Hey everyone, I haven’t posted many projects during my time on LJ due to the fact that I am currently waiting for most of them to dry out before I finish them. In any case I would like to give back to the LJ community and share what I am working on and hear everyone’s feedback. I am just going to post everything that is currently in progress and if there is any interest in a particular piece I will create a new blog with more photos and information :). Here are some of t...
I woke up this morning and tried to get some work done before the Super Bowl (Go Packers!). I trimmed the extra laminate and proceeded to bond the second face. Here is the top with sticks on it so I can position the laminate above it without gluing it in the wrong place: Then I placed the laminate on the sticks and got it positioned so there is equal amounts of overhang all the way around: Then I pull out the sticks working out from the middle and press the laminate down: Once agai...
The top came out pretty flat. I trimmed it to size on the table saw and I realized it’s time to make a panel sled! The sides of the top are not perfectly square but they don’t really need to be for this project, however, I am going to build a sled before the next project that uses panels this size so I can cut them accurately. I cut the top undersized so I could add some maple edges. The edge is cut from 3/4” thick boards and after they are bonded on, the top will be sli...
High Folks, Its been a long time since I did the cello due to a mixture of dreadfull weather, work and family commitments but the journey continues.The back plate was glued up using fresh hide glue. It took about 2 hrs to accurately plane the edges square and get a good contact along the entire length of the joint. This joint is of absolute importance that it is done right, surface contact, glue consistency, etc. Normally on smaller instruments it is sufficient to rub the joint together and l...
This is a versatile little cabinet in which you can store whatever your heart desires in it. The overall dimensions for this project is 21”w x 11 ¼”d x 13 ¼” h. Of course if you need something bigger than make it bigger, or to fit your needs. I am using Baltic Birch for mine but use whatever material you feel like using. As always if you have any questions email them to me at email@example.com.—http://blip.tv/file/4726686
10. I cut the two sides for my case, taking care to cut one small side from opposite ends of each board, to make the grain line up around the box. I cut them with a sliding stop to ensure that all pieces were exactly the same.11. I then put it together with rubber bands to test the joints and see if the grains were matching. I rubbed mineral spirits on the corners to test it.12. I measured all of the joints from corner to corner. The box was dead square. 13. I cut two inches o...
I started the project by working on the base. It will have decorative blocks at all the corners and at the ends of the feet. The ones at the ends of the feet will be rounded. The wood I am using for this is 16/4 mahogany it was about 11 inches wide and a little over a foot long. 1. My jointer will only handle 8 inches so I had to plane sides flat and then join one at 90°. 2. Then cut to pieces 3 inches wide off of the blank with the table saw. 3. I used a number 4 smoothing plane...
I have been excited about doing a woodworking projects and my brother and sister both placed in the student competition last year. You must be 13 years old by December 31st to enter the competition for that year. I turned 13 on December 27th meeting the deadline by just four days. I knew I wanted to do a desk of some kind so my dad and I started researching desk online. The problem is the competition restricts all projects two 36×36 x 36 so many desk would not qualify. In researc...
Hello. I have started a chessboard and set for an uncle and thought I would set up a project build so that I can get advice from other woodworkers and to hopefully inspire someone else. I am using maple and walnut for the project and the walnut was all resawn from logs I got from my opa’s firewood pile. So far I have almost all the walnut parts cut and the drawer dovetailed. I still need to cut most of the maple parts and then I can beginning joinery for the board. I will use dovetails ...
The weekend was quite a blur. It seemed that just about every waking moment was spent working on the four new trays. As with most projects, it seemed to take a bit more time than I had anticipated. This wasn’t necessarily a bad thing. It would only be bad if they came out crummy. I am happy with the results (so far) and in the home stretch on everything. I hadn’t decided to do four additional trays for the catalog deadline until about last Tuesday either. The original dead...
- My Journey As A Scroll Saw Pattern Designer - 1658 parts
- Extremely Average - 324 parts
- Workshop Development - 107 parts
- Just for Fun... - 97 parts
- A journey into the workshop. - 89 parts
- Daily Update - 87 parts
- "Hobbit Holes in MyWorld" --by RusticWoodArt - 77 parts
- As The Lathe Turns - 76 parts
- WoodWriting Haiku Thursday's --by RusticWoodArt - 74 parts
- ScrollSaw Information and Resources - 68 parts
- Sheila Landry (scrollgirl) - 1683 entries
- frank - 417 entries
- dbhost - 400 entries
- degoose - 397 entries
- Ecocandle - 325 entries
- MsDebbieP - 314 entries
- Karson - 305 entries
- Martin Sojka - 296 entries
- mafe - 281 entries
- William - 258 entries
- shipwright - 229 entries
- Betsy - 225 entries
- Stevinmarin - 212 entries
- stefang - 206 entries
- Gary Fixler - 204 entries
- Todd A. Clippinger - 200 entries
- robscastle - 189 entries
- Rustic - 189 entries
- BritBoxmaker - 188 entries
- Chris Davis - 184 entries