We have been hired to make a dining room table from a 30’s model and slide it on the Biedermeier side. This is not our usual traditional furniture making but it is also a nice change in the usual styles we work on. We started with a simple design to show the overall idea Brick laid apron in pine for a light top Poplar “plaque to glue under the top. it will host a metal plate to bolt the lower part to the top The base is made out of beech, for an heav...
Hnefatafl Board is made from English Oak engineered floor boards. The strips dividing the squares are made from Iroku as are the end grain black dots.The frame is English walnut. And the pieces are english oak, unknown redish hardwood, King is unknown black streaky hardwood
Here’s a couple of pocket planes: The one on the left is made from walnut, the right is purpleheart and mahogany. Meant to carry around in an apron pocket for quick accessibility. They definitely show signs of banging around with all the other detritus in apron pockets… The irons came from Lee Valley, replacement irons for small planes. The iron in the walnut 7/8” wide and the other is 1” wide. As long as the irons are kept sharp, they work pretty well for putting quic...
Yes I did use a pattern gotten out of one of the recent ScrollSaw Magazines. Made 2 copies of overall pattern, one to use as a guide when placing the cut pieces together and keeping them in order, the other to make numerous copies on my home printer to attach to the selected woods by using clear shelf paper with glue on one side found at Home Depot. These then are cut out to match any adjoining piece and placed on my master copy. Once completed with cut outs, creat the different depths you...
This is my first art piece. It is a hand forged rose and broken heart tied back together. They are mounted into a mahogany base and has an oil finish. Please view the video, subscribe to my Youtube channel, and share it. Thank you all! ””Mended Heart video
I am posting this because I said I would. It has taken much longer than expected, and it is not to my expectations when I started. It’s a nicely designed chair. I hadn’t sat in it…LOL! It’s going to be my desk chair for the desk to be posted when ever I stop screwing up the finish of the desk top. When it was finished today I sat in it. The back is straight and quite uncomfortable. SIGH! This is a chair I picked up many years ago. I liked the style. A poor man&...
When some friends from church learned I was a wood worker they brought me a box of samples they had left over from building their house. These were squares of finished wood, about 5 to 6 inches a side and around 3/8 inch thick. Some were stained, some painted; some were milled, some flat. There was alder, oak, birch, mahogany, walnut, hickory, cherry. “We were sure you could find something to do with them,” they said. It was an interesting pile. But what o do with it? I mad...
Out in the shop today working on my desk chair which is a found item from a resale shop many years ago. Thought it had some character. It’s been sitting gathering dust and cat hair for a few years now. Just decided to refurbish it for my reopened office. Thought it was mahogany but it turns out it is 1/3rd mahogany. I was going to rub down the finish with four ought (o#0000) steel wool and put a coat of stain and poly on it. When I go started it needed to be taken apart as most...
I got less time in the workshop than I would have liked today—trivial life things like putting up the Christmas tree and watching Kansas City annihilate the Redskins (sob!) kept interfering. Still I got time in to work on a few things. I got the second set of slats steamed and bent. The first set came out of the steamer with some mysterious stains. I’m not sure why, but I read somewhere on the Internets that the minerals in tap water can sometimes stain. So for this set I use...
It’s been a busy week, but I managed to find the time to bend the chair arms for the mock-up chair and see about attaching them. I also trimmed the back slats to a gentle arc. Here are a couple of views: and As you can see from the line of holes up near the top of the back, I had the top back brace too high and had to move it down. While I had the brace off, I also shaped it to the curve of the back. I did this with a drawknife and spokeshave. The drawknife is certain...
- My Journey As A Scroll Saw Pattern Designer - 1390 parts
- Extremely Average - 324 parts
- Workshop Development - 107 parts
- A journey into the workshop. - 89 parts
- Daily Update - 87 parts
- Just for Fun... - 84 parts
- "Hobbit Holes in MyWorld" --by RusticWoodArt - 77 parts
- As The Lathe Turns - 76 parts
- WoodWriting Haiku Thursday's --by RusticWoodArt - 74 parts
- The Craftsman's Path - 67 parts
- Sheila Landry (scrollgirl) - 1414 entries
- frank - 417 entries
- degoose - 394 entries
- dbhost - 389 entries
- Ecocandle - 325 entries
- MsDebbieP - 314 entries
- Karson - 305 entries
- Martin Sojka - 296 entries
- William - 258 entries
- mafe - 229 entries
- Betsy - 221 entries
- Stevinmarin - 212 entries
- Gary Fixler - 204 entries
- Todd A. Clippinger - 194 entries
- Rustic - 185 entries
- Chris Davis - 183 entries
- shipwright - 182 entries
- BritBoxmaker - 167 entries
- stefang - 167 entries
- PurpLev - 163 entries