Well I finally finished the Tablesaw Base, trying to film during rain storms is almost impossible with the ambient noise from the rain hitting the metal roof.. but I waited it out, and am very happy with the outcome.. Here is a look at the final steps of building this base
A short time ago one of my former rocking chair class students’ pass-a-way. His wife called me the other day asking for help disposing of her husband’s shop stuff. This included all his shop equipment and 8/4 hardwood varying species. I have attempted to upload the pictures; I took of these items, onto my web site for ease of exposure. However I am not doing too will with this idea so…..If anyone is interested in some good shop equipment some is brand-new or never used. Lets call it “...
Recently I had a need to build a new table saw base for my saw. Rather than just building a simple replacement base, I opted to build one with lots of storage potential. This new base measures 6 feet long by 2 feet wide, which gave me good reason to move over to the new shop building. I haven’t yet finished the new shop set up ( haven’t even started) but this build is a great start giving me lots of options for storage potential… This build is a 2 part project. So be sure to...
OK, so I haven’t had much progress going on since my last update other than finishing up the glueup of the top. I still need to trim up the ends and get the skirt glued up but this is the end width of the top plus tool tray. Once I finished with that my wonderfully tuned and sharpened #6 arrived from Mauricio which showed me just how lacking and out of shape my current selection of tools were. So I have set upon a side mission of getting the tools I have collected to ...
In this video I show you how to make a simple yet elegant lift lid box. These little boxes can be made with with different woods to give them their own character, and due to the simplicity they can be made in batches.. They make a great gift to give someone. The boxes in the videos are made from Spalted Pecan, White Oak, & Mahogany. Each Box was finished with 2 coats of Danish Oil to bring out the natural beauty and color of the woods. Also in the video I talk about an upcoming project...
When I started this class I knew right away I would have to do a lot of work at home to keep up. Not having a bunch of essential tools slowed me down, but I’m finally getting some work done between classes. I swear there’s a ukulele somewhere in that pile of stuff! Last night I planed the sides down from about 4mm to 2mm. Pretty sloppy, but I’m learning. That was fun… there really is pure joy in a nice plane. (My Wood River V3 #5 is treating me well.) ...
Well this week was a busy week and I didn’t get to make a video project for this past Wednesday. So I thought I would Share this quick project video with you today. For a recent project I needed to make a larger version of an angle gauge to allow me to get the exact angle of an inside corner of a corner shower. After borrowing one from a fellow woodworker, I decided I needed one for the shop. Here is a look at making the simple but very useful over sized angle finder. These are commonly...
I had this moment where it clicked – out of all the stupid hobbies and interests I’ve spread my attention so thin across, the one that really drives me and could be a career is definitely lutherie. I’ve always been into upgrading and repairing my own instruments, and working on friends’ gear. It’s also in my blood: That’s my paternal grandfather’s work. Unfortunately I never got to meet him as he died when my father was young. Still, just knowi...
Well, I bit the bullet and finally installed Sketchup. I am very far from proficient at it but I was able to mock together a rough draft of what I have planned for the base of this bench. Here is the deal. I am active duty military so I know I WILL be moving at some point. With that in mind I have to be mindful of what I build and the fact that I will need to load it into a truck at some point. My second project for my shop was to be a tool cabinet for my various hand tools and such....
More progress on the top today. I finally found a full day off of work to spend a good amount of time in the shop today. The day started out innocent enough. The plan for the day was to knock down and even out the thickness of all the boards making up the top so it will be easier to level once it is assembled. As you can see I was less than accurate when ripping the Oak for the laminated pieces.. I started out just scrubbing away the squeeze out and the high boards. As...
- My Journey As A Creative Designer - Woodworking and Beyond - 1832 parts
- Extremely Average - 324 parts
- Toy costruction - 131 parts
- A journey into the workshop. - 115 parts
- Workshop Development - 107 parts
- Just for Fun... - 98 parts
- Woodworking on a Half-Shoestring - 91 parts
- Shop stuff - 90 parts
- Daily Update - 87 parts
- Life as an Amateur Woodworker - 82 parts
- Sheila Landry (scrollgirl) - 1857 entries
- dbhost - 455 entries
- frank - 417 entries
- degoose - 398 entries
- Ecocandle - 325 entries
- mafe - 325 entries
- MsDebbieP - 314 entries
- Karson - 305 entries
- Martin Sojka - 296 entries
- Dave Rutan - 277 entries
- robscastle - 267 entries
- shipwright - 259 entries
- William - 258 entries
- A Slice of Wood Workshop - 241 entries
- bandit571 - 237 entries
- Betsy - 228 entries
- stefang - 221 entries
- Stevinmarin - 212 entries
- Todd A. Clippinger - 207 entries
- Gary Fixler - 204 entries