Shop Upgrades It’s been a month and a half since moving into the new shop and I’ve had a little time to complete a few upgrades. First is a mitre saw station. There’s 6’ on the left and unlimited room on the right if you want to go out the door. It’s made from three cabinets with four drawers in each cabinet all made with ¾” shop grade maple plywood. It’s trimmed with hard maple and the drawer fronts are poplar. Some of the plywood in the carcass had nice birdseye so it’s finished wit...
The build of the virtual pinball machine is coming right around. The lower part of the machine is mostly done with the exception of some button and ventilation holes will need to be added. Here are some pictures of the assembly… The hardest part of this cabinet for me was the miter cuts where the sides meet the front. I did it this way for aesthetic purposes since the cabinet would have no trim I don’t want to see the plywood edges. Here is a picture of the final...
I am working on a reception desk for a local business. Using birch plywood with birch trim. Had everything done over one weekend except for the finish. I like to cut dados first with the router on a festool track and then cut into separate pieces the design features a built in monitor in the top. the easiest way I found to do that was to build around the monitor. 2 small dowels hold the monitor at the right angle. I had to assemble this outside because it is a li...
I’ll take you through the steps I used to build my router guide for my wood lathe. It is essentially a box with adjustable sides and top which has a slot to guide the router bushing. It is made from 5/8” plywood, clear Lexan, Steel and aluminum.I started with a 11.5×11.5 bottom and cut rabbets on both sides on the table saw and made a cut out for the tail stock. The sides were glued in place held square by a couple scrap blocks. They had T nuts installed for the adjustment ...
As evidenced in my first post in this series, I have a severe lack of organization in my garage/shop. Two weekends ago I threw up some shelves with my ‘chop saw’ (that’s for you Don) so we could get my soon-to-be wife’s side of the garage organized. That was a quick and easy project, and we (mostly she) got that part of the garage in tiptop shape. Well last weekend she wanted me to start cleaning my side (two thirds) of the garage. We’re getting married in Se...
Today I finished my miter saw station upgrade for now. I added a hood around the saw and ran dust collection hoses for the saw and the OSS sander. Dust Shroud T fitting with blast gate for the saw. The blast gate mounts up underneath the drop down bench and then it extends to the edge of the bench so I can access it from the front The tee branches off throught the bench and to the sander. This is a bad picture but you can see at the top is the dust collector ...
Finally got started on Norms Miter Bench and Storage. I had previously rough cut the base components so thankfully I didn’t have to break down six sheets of 3/4 ply. I started with the rabbits and the dado’s on all of the pannels. Note, the rabbits (when called for) go on the back not the front of the panel, most important on the right cabinet (scratch one panel). Then used a template to cut the notches and hole in the back for dust collection (scratch the same panel the second t...
Along with Woodworking, I enjoy a new hobby, Screen Printing T-shirts. I started a New Foundation for woodworkers Across the globe to unite and connect. And I am starting to print T-shirts for the UFOWW and found a need for a screen printing press. So here is a look at that build Also I had a short follow up on some notes about the press and why im posting a day early..
Episode 80 Entertainment Center Part 1 from kostas workshop on Vimeo.In this episode I start working on my saw dust chronicles build challenge entry. I start working on the panels that are going to be used for the sides and the top and bottom. After I cut all the parts to size I glue up the boards to make panels.
My version of Ron McIntire’s segmented pen. This just happens to be the way I do it… that best fits how I think through the process. I’m sure there are many other variables in getting the same end. First of all I make a checkerboard blank. The one in this Tutorial is Paduak and Maple. (It works best with contrasting colors). The next step is to cut the sections in equal sizes. I made a ‘zero tolerance’ jig for my miter saw that helps me cut all the sections. In order...
- My Journey As A Creative Designer - Woodworking and Beyond - 1794 parts
- Extremely Average - 324 parts
- Toy costruction - 116 parts
- A journey into the workshop. - 110 parts
- Workshop Development - 107 parts
- Just for Fun... - 98 parts
- Daily Update - 87 parts
- Woodworking on a Half-Shoestring - 82 parts
- Life as an Amateur Woodworker - 81 parts
- "Hobbit Holes in MyWorld" --by RusticWoodArt - 77 parts
- Sheila Landry (scrollgirl) - 1819 entries
- dbhost - 436 entries
- frank - 417 entries
- degoose - 397 entries
- Ecocandle - 325 entries
- MsDebbieP - 314 entries
- mafe - 313 entries
- Karson - 305 entries
- Martin Sojka - 296 entries
- William - 258 entries
- shipwright - 254 entries
- robscastle - 242 entries
- Dave Rutan - 231 entries
- Betsy - 228 entries
- stefang - 221 entries
- Stevinmarin - 212 entries
- A Slice of Wood Workshop - 211 entries
- Todd A. Clippinger - 207 entries
- Gary Fixler - 204 entries
- Smitty_Cabinetshop - 195 entries