It has been a while since I updated my tool blog and it is high time I did. There have been a few new aquisitions here at the Framer household that I need to share with you guys. First up is an Ebay find. I am in the need for a good backsaw for some tenon cuts on my workbench build. I searched all the newer brands and some of the cheaper selections and they were either WAY out of my price range or just looked cheap and I already have a cheap one so no thanks. Off to the bay I went an...
When the table was last worked on, I had two sides in the clamps No, that isn’t a glue squeeze out running down the apron’s side, turns out it is a Powder post Beetle track. Sans Beetle, of course. I dry fitted the rest of the parts and laid out for some corner blocks. Gave me a chance to try out my new Miter box An Atkins 11 point panel saw. Got the four blocks cut, and some holes drilled. Needed a counter sink the set the screws in I chucked this one in the dri...
This Week I show you how to make a folding out feed table for your table saw. This design was based after an article and plan found in a 2009 issue of Woodworker’s Journal Magazine. Originally the plan was designed for a Cabinet saw with a Biesemeyer Fence System, so I had to make some slight modifications for my Porter Cable Saw. In this 3 part video series I show you a step by step on building this project as well as talk about the modifications I had to make. The Article and plans ca...
Taking final measurements before cutting the axles Fitting the trunk in the back. Axles cut and fitted. The bed surround is not that heavy, two people can lift and move it. front view. We started to make the front seat. The next set of pictured will be the finished project. .
When I last left you guys I had mentioned that I had “few” tools incoming from fleabay and elsewhere. Well they have been slowly trickling in all week and aside from a couple still outstanding I have the makings of what I am considering my student set of tools. I won’t bore you too much with the details and just get on with the pics and inventory listings.. First up are my hand planes so far. Most if not all of them require either just some sharpening or a complete ...
Ron sanding the frame. Bill jumped in to help sand the frame.The frame has 1/2” round over inside and out except for where the axles go.More sanding.And… more sanding.And… more sanding. I hate sanding. A dry fit to see how it all looks together.We already sent the wheels to the painters shop.Wish we had the wheels here.The axles have a 1/16” gap all the way around the support to allow for expansion and contraction.It’s late Saturday night and there in one more ...
Well, she is almost finished. The back is on and there are just minor details left. I was pleased with how the back turned out. I was wanting it to contrast with the rest. My daughter didn’t really want this, but once it was on, she really liked it. Thanks for looking everyone. The next time I post on this, it will be a finished project.
I have used Google SketchUp (free version) for the last few years and have found it to be excellent for designing projects like this. All my crates are designed and costed based on these types of drawings.For this project I tried something new in the design…I added the bolts I will use to put it all together. The picture of the bolts was done by hiding the rest of the crate…it took about 5 seconds to hide the other components. The finished crate will be 11 feet high, 11 feet dee...
I have been busy working and my daughter has ben busy with school, so we haven’t had much time to spend on this. We have made some progress though. A little each week. She has cut and shapeed the handles with the router. Finished all the doors. She sprayed the whole thing down with strong tea to add tannins to the pine. We used this ammonia. We sealed it in the shower with the ammoina overnight. We pulled it out and looked at it. I was pleased. ...
I gave up on finishing this checkerboard project in time for Christmas, and then I was out of commission with a bad chest cold for another three weeks. Once I was back to 100%, I got to work finishing my White Oak Bookcase project. Now it’s time I got this one back on track. The last thing I had done on this project was to glue up all the squares for the top. I did half of the board at a time and then used my biscuit joiner to join the two sections together. I put in some time ...
- My Journey As A Scroll Saw Pattern Designer - 1198 parts
- Extremely Average - 324 parts
- A journey into the workshop. - 87 parts
- Daily Update - 87 parts
- Just for Fun... - 81 parts
- "Hobbit Holes in MyWorld" --by RusticWoodArt - 77 parts
- WoodWriting Haiku Thursday's --by RusticWoodArt - 74 parts
- The Craftsman's Path - 67 parts
- Workshop Development - 67 parts
- As The Lathe Turns - 67 parts
- Sheila Landry (scrollgirl) - 1220 entries
- frank - 417 entries
- degoose - 388 entries
- dbhost - 333 entries
- Ecocandle - 325 entries
- MsDebbieP - 301 entries
- Martin Sojka - 297 entries
- Karson - 294 entries
- William - 249 entries
- Betsy - 221 entries
- Stevinmarin - 212 entries
- mafe - 208 entries
- Gary Fixler - 204 entries
- Todd A. Clippinger - 187 entries
- Chris Davis - 183 entries
- Rustic - 183 entries
- PurpLev - 162 entries
- shipwright - 160 entries
- BritBoxmaker - 159 entries
- stefang - 145 entries