I recently came back from spending a couple months in Kansas for work. On one of my weekend trips to an antique store, I found this lonely, broken miter saw tucked in a dark corner. You can see the broke handle, but you can’t see the horrendous rust on the back side. For $10, I decided to give it a new home. Of course, if the saw knew what I was planning to do to it, it might not have agreed to follow me out of the store. Since I already have a Disston miter very similar to t...
Moulding the stock Following up from the video film on the strength of these mitres. These are the steps I took to make this picture-frame moulded and inlaid stock and the frame itself. It’s dead straight forward using a pair of wooden T&G planes, a moulding plane, a tenon saw and a plane. You can make a simple shooting board with stop screwed to a board at 45-degrees or a proper one with removable stops. I took about 45 minutes to make it. Mould the stock with the moulding plane. I...
Well…on my last blog I posted the pic of my box, and that was after I finished it up today…I used an alcohol based stain on the lid that I make up myself, left the base unstained and then gave it a coat of wax…I used car wax on this one…mainly because I have it, and also because my van is in such a state that I’m sure the wax would never do it any good. Today started off with “What am I gonna do today?”....I have several things that I want to do, b...
Last year I bought a half kitchen with the idea that I would add the cabinets to my workshop and give it an upgraded feel. (Right now everything is gray melamine which I got from an office that was being torn down.) When my wife saw that I was going to use the cabinets in my shop she immediately said they are too nice to get beat up in the shop. Too nice is a relative term. Let’s take a look. Here is an example of one of the cabinets. Here it is from different angle. Th...
Today, I bit the bullet and tried out my 45 degree lock-miter bit to make the four-sided quarter-sawn white oak 4” x 4” legs. I outsmarted myself by trimming the edges at 45 degrees. Unbeknownst to me, the router bit needs all the meat it can grab to make the “tongues”. As a result, I have very little “lock” in my lock-miter. I have just enough to register the corner, but I’ve lost about half of my glue surface. Sigh… The good news is that...
- My Journey As A Scroll Saw Pattern Designer - 1563 parts
- Extremely Average - 324 parts
- Workshop Development - 107 parts
- Just for Fun... - 96 parts
- A journey into the workshop. - 89 parts
- Daily Update - 87 parts
- "Hobbit Holes in MyWorld" --by RusticWoodArt - 77 parts
- As The Lathe Turns - 76 parts
- WoodWriting Haiku Thursday's --by RusticWoodArt - 74 parts
- ScrollSaw Information and Resources - 68 parts
- Sheila Landry (scrollgirl) - 1588 entries
- frank - 417 entries
- degoose - 395 entries
- dbhost - 390 entries
- Ecocandle - 325 entries
- MsDebbieP - 314 entries
- Karson - 305 entries
- Martin Sojka - 296 entries
- mafe - 276 entries
- William - 258 entries
- Betsy - 221 entries
- Stevinmarin - 212 entries
- shipwright - 212 entries
- Gary Fixler - 204 entries
- Todd A. Clippinger - 199 entries
- stefang - 188 entries
- Rustic - 188 entries
- Chris Davis - 183 entries
- BritBoxmaker - 181 entries
- Smitty_Cabinetshop - 175 entries