Hi guys ,, I had a request to make a tutorial with regards the endgrain Tumbling Block Design.First off,.., You need to decide the size of the blocks…. for this example I used 1” stock… Or something similar.. actually just over .. once dressed. Set the blade of the table saw to 60 degrees.. a bevel box makes this simpleI use the INCRA fence system so it is easy to rip bevels off side of the blade.Once the bevels are ripped measure the length of the bevel and move the f...
Next step is to make the ends of the segments curved. Shell-like if you want.For that we need a new jig.. Yeah I know some of you haven’t finished the first one..!This is ultra simple.Firstly a fresh piece of ply .. 1/4 ” is fine.I inserted a bearing to make this more durable .. same same as last one.This was positioned 4.5 ” from the end[centred on the width] and an arc cut on the end via the circle cutting jig.. same same.Cut two fences same as the one of the first jig ...
This board is not part of the 150.. I showed one of the 150 to a friend and she wanted one but a little larger,This is the way it was made.Cut some bits of board. NGR SA TBDress all sides.This is to see the way it will look with the stripe. Cut all pieces to 250 mm.Join the NGR and edge with TB on one and SA for the other.Glue a sacrificial board to the SA prior to cutting the arcs.This is the arc cutting jig.. a slight variation on the patron jigSet the stop with a nail… high tech I kn...
Just a quick peak at what I got up to today when I was not checking the hundreds of emails from all the LJs who commented on my last few posts.. Thank you very much.. I did not realize how much of my daily routine now revolves around this site.. Addictive…I also had time to drive the twenty odd miles into the big smoke..Brisbane and go shopping at Carba-tec..I know I have all the fun..A coupla new router bits..some very expensive toggle clamps [for a new jig to make the sunburst design...
I started off with a rough sawn board of New Guinea Rosewood.. Ripped and dressed to size …5 inches by 3/4 inch…Cut the mitres on the sides on the Incra Mitre Express and then cut a groove top and bottom … the top got a bookmatched panel of ugly NGR with a fine stripe of Silver Ash down the middle.. the base was some really fine plywood…lolThis shot shows the box glued together and with the sliding dovetail spline slots cut… used the Kehoe Jig .. you can see my ...
Well I have been busy with a new project that was commissioned a few years ago… I have been putting it off because of the sheer immensity of the project…even though it is small in size the amount of production work is daunting… The new project is a 35 drawer Apothecary Cabinet... I am thinking that the main carcass will be New Guinea Rosewood.. as will the drawer fronts…. the sides and backs of the drawers will be Hoop Pine.... To give you and idea I have taken...
Seems you all post when you find a good bit of stick.I bought a stack of New Guinea Rosewood, and when I dressed a bit of it this is what I found.
As you all know trying to flatten a large endgrain butcher block can be a little tricky.I use a 16 – 32 drum sander and it is fine for small blocks but this bugger was large and heavy [2 1/2 ” thick]. BTW Purple Heart and New Guinea RosewoodUsing the new surfacer head on the router on the the new wee beastie made flattening this block a breeze.The depth of cut is set and the fore and aft axis is locked while allowing movement sideways. Starting at the front of the block a small p...
Got a bit of time in the workshop for ME today, making an endtable for the sofa in the family room… this is where Deb does her crocheting and needed two things… a table for her cuppa.. and a drawer to hide her wool and things away from the puppies… The other day we found a really nice woven basket… so begins the build of a cabinet to house the basket.. The top is two pieces of Narra [New Guinea Rosewood] glued up… The main carcass is also made from Narra...
While I was being industrious over the weekend… got around to sanding the finger joints of a few of the drawers on the Apothecary Cabinet…Lots of fun… Actually had to sand all six sides of each drawer… got 8 done so far and a few from a while ago… just over 20 to go… yahoo… I think that they will look fabulous… hope I get them finished this year LOL
- My Journey As A Creative Designer - Woodworking and Beyond - 1742 parts
- Extremely Average - 324 parts
- Workshop Development - 107 parts
- A journey into the workshop. - 105 parts
- Just for Fun... - 97 parts
- Daily Update - 87 parts
- Life as an Amateur Woodworker - 79 parts
- "Hobbit Holes in MyWorld" --by RusticWoodArt - 77 parts
- As The Lathe Turns - 76 parts
- WoodWriting Haiku Thursday's --by RusticWoodArt - 74 parts
- Sheila Landry (scrollgirl) - 1767 entries
- dbhost - 418 entries
- frank - 417 entries
- degoose - 397 entries
- Ecocandle - 325 entries
- MsDebbieP - 314 entries
- Karson - 305 entries
- mafe - 304 entries
- Martin Sojka - 296 entries
- William - 258 entries
- shipwright - 245 entries
- Betsy - 228 entries
- stefang - 220 entries
- robscastle - 218 entries
- Dave Rutan - 213 entries
- Stevinmarin - 212 entries
- Todd A. Clippinger - 207 entries
- Gary Fixler - 204 entries
- Smitty_Cabinetshop - 193 entries
- A Slice of Wood Workshop - 190 entries