Well I got sidetracked restoring the Jet sander but did spend time on this while working on that in between waiting for parts. I cut out the circle for the saw swivel clearance like six times. There was really no good way to measure it and get it right the first time because like I said with the blade guard, handle, and motor, the cutout is closer to half a teardrop then a circle. So I’d put the hood in place, put the saw in place, and see where it bound or was too close and cut it bigg...
This Week I show you how to make a folding out feed table for your table saw. This design was based after an article and plan found in a 2009 issue of Woodworker’s Journal Magazine. Originally the plan was designed for a Cabinet saw with a Biesemeyer Fence System, so I had to make some slight modifications for my Porter Cable Saw. In this 3 part video series I show you a step by step on building this project as well as talk about the modifications I had to make. The Article and plans ca...
Well, I didn’t get to spend as much time over the 4 day Thanksgiving Holiday weekend as I wanted to working on this but I made some progress. I was actually hoping to have it done but not having the time and having to determine and make the template to do the cutout for the saw swivel clearance took a while. The cutout is not a continuous arc of the same radius because you need clearance for the guard here, the handle there and then the motor. And determining where to put the outlet was...
Slap some french cleats on it, hang it on the wall, and HOLA !!! Instant miter saw workstation. These were supposed to be storage cubbies for the kids toys with an integrated desktop spanning the 2 cabinets. I went overboard on the design, my wife simpy wanted boxes. Oh well ….. All 1/2’ big box birch plywood. No finish yet. I put it to work immediatly. Plenty of storage for hand power tools and stuff. Always have a backup plan. Enjoy… http://i955.photobucke...
I shot a video of it in operation in High Definition Video and Stereo (really!) the link is below. I thought I’d show two last pictures of it as installed. The first showing the clearance cutout in the top allowing the saw to swivel (the clearance looks larger then it is due to the angle the shot was taken at, it’s just over a 1/4 inch), and by request a picture showing the connection to the cyclone duct. The swivel clearance. Its connection. Last but not least… ...
Three coats of poly on the areas that could be accessed in this position, flip it over and three on the areas remaining and the next blog entry should be of it in place, connected, and ready to go.
Hey LJ! So a few weeks back I posted some mid-project photoes of how my bandsaw build was going and although it is not entirley finished and still needs little extras like a coat of paint, a stand and a fence I can now show you the fully working and (built bandsaw). Heres a quick video showing the build process… Enjoy! Its been a great project and I hope to soon post another video showing it in all of it glory.
I just finished setting up a cool new Miter Saw Bench in my new shop. The bench is about 90% complete. I still need to make a few drawers for it but other than that it’s finished. The bench is set up for my Bosch Glide Saw. I’ve built two adjustable fences to either side of the saw using the Kreg Precision Trak & Stop System. I also installed some T-Track in the tops so I can adjust the fences from front to back. The saw can be moved front to back as well when I nee...
Shop Upgrades It’s been a month and a half since moving into the new shop and I’ve had a little time to complete a few upgrades. First is a mitre saw station. There’s 6’ on the left and unlimited room on the right if you want to go out the door. It’s made from three cabinets with four drawers in each cabinet all made with ¾” shop grade maple plywood. It’s trimmed with hard maple and the drawer fronts are poplar. Some of the plywood in the carcass had nice birdseye so it’s finished wit...
When I pulled this off of my cabinet, I did not expect so many would like to build these. Well, I took one apart so that we could make some notes – and then detail construction. Below: The marshmallow catapult in it’s finished form. As you can see below, the catapult concists of only 6 wooden parts & some miscellaneous hardware, all easy to build with handtools if need be. When we did this project with the scouts, we put it together as a kit that they could sand ...
- My Journey As A Scroll Saw Pattern Designer - 1541 parts
- Extremely Average - 324 parts
- Workshop Development - 107 parts
- Just for Fun... - 94 parts
- A journey into the workshop. - 89 parts
- Daily Update - 87 parts
- "Hobbit Holes in MyWorld" --by RusticWoodArt - 77 parts
- As The Lathe Turns - 76 parts
- WoodWriting Haiku Thursday's --by RusticWoodArt - 74 parts
- ScrollSaw Information and Resources - 68 parts
- Sheila Landry (scrollgirl) - 1566 entries
- frank - 417 entries
- degoose - 394 entries
- dbhost - 390 entries
- Ecocandle - 325 entries
- MsDebbieP - 314 entries
- Karson - 305 entries
- Martin Sojka - 296 entries
- mafe - 268 entries
- William - 258 entries
- Betsy - 221 entries
- Stevinmarin - 212 entries
- shipwright - 212 entries
- Gary Fixler - 204 entries
- Todd A. Clippinger - 199 entries
- stefang - 188 entries
- Rustic - 186 entries
- Chris Davis - 183 entries
- BritBoxmaker - 181 entries
- Smitty_Cabinetshop - 170 entries