Progress….yadahooty! Got the top on, the hole cut, the lift put in and the doors hung…this will be the last post until I put the finish on. I still have to put the second top on, the one that folds out and covers the open top, but I set it on top so you could see how it will look when it’s done…sort of. I still have about 10% left to do…and you know what they say about that… I didn’t run into any real problems except that the entire thing is not e...
Well, I got to help with the move itself which took me out of town for a day, and I didn’t have to stare at the still-drying letters all day! :-) When I got back, they were finally dry enough. So, after a good nap yesterday, to rest these old bones, I started by removing the tape and positioning the words on the sign.There’s still a little stick-um left from the tape on the bottom, and that helps after eyeballing them into place. They don’t slip and slide around. Since the w...
Worked a few random hours the last few days and made pretty good progress. My little brother even got motivated today and whipped out some pretty nice work. We have been working on the tension wheel, headstock, tool rack and hardwood work surface.making of the tension wheel.As in the above pics, the tension wheel is a simple design but should serve the purpose intended (prevent slipping of the drive belt).Headstock. Still have some work to do but the sealed ball bearings and axle are assemble...
Over the past few days, my brother and I have worked more on the workbench portion of the project. We framed out the bottom shelf and framed out the workbench top. We used some scrap 2×4’s to do the framing and some scrap plywood for the surface. Eventually, the plywood work surface will be covered with oak. We are still debating the best way to weld the crank together but I want to make sure everything fits and is functional first. The next step to tackle is the tension wheel, hea...
I checked the newly-red lettering this morning, hoping to move this along but it’s still too tacky, even though it’s been two days. If we had some sun around here, I’d put them on the window sill and let Old Sol do his magic, but no luck. April showers….I even have them under my reading lamp, to try to speed up the process, but it looks like it’ll be ready when it’s ready.So, I turned my attention to the backer board, getting it ready for whenever these dry...
Yadahooty….got some shit done!! I got the doors done and the top, half way. There are really two tops, one will be cut in two pieces and will flip out at right angles to make more work space. I only glued one of them up so far. According to the directions I was supposed to put the doors on already but I decided to wait until I do the top, sometimes the order in which they want you to do things doesn’t make much sense. Next big step is to install the sewing machine lift and cu...
If anybody read this from the beginning, I mentioned that this small sign was going to have an Oval Back. wdkits1 sent me a note inviting me to view his ellipse marking device, and I thank him, and that’s a nice thing, but I’m too lazy to go to that much trouble! Besides, when I was searching for scrap wood to make the lettering I came across theseThey were amongst a bunch of wood scraps that were given to me by Parent’s Neighbors. Finials, I suppose, because there were also...
Well this one is for Karson. Here are some pics of the new router table currently in construction. This picture is just a view from the front. The top consists of 2 pieces of 3/4” MDF glued together sandwiched between a top and bottom layer of black formica. I have not added the solid oak molding around the table top yet, but it’s ready to go. Probably will happen tomorrow, along with the face frame for the cabinet carcass. The top will be a bit over 25” X 36” ...
I didn’t feel much like going to work today, so I took the day off. I did some odd jobs around the house and managed to carve out some time to work on this project. I looked at all of the rough milled wood, didn’t bend or twist a bit. So I played it safe and ran it all across the jointer, through the planer to final thickness and then ripped it to final width. I made some prototype case pieces out of cherry scraps I had, and worked out the flag case size. I built a jig to cut t...
My daughter requested a bed be made. She’s a grad student in Troy NY at RPI. It will be full size. I’ve looked at various beds and found one on LJ’s that has raised panels on it. Since my last project was my first raised panel cabinet I thought I’d extend the same skill to a bed. It will have head and foot boards and is made of red oak. I just picked up enough oak to do the bedposts today, I jointed and cut them to the corrrect dimensions and had enough clamps to glue ...
- My Journey As A Scroll Saw Pattern Designer - 1186 parts
- Extremely Average - 324 parts
- A journey into the workshop. - 87 parts
- Daily Update - 87 parts
- Just for Fun... - 81 parts
- "Hobbit Holes in MyWorld" --by RusticWoodArt - 77 parts
- WoodWriting Haiku Thursday's --by RusticWoodArt - 74 parts
- The Craftsman's Path - 67 parts
- As The Lathe Turns - 67 parts
- Workshop Development - 65 parts
- Sheila Landry (scrollgirl) - 1208 entries
- frank - 417 entries
- degoose - 387 entries
- dbhost - 331 entries
- Ecocandle - 325 entries
- MsDebbieP - 300 entries
- Martin Sojka - 297 entries
- Karson - 293 entries
- William - 249 entries
- Betsy - 221 entries
- Stevinmarin - 212 entries
- Gary Fixler - 204 entries
- mafe - 204 entries
- Todd A. Clippinger - 187 entries
- Chris Davis - 183 entries
- Rustic - 183 entries
- PurpLev - 162 entries
- shipwright - 160 entries
- BritBoxmaker - 159 entries
- scottb - 144 entries