I’ve had some emails asking about the Fallingwater lamp; I’ve put a post on my blog about it with plans & photos: Fallingwater Lamp Randy
This lamp project is going to be great. Lots of twist and character. Drilling the hole for the cord is going to be a chore, but I am ready for the challenge.
These two lamps are as close to identical as twisted juniper lamps can be. They are cut from the same limb for both the post and the bases. They are about 18” tall and are looking really great. I cant wait to see these two complete. uni
So as I previously posted in Let there be more light I added a lamp to my daughters playhouse. I had just used some liquid nail to attach it to the shelf. This did a good job of holding up for a few months until one of her friends decided to use the lamp pull cord as a swing. The lip around the lamp was not that large and the lamp fell. Luckily it fell into the loft and not the entire way to the floor. But a new holding mechanism was needed.. So here is the new way it works. I drilled ...
Well, after three days in solitary, I decided to pop the the weasel. The different boards fumed to different tones, but I think with shellac and brown furniture wax, it’ll be just non-perfect enough for some charm. The wood putty had no tannins in it, so it’s almost white. Luckily, one corner is perfect, so that’ll be the one facing out. I tried my Dark Fumed Oak aniline dye, and it didn’t work on the putty either. I even brushed the liquid ammonia directly on...
After letting the glue cure overnight, I took it out of the clamps and gave it a final hand sanding. Not too bad, but could be better. I think next time I’ll err on making the legs touch on the outside corners instead of a flat meeting. This caused some gappage that I filled with putty. Since our dog laid down by the tent, I figured it was time to fume. There’s no better time than the present. I carefully put the tent over the table and then propped them both up en...
At the urging of my girlfriend, I fumed a small scrap of QSWO and then went over it with amber shellac and dark brown wax, buffing it out with 0000 steel wool. It’s pretty magnificent. As a result, I decided to give my Limbert table an “authentic” Stickley finish. While waiting for the glue to cook, I fashioned what can only be described as an impromptu fuming tent. Even one of my neighbors came over to see what monstrosity I was building, as they’re usually ...
Yesterday, I milled up four long, rough boards to 3/4”. The Robert Lang book uses thicker stock, but I had to get rid of the saw marks. I chopped them up a bit oversized to give me some leeway during the glue up. I arranged the boards for defects and grain to give me the best four sides out. I glued up one panel every two hours last night during dinner and a movie. This morning they’re all ready for the band saw. One thing I’ve noticed is that there seems to be a lot o...
The original link to this podcast was removed, but it has since been re-established… In this podcast I do the final assembly and complete the Frank Lloyd Wright inspired lamp. Frank Lloyd Wright Inspired Lamp - Final Assembly
- My Journey As A Scroll Saw Pattern Designer - 1507 parts
- Extremely Average - 324 parts
- Workshop Development - 107 parts
- Just for Fun... - 94 parts
- A journey into the workshop. - 89 parts
- Daily Update - 87 parts
- "Hobbit Holes in MyWorld" --by RusticWoodArt - 77 parts
- As The Lathe Turns - 76 parts
- WoodWriting Haiku Thursday's --by RusticWoodArt - 74 parts
- The Craftsman's Path - 67 parts
- Sheila Landry (scrollgirl) - 1531 entries
- frank - 417 entries
- degoose - 394 entries
- dbhost - 390 entries
- Ecocandle - 325 entries
- MsDebbieP - 314 entries
- Karson - 305 entries
- Martin Sojka - 296 entries
- William - 258 entries
- mafe - 252 entries
- Betsy - 221 entries
- Stevinmarin - 212 entries
- shipwright - 207 entries
- Gary Fixler - 204 entries
- Todd A. Clippinger - 199 entries
- stefang - 186 entries
- Rustic - 186 entries
- Chris Davis - 183 entries
- BritBoxmaker - 177 entries
- Smitty_Cabinetshop - 165 entries