After the glue up I moved on to sanding and finishing tasks. The details are covered in my latest blog post along with pictures of the finished product. Take a look and let me know what you think. Thanks for reading!
I moved on to milling and installing the string inlay on the table before gluing it up and readying it for finish. Take a look at the latest post on my blog for the details. Thanks for reading!
With the tapered legs complete, I moved on to the arched aprons. There’s a slight complication in making these so that the legs will ultimately splay out by 2 degrees. I cover all of the details in this post on my blog. Thanks for reading!
With the rough stock for this table acclimated to my shop for a week or so, I started this project as I usually do, by viewing all of the stock and marking out all of the components for best grain use, etc. The first order of business was to make the tapered and splayed legs from 8/4 stock. The details along with pictures are in the latest post at my blog. Thanks for reading!
Deviating from more traditional pieces, I was asked to design and build a table with more modern styling. I started the design process by evaluating the constraints and developing some ideas in my sketchbook before moving on to a more refined design in SKetchup. You can take a look at the latest post on my blog for more details. Thanks for reading!
- My Journey As A Creative Designer - Woodworking and Beyond - 1823 parts
- Extremely Average - 324 parts
- Toy costruction - 131 parts
- A journey into the workshop. - 115 parts
- Workshop Development - 107 parts
- Just for Fun... - 98 parts
- Woodworking on a Half-Shoestring - 91 parts
- Daily Update - 87 parts
- Life as an Amateur Woodworker - 82 parts
- Shop stuff - 80 parts
- Sheila Landry (scrollgirl) - 1848 entries
- dbhost - 449 entries
- frank - 417 entries
- degoose - 397 entries
- Ecocandle - 325 entries
- mafe - 324 entries
- MsDebbieP - 314 entries
- Karson - 305 entries
- Martin Sojka - 296 entries
- Dave Rutan - 272 entries
- William - 258 entries
- robscastle - 256 entries
- shipwright - 255 entries
- Betsy - 228 entries
- A Slice of Wood Workshop - 226 entries
- bandit571 - 224 entries
- stefang - 221 entries
- Stevinmarin - 212 entries
- Todd A. Clippinger - 207 entries
- Gary Fixler - 204 entries