Please come by and visit our store front and take advantage of this great offer. We are celebrating the opening of our Business.HardwooddesignzHardwooddesignz Facebook
As promised here is the latest design created this week. Look back each week to see what I will create next.This was drawn up in the morning,cutout, sanded and assembled that evening. The tail was taken from the Dragon’s tail or hinge design. I used google images of the real stegosaurs for my hand drawing. My wife is helping me to promote the Etsy storefront.Thanks to Tim and those who commented on my photos I am now using this dollar tree foam light box we made.I know this ...
Yesterday was one of those crazy/busy days that seemed to be over before it began. It seemed like the every day business tasks (answering emails, filling orders, talking to customers) filled the majority of the time. Before I knew it, it was getting dark and I was running out of steam. I am not at all complaining about this, as I realize it is part of having a business that is successful, but I am afraid it doesn't make for much interesting blog reading for you. So I decided to show...
Yesterday was a busy, yet positive day. Mondays are always busy because we have the trip to the post office, the bank, shopping and the gym. I like getting these things out of the way though and it puts me on a good track for the rest of the week. I was really anxious to get home though, as I couldn't wait to begin cutting out my new designs. Because of all the errands though, I didn't get started until mid afternoon. I decided to do the sleighs using maple for the sleigh be...
Several years ago I saw this ribbon design at segmenting.biz/inlayexample. I started by selecting the body of the design. In this case, padauk, yellow heart, aand hickory for three boards. Then I laminated the “ribbons” Then I cut 2” holes in the boards that make up the body of the design. The problem for a flat boarder(cutting board) was how to create the plugs without a center hole. The first idea was wood turning but this would require a massive square of exotic wood...
Part of a current project that turned out better than expected. Months back I took some padauk scraps and soaked them in lacquer thinner to make a dye, this is the first time I’ve used it. This picture didn’t turn out well but the color is a nice reddish-orange and completely transparent. Scroll down to see a short video.
Hey everyone! the name of the show is called Filthy Riches and we premier April 20th!here is the link so you can see the trailer: Filthy Riches
Yes I did use a pattern gotten out of one of the recent ScrollSaw Magazines. Made 2 copies of overall pattern, one to use as a guide when placing the cut pieces together and keeping them in order, the other to make numerous copies on my home printer to attach to the selected woods by using clear shelf paper with glue on one side found at Home Depot. These then are cut out to match any adjoining piece and placed on my master copy. Once completed with cut outs, creat the different depths you...
Vorpal Sword here
- My Journey As A Scroll Saw Pattern Designer - 1487 parts
- Extremely Average - 324 parts
- Workshop Development - 107 parts
- Just for Fun... - 93 parts
- A journey into the workshop. - 89 parts
- Daily Update - 87 parts
- "Hobbit Holes in MyWorld" --by RusticWoodArt - 77 parts
- As The Lathe Turns - 76 parts
- WoodWriting Haiku Thursday's --by RusticWoodArt - 74 parts
- The Craftsman's Path - 67 parts
- Sheila Landry (scrollgirl) - 1511 entries
- frank - 417 entries
- degoose - 394 entries
- dbhost - 390 entries
- Ecocandle - 325 entries
- MsDebbieP - 314 entries
- Karson - 305 entries
- Martin Sojka - 296 entries
- William - 258 entries
- mafe - 240 entries
- Betsy - 221 entries
- Stevinmarin - 212 entries
- Gary Fixler - 204 entries
- shipwright - 204 entries
- Todd A. Clippinger - 197 entries
- stefang - 186 entries
- Rustic - 186 entries
- Chris Davis - 183 entries
- BritBoxmaker - 177 entries
- PurpLev - 163 entries