LumberJocks

Woodworking blog entries tagged with 'millwork'

  • Advertise with us
View gizmodyne's profile

Custom Dishwasher Panel Progress #3: New Beadboard Style

09-19-2007 05:31 AM by gizmodyne | 5 comments »

New Joinery Option In my cabinet project I milled up stacks of tongue and groove beadboard. I never even thought about making it with grooves on both sides and milling splines until I read an article on Finehomebuilding.com (which I highly recommend; get a subscription to their online content). Cutting only grooves simplifies the joinery and set-up time by a huge amount. Beadboard calls for just 2 bits, though you could run the grooves on the tablesaw and dispense with the slot cutte...

Read this entry »


View gizmodyne's profile

Craftsman Bungalow Restoration #16: Summer 07 --- Kitchen and Den Weeks 6 - 8

08-25-2007 05:01 AM by gizmodyne | 17 comments »

Where’s my Camera Cord?I lost my camera cord about a week ago so I haven’t been able to post photos recently. So some catch up with pics… (Borrowed my sister’s cord). Kitchen…. Cabinets anyone?If you followed the cabinet making journey you have witnessed some of the madness behind our method. And this week I got to install them finally. The kitchen is stained and painted now… I stained the cabinets and trim then finished with dewaxed shellac and thre...

Read this entry »


View gizmodyne's profile

Craftsman Bungalow Restoration #15: Summer 07 --- Kitchen and Den Weeks 3 -5

07-29-2007 05:11 PM by gizmodyne | 8 comments »

Slow DownThings actually slowed down a lot during these weeks from our perspective, as the amount of work in the kitchen apperaed to be moving slowly. Plaster work and sanding are not exactly exciting. Lots of sanding. We spent time running around buying tile and so on. We went shopping….Our new (old) stove. It is tiny. One of the guys that they sent did a terrible job preparing the wood in the porch so when they stained there were evil sanding marks from the palm sander in many s...

Read this entry »


View gizmodyne's profile

Craftsman Bungalow Restoration #14: Summer 07 --- Kitchen Weeks 1 and 2.. Stripping and Repairs..

07-28-2007 04:03 PM by gizmodyne | 3 comments »

SummaryThere was a lot going on in the days after the demolition. I worked on staining the guest room and millwork repairs to the kitchen. I oversaw the coordination of the electrical after the plumber left. The guys worked on stripping and sanding and more stripping. Here we go…. In the kitchenA shot of the area where the fridge had been. The vent indicates that this was a California Cooler. Predating fridges the were used to keep food cool. A hole in the floor let cool air from the...

Read this entry »



DISCLAIMER: Any posts on LJ are posted by individuals acting in their own right and do not necessarily reflect the views of LJ. LJ will not be held liable for the actions of any user.

Latest Projects | Latest Blog Entries | Latest Forum Topics

HomeRefurbers.com