Nine days ago, that funny looking fellow in the picture had just finished sizing up the four sides of a new box out of some old Oak…The joining of the four sides went without event, and was done in his usual manner… Marking, Drilling for Scroll Saw room, and then cutting and fitting…I keep telling him there are easier, more exact ways of doing this, but he will not listen!! What a knot head…When he got those together, he had himself a little sanding party I think he...
here are some photos of my Radiator Cover project i have around 12 to complete and Medecine cabinets in the bathrooms. Now i have the Leigh FMT Pro this M&T work is all so much better . I will start the next one soon and plan to make accurate cut plans first this time as i have been building an cutting as i go and this just creates more expensive firewood. has any one got ideas on how to space the slats it always seems to casue me problems on the layout. The FMT kig is just wonder...
In continuation of a previous post, this is the second and final part of the exterior door project. The Arch The first part starts with a nervous step in the project – the arch cut. Any and all mistakes would be very noticeable and unrepairable, cosmetically anyhow. The only tool I could turn to for this operation was my jigsaw. Arch cut I put on a new blade and clamped on an in-feed board to serve as a reverse backer, a “fronter” of sorts. It work...
I have used the glue and sawdust and made my own fillers. I read about using epoxy and sawdust and gave it shot and this is what I came up with. Enjoy—http://blip.tv/file/3705398
One last post on the camper subject. We did the trip, 2 months, round the country loop visiting some of the major national parks. There is an extensive blog here I know a lot of this is getting away from woodworking. I started the blog so I’ll try and finish it in a few big chunks as some people are still following it. This is the last post for this project Here is a picture of the inside cabinetry. It’s oak with oak trim. It was mostly made from scrap lumber from old kitchen cabinet do...
I bought some goodies yesterday from Rockler. I used the Rockler Gift Card I won from doing the 2009 Fall Build Challenge. the sawdustcronicals.com I bought a combo water stone 1000/6000 ( was reading around and people are saying that this is a good grit to start with, if you can only afford one), and a jig to hold the blades while I give honing a try. I also got a nice Shop Dust Collection Expandable hose and a good system for hooking it up to my machines. Lets face it, looks really ne...
I finally had a day off, so I chopped up the messed up lock-mitered legs by setting the blade right up against the fence at a 45 degree angle. I was able to push the legs through with the help of a featherboard to be as safe as possible. I chopped a bit off each side, but I think the next version will be much better, even if they’re up to 1/2” smaller on each face. I started to run the freshly liberated faces through the table saw to reestablish fresh mitered edges to prepare f...
The Commission A door doesn’t sound like a significant project, until there are other details added like annual outdoor temperature fluctuation of 150° F, 90-100° F temp difference between in/outdoors, and a sporadic humidity level. Approved SketchUp Design One day I received a phone call from a lady who wanted an arched, solid wood door for her daughter’s upcoming new construction this May. Not one to turn down a challenge, I agreed and began a ton of researc...
A few weeks ago, I conducted a consult with a local client in the neighborhood about their damaged credenza cabinet base. They wanted the top repaired or rebuilt, but upon inspection, it turned out that the entire cabinet was beyond saving. The amount of weight on it over the years, including a hutch, took it’s toll. After a few days, I sent them a design to view and they agreed to a new cabinet, one built to withstand far more weight which would be a pseudo-replica. In order to keep it econo...
After blasting out the parts for the new Birdhouse last week on the band saw,The assembly went just as quickly. The parts were taken home, the necessary access hole added, a top post/hanging bracket fashioned, and pilot holes were drilled for the attachment of the slats for the roof.I forgot how much fun building a birdhouse can be!! They’re for the birds, after all, and they will never be overly critical… :)With the assembly finished, it was on to the finishing department… ...
- My Journey As A Scroll Saw Pattern Designer - 1599 parts
- Extremely Average - 324 parts
- Workshop Development - 107 parts
- Just for Fun... - 96 parts
- A journey into the workshop. - 89 parts
- Daily Update - 87 parts
- "Hobbit Holes in MyWorld" --by RusticWoodArt - 77 parts
- As The Lathe Turns - 76 parts
- WoodWriting Haiku Thursday's --by RusticWoodArt - 74 parts
- ScrollSaw Information and Resources - 68 parts
- Sheila Landry (scrollgirl) - 1624 entries
- frank - 417 entries
- degoose - 397 entries
- dbhost - 390 entries
- Ecocandle - 325 entries
- MsDebbieP - 314 entries
- Karson - 305 entries
- Martin Sojka - 296 entries
- mafe - 279 entries
- William - 258 entries
- Betsy - 221 entries
- shipwright - 221 entries
- Stevinmarin - 212 entries
- Gary Fixler - 204 entries
- Todd A. Clippinger - 199 entries
- stefang - 198 entries
- Rustic - 188 entries
- BritBoxmaker - 187 entries
- Chris Davis - 183 entries
- Smitty_Cabinetshop - 176 entries