Having recently returned from my first visit to an on line (?) purchase with which I have falled in love and has to be a wood workers dream. 3 yrs old with thermopane windows and doors,instant hotwater heater,2 baths etc. The inside is compleat to the point that the contractor did what was necessary as part of the house, loft, stairs etc. the prev. residents started to finish things inside while living there and while there are plenty of good intentions…consider a bath room shelf...
so my router table project has come to an end. i got my shipment from Lee Valley today and i am happy to say that everything is completed. first upon getting the 2’ T-track i cut it in half with a jigsaw and a metal cutting blade. then i epoxied the track into place. i used a board of mdf to distribute pressure and my two former table saw wings which are probably around 20 pounds each on top. then i just drilled for and installed the t bolts and put on the knobs. and when the fen...
to make my routing work environment more enjoyable i added a few different dust collection systems to my router table. as well as showing the fence that i made for it. first I’ll start off with the fence. it has a 2” opening that goes up high about 3 1/2” to allow for higher bits. so the fence is about 6 inches high for maximum support. and about 2 inches longer than the router table on both sides for maximum work piece support on both the infeed and outfeed sides. so here i...
alright so now everything except for the fence is put together and it is looking awesome. i added the apron and plugged all my holes with birch plugs just for the looks and i put on a coat of poly just to make the birch plugs turn brown because they are end grain so it looks cool, no other reason. i am planning on making the fence and also some form of dust collection and some storage for router bits and a couple other things. maybe even put some French cleats there. so here is a video...
Well i got a good amount done today but not as much as i would have hoped. first i cut the slots for the t-tracks that will secure the fence. i ordered it and i don’t have it yet so i figured that i would cut the slots now so i can attach the router table to the saw and when i get the t-tracks just pop them in. now that everything having to do with the torsion box is completed (including the router being mounted, sorry no pictures) i will turn my attention to the legs. i just too...
I managed to finish milling the drawer fronts/sides/backs this past Sunday and started the assembly process. Due to the lack of clamps and only being able to get two setups at a time (and of course my day job), I finally finished up today. Here are all ten of them in all of thier glory.With darkness closing in this evening and the the wife not so happy I pressed on through and mounted the first two drawers. They need a bit of fine tuning but they are in. I can see the end of the tunnel...
well unfortunately i will not be able to have the table saw station that i was hoping for but a router table is something i need so i am making one on the side of my table saw. i started by cutting down all the MDF with my cousin pat’s (Anthrax) help. then i started putting the torsion box together. it is all based on where the bolts are for my table saw and in the center fitted for the rockler plate that i am planning on getting in the future just i don’t have the money now. so h...
Well, I have been slowly working on the this project over the last couple of weekends, but had to side track when my Air Compressor blew a gasket in the pump mechanism and I had to replace it (Turns out Good). With me having to work in the very hot loft to get this fixed I decided to go for broke and get all of my Compressor related sub projects taken care of. I had a slow leak on the unloader line, so I fixed that when I added the Automatic Drain Valve from Harbor Freight, thanks Patrick. I ...
After taking a month long siesta from the shop I was happy to get back out and make some sawdust, first I had to clean it up then I finally got to it. I was able to mostly finish the top up this weekend. I still need to put a bead of caulk between the bench top and the wall to help keep dust from falling behind the bench and such.I built the box to capture the dust blown out the back of the Miter Saw. It still needs some tuning to fit the way I want it to work and get it caulked in. I moved t...
Well over the last two days i have been able to really get some good solid work done on my mirror frames. first i was able to mill all the lumber to final width. then it was time to cut the piece. i don’t have a long miter bed with a stop block so i used double stick tape to hold the rough identical pieces together to give me exactly the same piece. the first picture is putting the tape on and the second is all the piece cut to final length. Then i cut the groove in th...
- My Journey As A Scroll Saw Pattern Designer - 1262 parts
- Extremely Average - 324 parts
- Workshop Development - 94 parts
- A journey into the workshop. - 88 parts
- Daily Update - 87 parts
- Just for Fun... - 82 parts
- "Hobbit Holes in MyWorld" --by RusticWoodArt - 77 parts
- WoodWriting Haiku Thursday's --by RusticWoodArt - 74 parts
- As The Lathe Turns - 73 parts
- The Craftsman's Path - 67 parts
- Sheila Landry (scrollgirl) - 1284 entries
- frank - 417 entries
- degoose - 388 entries
- dbhost - 368 entries
- Ecocandle - 325 entries
- MsDebbieP - 311 entries
- Karson - 301 entries
- Martin Sojka - 297 entries
- William - 255 entries
- Betsy - 221 entries
- mafe - 216 entries
- Stevinmarin - 212 entries
- Gary Fixler - 204 entries
- Todd A. Clippinger - 187 entries
- Chris Davis - 183 entries
- Rustic - 183 entries
- shipwright - 168 entries
- PurpLev - 163 entries
- BritBoxmaker - 159 entries
- stefang - 148 entries