OK. Let me start by saying that my shop is a disaster. More like a DIE-saster. You walk in and it’s much like a bad natual disaster, or war zone- and it’s actually gotten dangerous. I’ve lived out of those bucket buddies for years, and quite frankly, I just have never quite been able to get organized. I like to do things with a certain amount of frugality… recycling everything I can and not buying new stuff. If I have it, and can use it, and it works, I’m...
I’ve been working on this wall slat system for a couple days. I only had a couple hours to mess with it today. One of the things that I made was a cam action hanging saw holder. I got tired of storing my saws flat against the wall on a nail. It’s inconvenient if you store more than one per nail, then you end up with saws on the bench that you aren’t using (getting dull every time something bumps into them). I made this hanger to solve that problem in my shop. I know,...
I have redesigned this thing several times, waaay overdesigned it in SketchUp while briefly mad with visions of increasingly elaborate designs in even the most utilitarian of shop storage solutions, and tried to build it 3 times previously, giving up nearly immediately each time when things failed to work out. I’ve switched between construction grade ply and premium baltic birch ply. I’ve failed to account for kerf and cut things undersized, and failed to check ply for square befo...
Increased Efficiency Through Better Organization My shop environment is always shifting and evolving. The goal is to create an efficient space to work in. My shop is not large by business or commercial standards and many hobbyists enjoy a work space as large as mine. But large shop or small, as a business I have to focus on efficiency to make money. A Couple of Problems One of the biggest offenders for this disorderly disaster was storage for sheet goods. The goal is not to bec...
Here was an easy project that I did recently; a battery organizer. I found this plan on the wood magazine website. Here is my attempt at making a video of how I made it, and as always check out my website at: www.woodlogger.com to see more projects and videos of what I’m doing in the shop.
This article was originally posted on the Little Good Pieces blog on Oct 10, 2010. When we left our bin, it was being overrun by a horde of shop cats (well, two anyway). Since that time, I added three dividers placed to give four pockets of varying sizes. The unit was then spackled, primed, and painted (yes, white). The bin, together with its pivot blocks, was worked into position. The gap was a little wider than I wanted, so I added a piece of 1/4” plywood as a shim on the le...
There’s a new post on the Little Good Pieces blog: “Kitchen Organizer”. This details the construction of the third in a series of adjustable organizers for a cabinet. Check it out! http://littlegoodpieces.wordpress.com/2010/11/04/kitchen-organizer/
This article was first posted on the Little Good Pieces blog on September 29, 2010. While I was starting my planning for the toilet cabinet, it occurred to me that I first needed to build an outfeed table for the new tablesaw. As I was shifting gears to start on THAT, my wife reminded me that we needed some way to organize the sauce flavoring packets that were trying to take over the pantry. Sigh The need should be apparent from the above photo. What I envisioned was some sort ...
There’s a new post available on the Little Good Pieces blog – “Sauce Packet Bin – Part 2”. This is the completion of the kitchen organizer project started last week. Check it out! http://littlegoodpieces.wordpress.com/2010/10/10/sauce-packet-bin-part-2/
Here’s how I created a tool organizer for my measuring items. It’s got a place for all of the items I use frequently. Slots in the holding blocks keep multiple tools in each spot. It makes it very easy to find things and a quick way to see if you’re missing something. This is also a location for controlling my compressor. The white power switch remotely turns it on/off. The pressure control valve and water separator are right next to the switch. I used RapidAir for the flexible hose sy...
- My Journey As A Creative Designer - Woodworking and Beyond - 1730 parts
- Extremely Average - 324 parts
- Workshop Development - 107 parts
- A journey into the workshop. - 98 parts
- Just for Fun... - 97 parts
- Daily Update - 87 parts
- Life as an Amateur Woodworker - 78 parts
- "Hobbit Holes in MyWorld" --by RusticWoodArt - 77 parts
- As The Lathe Turns - 76 parts
- WoodWriting Haiku Thursday's --by RusticWoodArt - 74 parts
- Sheila Landry (scrollgirl) - 1755 entries
- frank - 417 entries
- dbhost - 410 entries
- degoose - 397 entries
- Ecocandle - 325 entries
- MsDebbieP - 314 entries
- Karson - 305 entries
- mafe - 303 entries
- Martin Sojka - 296 entries
- William - 258 entries
- shipwright - 238 entries
- Betsy - 228 entries
- stefang - 213 entries
- Stevinmarin - 212 entries
- robscastle - 208 entries
- Todd A. Clippinger - 207 entries
- Dave Rutan - 206 entries
- Gary Fixler - 204 entries
- Smitty_Cabinetshop - 193 entries
- Rustic - 190 entries