s birthday. She has now populated the rack, so here is what it was designed to look like in use: Note that on some of the spools there is a bobbin containing the same thread. This was the key ingredient: she wanted to keep the bobbins with the spools providing the thread and color. I wasn’t surprised to see that she doubled up on bobbins for some of them. I asked her if she would want to do this before starting ...
Woodworking on a Half-Shoestring #41: Outdoor ACU>RITE Digital Wireless Temperature Sensor Housing (Finale)
Finally finished and mounted on the outside wall of the back enclosed porch. I neglected to get a completed assembly picture before mounting, so please check out the previous two parts in my blog for a complete overview. The final three pictures:- Insertion of the wireless sensor into the box. Note the wooden sensor pin. - The bottom vent plate installed. - Wall mount bracket drilled for mounting bolts and fender washers. How well is it working? It’s now in direc...
Woodworking on a Half-Shoestring #40: Outdoor ACU>RITE Digital Wireless Temperature Sensor Housing (Part 2)
It was never my intent to make this build into an attractive build. Functional is the priority. It is the only reason for going through all this work for a $10.00 item. But it’s not unusual for my build ideas to become runaway trains, sometimes with no way to stop safely (enter the music of Jethro Tull’s Locomotive Breath.) My intent was to make this a 100% free pallet wood build. I have brand new pine boards and studs I could have used. With a change in design—swinging sens...
Woodworking on a Half-Shoestring #39: Outdoor ACU>RITE Digital Wireless Temperature Sensor Housing (Part 1)
I posted in my previous blog entry the need to create a weather protected housing and mount for the ACU>RITE sensor, which will track outdoor ambient temperatures and transmit wirelessly to the indoor digital display. Previously we had it mounted on the enclosed porch inner wall. The temperature skew due to heat loss into the porch was tremendous, making the unit useless for our need. Because I didn’t go into the project with a clear idea of what it would end up looking like, as adju...
Yesterday I started on a project that will (fingers and toes crossed) solve a a simple problem with a device not working as hoped for. The device?The ACU>RITE indoor/ourdoors wifi temperature sensor and electronic gauge. The problem?We have been using it on the unheated back porch, and because of heat loss from the house into the porch area the outdoor readings are skewed by quite a bit. The answer?Make and mount a wooden hanger on the outside wall of the back porch; make and sus...
I decided to rough sketch the fruit and veggie bin I plan on making for a corner of the kitchen. Currently we are using a two-bin round steel thingie that works, but is too small for our needs. This will be about twice the height and wider than the steel unit in place. Exact dimensions will be determined when I get around to drafting up plans. I have plenty of pallet wood and reclaimed lumber to make this with. The only change to the drawing I may still make is to replace the bottom bin sl...
I finally got around to completing this prototype rack, one I started last fall—been a busy and troublesome winter so far. The wood used in this Wine & Glasses Rack is hemlock, the most commonly used pallet wood in my area. This a design I made up based on some others I have seen on the Web. Being a prototype, it has major and minor flaws, but I’m content with the premise behind the design and will make needed changes in the next build. The finish is Danish oil, medium waln...
- My Journey As A Creative Designer - Woodworking and Beyond - 1793 parts
- Extremely Average - 324 parts
- Toy costruction - 116 parts
- A journey into the workshop. - 110 parts
- Workshop Development - 107 parts
- Just for Fun... - 98 parts
- Daily Update - 87 parts
- Woodworking on a Half-Shoestring - 82 parts
- Life as an Amateur Woodworker - 81 parts
- "Hobbit Holes in MyWorld" --by RusticWoodArt - 77 parts
- Sheila Landry (scrollgirl) - 1818 entries
- dbhost - 436 entries
- frank - 417 entries
- degoose - 397 entries
- Ecocandle - 325 entries
- MsDebbieP - 314 entries
- mafe - 313 entries
- Karson - 305 entries
- Martin Sojka - 296 entries
- William - 258 entries
- shipwright - 254 entries
- robscastle - 241 entries
- Dave Rutan - 231 entries
- Betsy - 228 entries
- stefang - 221 entries
- Stevinmarin - 212 entries
- A Slice of Wood Workshop - 210 entries
- Todd A. Clippinger - 207 entries
- Gary Fixler - 204 entries
- Smitty_Cabinetshop - 195 entries