I have three commissions on the books… this week I went down and picked up the rough sawn boards of New Guinea Rosewood that I needed to make … a large bookcase, a smaller bookcase for DVD and CD… and a tallboy [chest of drawers]. I purchased 60 lengths 2.1 metres long…[7 ft] which when dressed down, will measure 125 by 25 mm [1 by 5 inch..] For all the box/toy makers out there… I will have small peices that could be useful to you… so gi...
Bit of a bugger getting all these pieces in place, clamping and making sure it is all square… Half way there… Why you need lots of clamps…and this is really only a small glue up… A close up of the grate… note there are a few gaps… hey this was a first for me…
Got a bit of time in the workshop for ME today, making an endtable for the sofa in the family room… this is where Deb does her crocheting and needed two things… a table for her cuppa.. and a drawer to hide her wool and things away from the puppies… The other day we found a really nice woven basket… so begins the build of a cabinet to house the basket.. The top is two pieces of Narra [New Guinea Rosewood] glued up… The main carcass is also made from Narra...
While I was being industrious over the weekend… got around to sanding the finger joints of a few of the drawers on the Apothecary Cabinet…Lots of fun… Actually had to sand all six sides of each drawer… got 8 done so far and a few from a while ago… just over 20 to go… yahoo… I think that they will look fabulous… hope I get them finished this year LOL
Coming down the home straight with these doors. Here is a quick shot of the set up for the slot cutting on the old router table.. Finished the rebates on the panels… back 4 mm and the front 7 mm Using the Incra Fence and the Woodpecker Unilift made it easy to switch from one height to another … Moved the blade on the TS to 45 degrees and positioned the fence for the bevel cuts on the front of the panels.. A Wixey Digital Ange Guide is very useful here.. A...
Well I have been busy with a new project that was commissioned a few years ago… I have been putting it off because of the sheer immensity of the project…even though it is small in size the amount of production work is daunting… The new project is a 35 drawer Apothecary Cabinet... I am thinking that the main carcass will be New Guinea Rosewood.. as will the drawer fronts…. the sides and backs of the drawers will be Hoop Pine.... To give you and idea I have taken...
I started off with a rough sawn board of New Guinea Rosewood.. Ripped and dressed to size …5 inches by 3/4 inch…Cut the mitres on the sides on the Incra Mitre Express and then cut a groove top and bottom … the top got a bookmatched panel of ugly NGR with a fine stripe of Silver Ash down the middle.. the base was some really fine plywood…lolThis shot shows the box glued together and with the sliding dovetail spline slots cut… used the Kehoe Jig .. you can see my ...
This board is not part of the 150.. I showed one of the 150 to a friend and she wanted one but a little larger,This is the way it was made.Cut some bits of board. NGR SA TBDress all sides.This is to see the way it will look with the stripe. Cut all pieces to 250 mm.Join the NGR and edge with TB on one and SA for the other.Glue a sacrificial board to the SA prior to cutting the arcs.This is the arc cutting jig.. a slight variation on the patron jigSet the stop with a nail… high tech I kn...
Hi guys ,, I had a request to make a tutorial with regards the endgrain Tumbling Block Design.First off,.., You need to decide the size of the blocks…. for this example I used 1” stock… Or something similar.. actually just over .. once dressed. Set the blade of the table saw to 60 degrees.. a bevel box makes this simpleI use the INCRA fence system so it is easy to rip bevels off side of the blade.Once the bevels are ripped measure the length of the bevel and move the f...
As you all know trying to flatten a large endgrain butcher block can be a little tricky.I use a 16 – 32 drum sander and it is fine for small blocks but this bugger was large and heavy [2 1/2 ” thick]. BTW Purple Heart and New Guinea RosewoodUsing the new surfacer head on the router on the the new wee beastie made flattening this block a breeze.The depth of cut is set and the fore and aft axis is locked while allowing movement sideways. Starting at the front of the block a small p...
- My Journey As A Creative Designer - Woodworking and Beyond - 1815 parts
- Extremely Average - 324 parts
- Toy costruction - 130 parts
- A journey into the workshop. - 115 parts
- Workshop Development - 107 parts
- Just for Fun... - 98 parts
- Woodworking on a Half-Shoestring - 91 parts
- Daily Update - 87 parts
- Life as an Amateur Woodworker - 82 parts
- "Hobbit Holes in MyWorld" --by RusticWoodArt - 77 parts
- Sheila Landry (scrollgirl) - 1840 entries
- dbhost - 448 entries
- frank - 417 entries
- degoose - 397 entries
- Ecocandle - 325 entries
- mafe - 322 entries
- MsDebbieP - 314 entries
- Karson - 305 entries
- Martin Sojka - 296 entries
- Dave Rutan - 265 entries
- William - 258 entries
- shipwright - 254 entries
- robscastle - 253 entries
- Betsy - 228 entries
- A Slice of Wood Workshop - 222 entries
- stefang - 221 entries
- bandit571 - 213 entries
- Stevinmarin - 212 entries
- Todd A. Clippinger - 207 entries
- Gary Fixler - 204 entries