After a couple of days of mowing grass, moving all the plants out of the greenhouse/paint booth and cleaning up things I managed to get back in the shop and do some work today. After all the clean up I took the assembled frame and moved it to the cleaned out section that I have up front in the shop. I originally enclosed a 10×10 section with heavy plastic so LOML can bring her plants in to winter over. I then proceeded to cut the outer Cabinet Verticals, Headboard and Header Board ...
Yesterday was a day of taking care of all the things that get neglected when we are in the shop having fun. There has been quite a bit of rain here and it was finally dry enough to cut some grass. I have about 2 1/2 acres here, not all has grass on it but enough that it takes about 3 hours to cut it all. Then some new headlights arrived for our old 96 Ford Escort and I needed to put those in. By that time the day was pretty well shot. Today I have am going to clean off the front a...
Well today was kind of slow but I did accomplish a few things just not in the shop. My new HVLP spray gun arrived this morning, and I have to say that those guys from GleemPaint are on the ball.Ordered the gun Friday and arrived on Monday with standard shipping now that is the way to do business. I had decided to finish this bed with lacquer and it was recommended by a fellow LJ member that a good product for a rookie such as myself would be a pre-cat lacquer that is fast drying and wou...
I got my moldings yesterday and started cutting it to size today. I went with a rather inexpensive precut molding in order to keep the cost down a little. I considered using Sepele but the molding would have cost more than the bed. So here I am cutting my moldings into picture frames to put on the face panels. Then I put them out to make sure everything looked right. Once I was satisfied with everything I put a coat of stain on before I attached them to the face frame. Sin...
Thursday I spent most of the morning researching for a spray gun then did some sanding and got what I have done so far ready to assemble. Friday I got some small things finished up getting ready to make the final push to complete the outer case for the bed. Before going out to the shop I confirmed my order for a new HVLP spray gun and it should be here by the first of the week. I then attached the frame structure to the face panels using construction adhesive and screws. Then ...
Had an enjoyable day but again what day is not enjoyable when you get to spend it making sawdust? The first thing I did today is finish out my location jig so that for all future beds I will be able to align the pieces in the jig mark all the locations and do a quick check with the ruler and drill and cut. The first pic shows the jig with all of the holes and locations finished and properly marked. The second one shows the jig in position to lay out the opening for the Left Panel Lockin...
Finally after getting the table saw and tuning it, I’m able to get back on track with woodworking projects… I still dont have my router table, so using the incra fence wouldn’t be possible to get the dovetails done. I read “The Bandsaw Book”, and it had a really nice Jig for making dovetails on the bandsaw with handcut look and fit, but with the automation of a machine and jig. I really liked the idea, and figured I’d use that technique. unfortunatel...
Last time I got a mite confused on laying out the hardware on the side rails and came very close to making a boo boo. Before I got too far I went back to the DVD and watched a segment that cleared things up. You put the left rail on the right and the right rail on the left with the top facing away from you. It is very important that the hardware gets mounted correctly in relation to a 1” dia hole that is bored thru each side rail. Once I got all that figured out I and done I tran...
I spent a couple of hours going over a suggestion that maybe I should make the bed outer case deeper so I can make the cabinets deeper so I got out the cutlist program and put in the new numbers and no matter what I came up with I was at least one sheet of plywood short. We choose Mahogany for this project and at $73.00 a sheet along with a 100 mile round trip to get it we just went back to the original plans. So off I went and using my new Gorilla Gripper carried the 1st sheet over to ...
I already had the pieces for the inner frame ripped and cut to length so I thought I would get the inner frame assembled today. The first thing I did was set up a stop system so I could keep the pieces aligned from end to end. Then since I am pretty sure I will be building at least 2 maybe 3 more of these I made a story stick for the hole locations that hold the cross frame members in a “L” shape. Then it was a matter of putting one piece between the stops laying dow...
- My Journey As A Scroll Saw Pattern Designer - 1404 parts
- Extremely Average - 324 parts
- Workshop Development - 107 parts
- A journey into the workshop. - 89 parts
- Daily Update - 87 parts
- Just for Fun... - 86 parts
- "Hobbit Holes in MyWorld" --by RusticWoodArt - 77 parts
- As The Lathe Turns - 76 parts
- WoodWriting Haiku Thursday's --by RusticWoodArt - 74 parts
- The Craftsman's Path - 67 parts
- Sheila Landry (scrollgirl) - 1428 entries
- frank - 417 entries
- degoose - 394 entries
- dbhost - 390 entries
- Ecocandle - 325 entries
- MsDebbieP - 314 entries
- Karson - 305 entries
- Martin Sojka - 296 entries
- William - 258 entries
- mafe - 229 entries
- Betsy - 221 entries
- Stevinmarin - 212 entries
- Gary Fixler - 204 entries
- Todd A. Clippinger - 194 entries
- shipwright - 185 entries
- Rustic - 185 entries
- Chris Davis - 183 entries
- stefang - 172 entries
- BritBoxmaker - 168 entries
- PurpLev - 163 entries