good afternoon jocks,The garage is freezing so i decided to take a break and share the project i have been working on for the last couple of months. I am far from finished but have made some progress. This is also my first time to use photo bucket therefore im not sure if this will come out like i think. Here is a photo of my work in progress. Im far enuff along that you can see the basic concept that im going for. The platform on top is 3/4 mdf in which i plan to add a hardwoo...
I started trying to make some zero clearance inserts for my saw so I can start cutting up the wood for the blanket chest I am working on. I have never done this before so I wasn’t really sure what to expect. I looked around at premade inserts and could not find one specifically for the used saw I picked up. I did find some blank sheets of laminate coated phenolic made by Leecraft. The one I ordered was the Leecraft BK-1. It is about 1/2” thick and is 11” by 15”. ...
Well all finished just have to add a few more coats of poly to the mdf I do about 6-8 on the mdf for the extra protection. Anyways here are a few pictures of it completed, i’ll try and get some pics of where it’s new home will be. The sides are walnut lot’s of sap wood, entire boards of it first time using wood like this, red oak doors and drawers.
This is a 10’ x 28’’ Torsion box work bench i’m building it will sit on 2 2.5’ wide cabinets one with 4 drawers and one with doors and adjustable shelving. The top is made out of about 4 sheets of 3/4’’ mdf…... SOLID! Wrapped in walnut pieces 2.5’ long with end on end dove tails, and dove tail corners using walnut and really white walnut sap wood to create contrast at the joints. Torsion Box
My wife has a craft room and she just never seems to have enough room or work surface. I had a scrap piece of 3/4 MDF that was 48 inches by 37 inches. So, I went to Lowes and bought some 2 by 4s and a half sheet of particle board. Total cost minus the MDF, was about $35. I made it with a 1 inch overhang all the way around. Yes I realize that all this, the 1 inch over hang, and even the size is a little odd. But the size of the room and the MDF dictated the size, and wanting to give as much...
After many months in the planning, designing, and reding on other peoples builds of air cleaners, the day before Thanksgiving I came upon an ad on craigslist of a JDS Air-Tech 2000 Model 750. I figured that if I was to build one – it would end up costing about as much as the JDS model, but will not have the same filtration quality, it’ll be heavier (wood construction as opposed to metal frame), and it’ll take me time to build it. time that could be used to build woodworking ...
I recently received a Bosch 1617EVSPK for my birthday. The first project for any new router owner is the router table. The design of my table is influenced heavily by the fence system I will be using. I just picked up the “17 Incra LS Super System. In order to allow for the full 17” range of the system while mounting the carriage fully on the table, I am making the top with the dimensions 27×43. The top is made from 2 sheets of 3/4” MDF glued together with Ti...
Ok so this is a quick glance at how my (and sometimes my wife’s mind works)... We were looking at the clearance halloween merchandise and I bought a countdown timer to use next year. When we got home we were talking about the timer and if there might be other uses for it. We are taking a vacation in the upcoming months and thought it would be cool if we could count down for it to help get our daughter excited. Decided to make a new timer using the halloween one. But kept talking ...
Mentioned this in a comment yesterday, and got started on it last night. I’m creating a router table insert for my Craftsman table saw using 1/2” sheets of MDF laminated together. There’s also a 1” strip glued vertically across the bottom on one edge (like an I-beam) for extra support. Here it is,glued up: Alternate title: meticulously sealing my MDF topped bench one drop of glue at a time :D You can see my table saw in the background. The bottom sheet is...
I did some proportion work and decided I need 6” wheels. The wheels I found have barring that are made for a ½” axle. For the axle, I went to steel supplier and had them cut some 43” pieces for me. For the trucks I glued up some MDF to come up with a 3” thick block. I sanded down the corners at an angle just to give it some interesting lines and not just a plain cube. I have the axle and the trucks. I needed to find a why to attach them together. My original thought was to use a...
- My Journey As A Scroll Saw Pattern Designer - 1391 parts
- Extremely Average - 324 parts
- Workshop Development - 107 parts
- A journey into the workshop. - 89 parts
- Daily Update - 87 parts
- Just for Fun... - 84 parts
- "Hobbit Holes in MyWorld" --by RusticWoodArt - 77 parts
- As The Lathe Turns - 76 parts
- WoodWriting Haiku Thursday's --by RusticWoodArt - 74 parts
- The Craftsman's Path - 67 parts
- Sheila Landry (scrollgirl) - 1415 entries
- frank - 417 entries
- degoose - 394 entries
- dbhost - 389 entries
- Ecocandle - 325 entries
- MsDebbieP - 314 entries
- Karson - 305 entries
- Martin Sojka - 296 entries
- William - 258 entries
- mafe - 229 entries
- Betsy - 221 entries
- Stevinmarin - 212 entries
- Gary Fixler - 204 entries
- Todd A. Clippinger - 194 entries
- Rustic - 185 entries
- shipwright - 184 entries
- Chris Davis - 183 entries
- stefang - 168 entries
- BritBoxmaker - 167 entries
- PurpLev - 163 entries