Well it is finally starting: my job has relaxed a bit in workload, I have the tools, a design, and some of the raw materials. Time to build an entire kitchen! The home is an older, but not historic farmhouse colonial (~1970’s construction). Kitchen is about 15’ x 20’ and opens up to the family room, since I blew out the wall separating them. Style:We purchased a John Boos oval butcher block island as a centerpiece. The style will be a traditional colonial (simple, ...
Its been a long time but i think i see woodworking on the horizon #3: update.. Cabinets in progress pics taken early last week,
some pictures on some of the cabinet work ive done in my home, these were taken early last week, but took forever to upload, have more up to date pics as recent as yesterday, when i get in tonight ill send, All done with big box red oak, General finishes “honey” stain, and a coat of poly, up till this pic I had built the case’s, installed, installed laminant counter top, that miter in the corner gave me a good whoopin, especiallty when that adhesive started doing its thing, ...
This article was originally posted on the Little Good Pieces blog on Oct 10, 2010. When we left our bin, it was being overrun by a horde of shop cats (well, two anyway). Since that time, I added three dividers placed to give four pockets of varying sizes. The unit was then spackled, primed, and painted (yes, white). The bin, together with its pivot blocks, was worked into position. The gap was a little wider than I wanted, so I added a piece of 1/4” plywood as a shim on the le...
This blog starts half way through my journey. The story goes like this… I took the plunge and offered to take on renovating my in-laws’ 42 year old kitchen last spring. I say ‘starting’ last summer because I am now, as of Feb 2011, in the middle of what appears to be a 12-16 month project. The good news is that my wife’s folks are very flexible in allowing me to work at my own pace fitting nicely with the fact we have a busy life with kids, jobs, etc… ...
This article was first posted on the Little Good Pieces blog on September 29, 2010. While I was starting my planning for the toilet cabinet, it occurred to me that I first needed to build an outfeed table for the new tablesaw. As I was shifting gears to start on THAT, my wife reminded me that we needed some way to organize the sauce flavoring packets that were trying to take over the pantry. Sigh The need should be apparent from the above photo. What I envisioned was some sort ...
I’ve made some (7) cutting boards for this year’s Christmas gifts, but I am not completely happy with them. The boards are fairly flat, which I did with my ROS, but I wasn’t able to get rid of some of the glue squeeze out. I think it probably absorbed somewhat in the end grain as these things tend to do. Is anyone else running into these problems? Every board I see on here looks perfect. Of course I know pictures don’t always show a lot. Just haven’t he...
Ok, so first post—— I’ve just finished building what could (charitably) be called my third project. Have yet to finish it. The impetus for this is a need for somewhere to keep recycling (bottles, cans, etc) in our new house. We have entirely renovated our kitchen recently, so this is one of the final pieces of that project. It’s pine from local HD. Held together with pocket holes—no fancy joinery here. Cutting was all done on my (new!) table saw, which ...
There’s a new post on the Little Good Pieces blog: “Kitchen Organizer”. This details the construction of the third in a series of adjustable organizers for a cabinet. Check it out! http://littlegoodpieces.wordpress.com/2010/11/04/kitchen-organizer/
There’s a new post available on the Little Good Pieces blog – “Sauce Packet Bin – Part 2”. This is the completion of the kitchen organizer project started last week. Check it out! http://littlegoodpieces.wordpress.com/2010/10/10/sauce-packet-bin-part-2/
Here’s a simple shelf that I built and installed in about an hour one morning. I needed some additional space in the kitchen to store spices. I live and work in an old two story farm house and there just wasn’t a good place to store some things. So… I built this shelf from some black walnut in my cutoff bin. I make custom gunstocks so I end up with a lot of great looking wood that’s too short, too narrow, or has some other defect that won’t make a good looking g...
- My Journey As A Creative Designer - Woodworking and Beyond - 1832 parts
- Extremely Average - 324 parts
- Toy costruction - 131 parts
- A journey into the workshop. - 115 parts
- Workshop Development - 107 parts
- Just for Fun... - 98 parts
- Woodworking on a Half-Shoestring - 91 parts
- Shop stuff - 90 parts
- Daily Update - 87 parts
- Life as an Amateur Woodworker - 82 parts
- Sheila Landry (scrollgirl) - 1857 entries
- dbhost - 455 entries
- frank - 417 entries
- degoose - 398 entries
- Ecocandle - 325 entries
- mafe - 325 entries
- MsDebbieP - 314 entries
- Karson - 305 entries
- Martin Sojka - 296 entries
- Dave Rutan - 277 entries
- robscastle - 267 entries
- shipwright - 259 entries
- William - 258 entries
- A Slice of Wood Workshop - 241 entries
- bandit571 - 237 entries
- Betsy - 228 entries
- stefang - 221 entries
- Stevinmarin - 212 entries
- Todd A. Clippinger - 207 entries
- Gary Fixler - 204 entries