It was a full day of fun and excitement yesterday. I even got some work done. I like days like that because even if I don’t accomplish everything I want to, I made a big dent in the list and it makes me happy. My new designs are all ready to cut, but the first order of business was to set up the final cabinet left from our reorganization and mount it to the wall. We received several cabinets for free last summer and although they were not of the highest quality, they were sturdy an...
I’ve got my own site where I like to write about my projects so rather than duplicate them here I’ll just provide a little teaser. If you’d like to read the full post just click here. Well, some four and a half months ago I started building a proper entertainment center for our basement. I have now been told if the entertainment center isn’t finished by June my wife will be going out and buying one, so I am back at it. If you check out the first post for this project you may look at these ...
Hello. It has been a long time since my last blog post because I had taken time off to build my workbench and organize the shop. I have now started up again with no other projects on the go and plan on finishing it soon. To summarize where I left off:-I had the drawer sides dovetailed.-2 walnut posts made.-The chess pieces all done.-The board strips glued up.-And the walnut drawer fronts made. To summarize where I am now:-The drawers are assembled with dividers in place. The bottoms and...
We last ended with the second dovetail and the end caps mortised for the tool well ends. After a week of no progress in the shop I finally had some time this weekend to get something done. To start I needed to cut the remaining dovetails so I would know where the dados should stop to not be seen on the out side of the bench. I am sooooo glad this is over with. I would love to say I got better with each one but I really didn’t. I did learn something new on each one but the mista...
Here’s a couple more pics of the progress I’ve made. I glued some veneer around the edges to fill in the gap between the fancy stuff and the edge where the board will transition into the sides. Then it was onto a lot of sanding. What I hadn’t expected was the dust from the Rosewood to stain the maple while sanding. So I sanded it down as good as I could without going through the veneer and then used a cabinet scraper to finish it off. I think it came out really nice and I ca...
So I’m very excited about this project as this is the first project that I’m using hardwoods on (everything prior was mainly plywood based except for face frames and other accents). So this weekend I had the chance to start working on this project, and start using my short-lumber-supply. I had my eye set on a piece of (what I thought was a) cherry that was just right in dimensions for the sides of this box. it was about 16” tall (to accommodate for the 12” tall box)...
Been busy with my day job lately but was able to spend a few hours downstairs. I am finally starting to deal with my wood hoard and getting pieces together for small gifts for a couple family members. Mostly weekend style projects that probably will include an ornament or two and a couple of boxes. I am a notorious hoarder of wood and I have wood scraps, pieces of furniture, and even a few rough pieces of wood that I saved from a maple tree I cut down a couple years ago. At the time of cut...
I’ve got my own site where I like to write about my projects so rather than duplicate them here I’ll just provide a little teaser. If you’d like to read the full post just click here. Getting back into the swing of things with this project gave me the opportunity to finally mount my new Freud Diablo blades in both my table saw and my miter saw. I needed both blades for the project this time because I was ripping down some of the maple hardwood on the table saw and then cutting the face fra...
Today's post will be fast and furious. (Umm – we'll see about that!)After posting yesterday and beginning working on the pattern packet for the SLD486 Merry Christmas Word Blocks: . . . a thought occurred to me. While I had drawn up an entire alphabet for the SLD487 Alphabet Ornament Shapes (well – two versions actually) I had only intended to include the letters for "Merry Christmas" in the other pattern. But I got to thinking . . . &q...
So, I feel like my first blog attempt was a failure to anyone that read the first one and was interesting in seeing it progress. The first of this series was like show starting and then being cancelled after episode one ha. Enough of my rambling. After two years, a new job, two little additions to the family, and a few other projects crammed in front of this one I am almost done. Being 100% honest some of the delay was from intimidation and frustration as well. I took a REALLY big bite...
- My Journey As A Scroll Saw Pattern Designer - 1660 parts
- Extremely Average - 324 parts
- Workshop Development - 107 parts
- Just for Fun... - 97 parts
- A journey into the workshop. - 89 parts
- Daily Update - 87 parts
- "Hobbit Holes in MyWorld" --by RusticWoodArt - 77 parts
- As The Lathe Turns - 76 parts
- WoodWriting Haiku Thursday's --by RusticWoodArt - 74 parts
- ScrollSaw Information and Resources - 68 parts
- Sheila Landry (scrollgirl) - 1685 entries
- frank - 417 entries
- dbhost - 400 entries
- degoose - 397 entries
- Ecocandle - 325 entries
- MsDebbieP - 314 entries
- Karson - 305 entries
- Martin Sojka - 296 entries
- mafe - 281 entries
- William - 258 entries
- shipwright - 229 entries
- Betsy - 226 entries
- Stevinmarin - 212 entries
- stefang - 207 entries
- Gary Fixler - 204 entries
- Todd A. Clippinger - 201 entries
- robscastle - 189 entries
- Rustic - 189 entries
- BritBoxmaker - 188 entries
- Chris Davis - 184 entries