Here was an easy project that I did recently; a Marble Tic-Tac-Toe Game. You only need one board for this project and it’s something you can build in an afternoon. Here is my attempt at making a video of how I made it, and as always you can check out my website at: www.woodlogger.com to see more projects and videos of what I’m doing in the shop.I also put up a listing of free project plans that you might find useful.
I wanted to make the marble tower good and solid, so I’m making it primarily out of ash. This was convenient because I had some on hand. :-) Here’s where we stand today on the project: The first step was to build the base and attach the side rails to it that go up to where the cross bracing and the handle reside. This wasn’t too bad to do…but it was the first time that I ran into the concept of cutting compound angles…which I learned requires patienc...
Here was an easy project that I did recently; a marble board game. I used an old board game that I had as a template. Here is my attempt at making a video of how I made it, and as always you can check out my website at: www.woodlogger.com to see more projects and videos of what I’m doing in the shop.I also put up a listing of free project plans that you might find useful.
This is one of those well intentioned projects that started and got put on hold for many varied reasons/excuses. I’ve decided I just have to finish it before my daughter is too old to be interested. Otherwise, I’ll be sitting the playroom losing my marbles all by myself. I saw these plans years ago in a Lee Valley flyer and went out and bought them along with the kit that supplies the ball bearings (marbles), xylophone keys and bell. Here’s the picture from the catalog...
Some additional photos of the Living room and bar project Photo one shows the matching arches we did in the foyer. Photo two shows the custom bar stools the client had made. Photo three show the hand carved limestone and marble fireplace. Photo four shows the iron work added to the glass doors. Lee
Just got the basic parts cut for a marble automata ala Steve Good. I guess it’s supposed to be a scroll saw project, but to me it’s easier with the big old saw.
- My Journey As A Creative Designer - Woodworking and Beyond - 1795 parts
- Extremely Average - 324 parts
- Toy costruction - 116 parts
- A journey into the workshop. - 110 parts
- Workshop Development - 107 parts
- Just for Fun... - 98 parts
- Daily Update - 87 parts
- Woodworking on a Half-Shoestring - 82 parts
- Life as an Amateur Woodworker - 81 parts
- "Hobbit Holes in MyWorld" --by RusticWoodArt - 77 parts
- Sheila Landry (scrollgirl) - 1820 entries
- dbhost - 436 entries
- frank - 417 entries
- degoose - 397 entries
- Ecocandle - 325 entries
- MsDebbieP - 314 entries
- mafe - 313 entries
- Karson - 305 entries
- Martin Sojka - 296 entries
- William - 258 entries
- shipwright - 254 entries
- robscastle - 242 entries
- Dave Rutan - 232 entries
- Betsy - 228 entries
- stefang - 221 entries
- Stevinmarin - 212 entries
- A Slice of Wood Workshop - 211 entries
- Todd A. Clippinger - 207 entries
- Gary Fixler - 204 entries
- Smitty_Cabinetshop - 195 entries