Over the weekend I made a lot of progress on the shop clearing out two more steel shelving units, leaving only one to clear out and move out. As part of the continued purging, I decided to dismantle my second Shopsmith, give away the bench (I love FREE signs on stuff – it’s how I get rid of SO much stuff!!!) from the Shopsmith. I am keeping my first Shopsmith, for now, but as I acquire more tools I begin to think that the 6 foot long by 30” wide machine is a huge space drain...
Hello everyone, a few people have asked me for plans on how to build the folded slotted chair I made so I decided to give it my best shot to measure the pieces and give a description on how it was done, so here we go. Wood Used: Ash Parts List:1 1/2” x 3/4” x 48”: 21 1/2” x 3/4” x 38”: 21 1/2” x 3/4” x 36”: 71 1/2” x 3/4” x 34”: 21 1/2” x 3/4” x 15 3/4”: 91 1/2” x 3/4” x 6”: 12 ...
Preparation for this new project started a couple of weeks ago, although planning has been going on for a while. I purchased 200 board feet of locally harvested, air dried 4/4 walnut lumber. It has been sitting in a barn for quite a few years, and most of the boards are wide and fairly straight. Price was $2.00 per board foot. From what I have seen for prices on here, this seems to be pretty good. (I know 200 bf is more than I will need for this project, but I have a few others planned....
Take two speaker boxes that are worse for wear, and kind of water logged. Then say, “heck they aren’t exactly cheap speakers either. ummmmmmm” Mission speakers. Remove guts of both speakers. Put in plasted container and seal. Turn round and now say… “ummm now what?... followed by a gulp, ”...and he wants two… hmmmm “ Okay we first made a router jig so we can do some nice daedo to fit the speakers into and then finish the cross cut tab...
Those few of you that follow my mere attempts to be a wood worker will know I have fun doing it no matter how the project turns out. Whether it works out great or an failed attempt. Or whether it is a biggish project like the coffin or a small one like the cribbage board. Having the right tools for the job can make things so much easier, yes I will agree with that statement. However as we all know you don’t always have the right tool or all the tools you require or want to have in yo...
My wife asked me when I was going to make her a box to keep our business cards in when we travel. I had made a few boxes but never one upon request- especially from her. So I wanted this to be special. I went about making a bandsaw box in an unconventional way and I was having a problem with the hinge design. One night I had a dream of how to do it and wrote it down right away in the morning. Here are the steps I used to make the box using mainly the bandsaw and the scroll saw for one tough p...
I had a Ryobi 14 Amp 10 in. Compound Mitre Saw. It was working fine but could only cut a max of 5 inches wide boards. I was in the market for a new on but all of the sliding miter saw was so costly. I even considered a Harbor Freight one, but even at that it was a $100 and more for one. I decided to check out craigslist.com and found a Kobalt one there for s feel. Well, after I got home I found out why it was so cheap – it was not square. I tried a couple of time to square it up but it...
Now that we have the size of the handle piece, the actual handle has to be cut out of it.For now I keep the piece as a rectangle, and will do the angled sides after the handle is cut out. I’m using my router and a template guide to remove the area for the handle. First I need to make a template out of hardboard that is 11/32” larger than the actual size of the oval hole that I want. I determined a hole 3 1/2” long and 1 1/8” wide for the handle would be good for t...
I haven’t done one of these in a while. The build was a bit excruciating. Took 6 days, about 10-12 hrs. per day. Started on the Thurs. before Thanksgiving. That was an easy day. I just ran around getting all of the materials together and did some initial layout work and rough cut the plywood sides. These were full height and were too awkward to move around, so I used a straight edge and my new PC 8902 router to get the edges of the plywood ready for the face frames. Once the first side ...
- My Journey As A Creative Designer - Woodworking and Beyond - 1729 parts
- Extremely Average - 324 parts
- Workshop Development - 107 parts
- A journey into the workshop. - 98 parts
- Just for Fun... - 97 parts
- Daily Update - 87 parts
- "Hobbit Holes in MyWorld" --by RusticWoodArt - 77 parts
- Life as an Amateur Woodworker - 77 parts
- As The Lathe Turns - 76 parts
- WoodWriting Haiku Thursday's --by RusticWoodArt - 74 parts
- Sheila Landry (scrollgirl) - 1754 entries
- frank - 417 entries
- dbhost - 410 entries
- degoose - 397 entries
- Ecocandle - 325 entries
- MsDebbieP - 314 entries
- Karson - 305 entries
- mafe - 301 entries
- Martin Sojka - 296 entries
- William - 258 entries
- shipwright - 238 entries
- Betsy - 228 entries
- stefang - 213 entries
- Stevinmarin - 212 entries
- robscastle - 207 entries
- Todd A. Clippinger - 207 entries
- Dave Rutan - 206 entries
- Gary Fixler - 204 entries
- Smitty_Cabinetshop - 193 entries
- Rustic - 190 entries