Time to do some glue ups. Took the clamps off of the dry fit. Plan was to start as small as I could, and work my way out from there. Last night, just two clamps, and some Elmers. Center divider got clamped into the front board. Let it sit overnight. Next morning, got a few items done. A router tabel set up to make pencil grooves, start and stop marks and locator marks for the round nosed coce bit. Had those same marks on the oak 2×2…..well they helped at first. One...
Well, last time, I had the four sides about together. Clamped them up into a box like shape As I needed some more layout work done. Had a 2’ x2’ sheet of 1/4” Oak plywood to try to cut into a bottom And, in theory, I could just measure the two directions and mark things out…..in theory yes, in this shop….Nope. Measured three times, laid out the lines, cut leaving the lines….1” off on the front to back measure? Ok, We’ll deal with th...
Ok, maybe today will go a bit better than the last one? Had an Auction to go to Saturday, and refurbbed a couple items I picked up at it. Bench is cleared off, time to do a few dovetails? When last seen, i had these sawn. I picked up a candle the other day, waxed the saw blade, and made a couple more cuts. Then the chisels took over. That chisel came from the set I picked up at Aldis. It is about 5/16-3/8” wide. I’m banging through curly Maple with this chisel....
Ok, started off with a Honey-do project. Tested out the repaired Makita Recipro sawzall, by cutting some MDO down to size. Worked real good. Ok, a little bit got done ON the peoject today, along with quite a lot of cussing….Trying to clamp up four pine boards to make a bottom….got a bit tricky.. I just knew that tool chest lid would come in handy…Got all the clamps tight, and set this thing aside for a day Hiding back in a corner??? Ok, I was going to use my ...
Came home with a nice stack of fancy hardwood planks. Thanks to the people that got them for me. Let them sit around in the Dungeon Shop for awhile, until I got tired of not being able to use my bench. Starting to cut down a candidate for a slant top….whatever.Was a bit curly grain, and a few knots. Worked it flatter with a small jointer/fore plane That big old No. 6c was a bit too long, so a Millers Falls Junior Jack took over. was having a bit of trouble with the grain ...
Today I’m talking about restoring a rising top trestle coffee table, drawing bows, what I like about Bessey K-body clamps, and the Virginia Artisan Trails. View on YouTube
The goal is to get a finish similar to this from groovyman6. Sample boads are rift sawn white oak, first dyed with Transtint Brown Mahogany, either at 1 to 32 dilution (two thinner bands) or at 1 to 15 (three thicker bands): (photo taken in the shade) After the dye dried, I lightly sanded the darker bands with either grit 600 (the top one) or 220 (the bottom one), then applied Minwax Tung Oil Finish per instructions and then, next day, one board was stained with Minwax Mahogany Gel S...
It’s been a good spring so far, I took on a project for my local parish church to replace all the old beat-up missal racks behind the pews that have been falling apart after 85 years of use. Over the years, the bottoms were falling out and many of the nice decorative oval head screws had been replaced with an odd assortment of flat head and round head screws of various finishes. I believe most of the damage occurred after the parish went to the larger missals with larger easy to read print ...
Warning: pic heavy Just posting a bunch of progress. Leg vise continued. Cutting the bridal joint. Lignum vitae pin for the guide. This stuff strong. Trying to incorporate this as a pin holder but haven’t come across an idea that I can pull off with what I have on hand. So it’s on the back burner for now. Hammered a poplar dowel and drilled a center so I could bore it with a forstner. Didn’t work out so well. Stuck a roll pin...
Over view of a Revonoc 28” Restoration. Got it a rummage sale for $20. probably paid to much, but i never saw a other one like that before.So step 1 : removing all part. Be-ward of dead bugs !!! As seen it was in rough shape. Most all those get wrap all possible way, which make them unusable. It’s very important to square them out before any think. Now a plane that size is almost impossible to sand for the normal man like me. The only way is that I personally can u...
- My Journey As A Scroll Saw Pattern Designer - 1611 parts
- Extremely Average - 324 parts
- Workshop Development - 107 parts
- Just for Fun... - 96 parts
- A journey into the workshop. - 89 parts
- Daily Update - 87 parts
- "Hobbit Holes in MyWorld" --by RusticWoodArt - 77 parts
- As The Lathe Turns - 76 parts
- WoodWriting Haiku Thursday's --by RusticWoodArt - 74 parts
- ScrollSaw Information and Resources - 68 parts
- Sheila Landry (scrollgirl) - 1636 entries
- frank - 417 entries
- degoose - 397 entries
- dbhost - 390 entries
- Ecocandle - 325 entries
- MsDebbieP - 314 entries
- Karson - 305 entries
- Martin Sojka - 296 entries
- mafe - 279 entries
- William - 258 entries
- shipwright - 222 entries
- Betsy - 221 entries
- Stevinmarin - 212 entries
- Gary Fixler - 204 entries
- Todd A. Clippinger - 199 entries
- stefang - 198 entries
- Rustic - 188 entries
- BritBoxmaker - 187 entries
- Chris Davis - 183 entries
- robscastle - 180 entries