HelloThought if there is interest I’d start a blog about selling projects on eBay. RegardsDAN
Maybe “LOVE” is a strong word. But I’m really excited about the final version of the show, and I think most people will feel the same way. Forget about everything we experimented with before. This is all new. It’s been over a year in development, and And I’d like to think it is a pretty unique format! Here’s how it works… The show is designed to have the feel of a single camera “reality” type show. It is meant to be a glimpse into our workshop as if you were just stopping in...
It didnt turn out well, still licking my wounds. Here is briefly what happened… Made a new jigAfter one test screw, I successfuly made one that had reasonable little chipping, I was happy with it.I actually cut the hub off a reject screw and reused it on this one. Tapped the leg Tried the screw, but it binds up after a little bit. I kept tapping the threads deeper and deeper hoping it would fit but it wasn’t the diameter of the hole, it was the thread pitch, and since the...
Hello Friends, I’m long overdue for an update so there are a lot of pictures. I’ve made quite a bit of progress but the ending is not so happy I’m afraid, after reassembling the parts last night I discovered an error I will have to fix. The great thing about woodworking is that almost anything is fixable, it’s just frustrating. You’ll see what I mean at the end. As usual, I’ll let the pictures do most of the explaining: Cut the shoulders on the angled te...
The other day I found that no matter how safe you try to be accidents do happen. Case in point, jointing a piece of oak using two push blocks to run the board through, the board exploded the blocks flew away and my left hand went into the blades. I amputated the top of my ring and middle finger and part of my index finger. It could have been worse. I am on blood thinners so this posed a whole bunch of complications.So I am stressing my fellow jocks, if you are not comfortable with a ce...
In this episode we unveil our shop-made bench top biscuit joining machine designed for fast, accurate glue-ups… and we begin the “Ultimate Tool Cabinet Build”. Plus, Stumpy gives you a list of things to do with your Sundays now that football season is over… Here’s some screen shots of the sketchup drawing for the machine. The most difficult part about the build was the mount for the joiner. It took a lot of work to get the design just right. If it’s no...
Hey everyone, It was suggested that I start a discussion on how to find and harvest burls. Please give your input also. I don’t deal with straight grain that often. I cut and sell burls for a living so here is what I know. It is illegal to harvest a burl without permission. of course if it is on your own property you can give yourself permission. What I do is put an ad on Craig’s list saying I want your burls. Most people don’t know what burls are. So you don’t get that many calls....
OK. Going to start a new blog here. As some of you may know, a few years ago I built a very extensive cabinet / router table / Infeed Table / Outfeed Table for my Sawstop contractor’s saw. The blog is located here: Sawstop Cabinet Blog And the completed project is located here: Sawstop and Router Cabinet / Infeed Table / Outfeed Table Project As opposed to Tedth66’s cabinet for which he built a retractable, self-supporting outfeed table, I built one with a support le...
I have a love affair with wooden hinges and this challenge gave me the opportunity to go one step further with them. (It started some years ago when I came across the work of the late Tim Stead – in my opinion, a genius.) Accurately drilling the hinge pin hole in such a hinge is never easy, and those I planned for this box are 9.5” long and therefore impossible to drill. The following is an attempt to show how I overcame this bit of the challenge. The first shot shows the oak blan...
Hello again friends. Ok I know this bench build has been a little anticlimactic because you have seen the bench put together a million times. But this should be my final post on this bench build… maybe… I got the finish applied, added leather to the vices, and put a hand wheel on the wagon vise. After testing out the finish on scraps I decided to go with 1-1-1 (MS, Poly, BLO) on most of the bench. I sanded it into the top with 220 grit sandpaper to fill the pores some. J...
- My Journey As A Creative Designer - Woodworking and Beyond - 1828 parts
- Extremely Average - 324 parts
- Toy costruction - 131 parts
- A journey into the workshop. - 115 parts
- Workshop Development - 107 parts
- Just for Fun... - 98 parts
- Woodworking on a Half-Shoestring - 91 parts
- Daily Update - 87 parts
- Shop stuff - 85 parts
- Life as an Amateur Woodworker - 82 parts
- Sheila Landry (scrollgirl) - 1853 entries
- dbhost - 452 entries
- frank - 417 entries
- degoose - 398 entries
- Ecocandle - 325 entries
- mafe - 325 entries
- MsDebbieP - 314 entries
- Karson - 305 entries
- Martin Sojka - 296 entries
- Dave Rutan - 275 entries
- robscastle - 263 entries
- William - 258 entries
- shipwright - 258 entries
- A Slice of Wood Workshop - 233 entries
- bandit571 - 229 entries
- Betsy - 228 entries
- stefang - 221 entries
- Stevinmarin - 212 entries
- Todd A. Clippinger - 207 entries
- Gary Fixler - 204 entries