I’m now working on a couple of desks for a Medical clinic. I’ve been working on this project for about 13 days now. I built this unit out of oak plywood and red oak lumber. I started this project by constructing the the upper portions first. I had to wait to receive my hardware before building the base cabinets. This set of desks is custom for the client, the first desk station on the left is 50” wide than there is (3) 40” wide stations one of the stations is going to ...
Thought I’d share one of my more popular projects with everyone. This is a candle holder that I make quite a few of and still now and again make mistakes as you will see. I hope everyone enjoys this episode—
Time to wrap this one up…I got in a full morning and part of the afternoon’s play today and completed the assembly… almost. Started by pegging the corners of the lid togetherThen the bottom, first up and into the bottom corners, then down through the top halfwayThe clamping on those may look precarious, but is actually very well balanced. I clamp each corner individually that way and lift the whole assembly to where I tap in the pegs.With that done, I finally fill in the exp...
Yesterday I left off with the hinges all but cut out for my latest box…So this morning I was feeling good, feeling strong, ready to tackle the challenges of the new day. I began with the worst cuts to make, the side cuts. To help with this, I taped the two pieces together. These are heavy duty Scroll cuts, and I wanted to have as much heft to the pieces as I could. Being taped also aids in the stability of the things giving them a wider, flatter bottom The first cut went fine. On the se...
Nine days ago, that funny looking fellow in the picture had just finished sizing up the four sides of a new box out of some old Oak…The joining of the four sides went without event, and was done in his usual manner… Marking, Drilling for Scroll Saw room, and then cutting and fitting…I keep telling him there are easier, more exact ways of doing this, but he will not listen!! What a knot head…When he got those together, he had himself a little sanding party I think he...
here are some photos of my Radiator Cover project i have around 12 to complete and Medecine cabinets in the bathrooms. Now i have the Leigh FMT Pro this M&T work is all so much better . I will start the next one soon and plan to make accurate cut plans first this time as i have been building an cutting as i go and this just creates more expensive firewood. has any one got ideas on how to space the slats it always seems to casue me problems on the layout. The FMT kig is just wonder...
In continuation of a previous post, this is the second and final part of the exterior door project. The Arch The first part starts with a nervous step in the project – the arch cut. Any and all mistakes would be very noticeable and unrepairable, cosmetically anyhow. The only tool I could turn to for this operation was my jigsaw. Arch cut I put on a new blade and clamped on an in-feed board to serve as a reverse backer, a “fronter” of sorts. It work...
I have used the glue and sawdust and made my own fillers. I read about using epoxy and sawdust and gave it shot and this is what I came up with. Enjoy—http://blip.tv/file/3705398
One last post on the camper subject. We did the trip, 2 months, round the country loop visiting some of the major national parks. There is an extensive blog here I know a lot of this is getting away from woodworking. I started the blog so I’ll try and finish it in a few big chunks as some people are still following it. This is the last post for this project Here is a picture of the inside cabinetry. It’s oak with oak trim. It was mostly made from scrap lumber from old kitchen cabinet do...
I bought some goodies yesterday from Rockler. I used the Rockler Gift Card I won from doing the 2009 Fall Build Challenge. the sawdustcronicals.com I bought a combo water stone 1000/6000 ( was reading around and people are saying that this is a good grit to start with, if you can only afford one), and a jig to hold the blades while I give honing a try. I also got a nice Shop Dust Collection Expandable hose and a good system for hooking it up to my machines. Lets face it, looks really ne...
- My Journey As A Scroll Saw Pattern Designer - 1542 parts
- Extremely Average - 324 parts
- Workshop Development - 107 parts
- Just for Fun... - 94 parts
- A journey into the workshop. - 89 parts
- Daily Update - 87 parts
- "Hobbit Holes in MyWorld" --by RusticWoodArt - 77 parts
- As The Lathe Turns - 76 parts
- WoodWriting Haiku Thursday's --by RusticWoodArt - 74 parts
- ScrollSaw Information and Resources - 68 parts
- Sheila Landry (scrollgirl) - 1567 entries
- frank - 417 entries
- degoose - 394 entries
- dbhost - 390 entries
- Ecocandle - 325 entries
- MsDebbieP - 314 entries
- Karson - 305 entries
- Martin Sojka - 296 entries
- mafe - 268 entries
- William - 258 entries
- Betsy - 221 entries
- Stevinmarin - 212 entries
- shipwright - 212 entries
- Gary Fixler - 204 entries
- Todd A. Clippinger - 199 entries
- stefang - 188 entries
- Rustic - 186 entries
- Chris Davis - 183 entries
- BritBoxmaker - 181 entries
- Smitty_Cabinetshop - 170 entries