At the beginning of August, with the discovery of mold in my kitchen, I began building new countertops. The wood for this work all came from my inlaws barnwood. After getting the countertops glued up, I was interupted by life (teaching, UPS, kids, divorce, and more). Where I left off, I had just gotten the sections back from a local cabinetshop where it was run through a drum sander….. Well, FOUR MONTHS LATER, what a thrill to get back into the shop three days ago. I am tryi...
After a month of development based on the feedback I got here, I finally managed to release Carpenter Pro, this time, it calculates how many plywood sheets are needed to finish your project and get detailed cutlist diagram for each stock sheet needed. It allows you to specify the dimensions & grain direction for your stock sheets material, specify the dimensions and the required grain direction for each part you need to cut for your project, and set the kerf amount, then watch this app ge...
I’m sure others have posted a project similar to this, so I’ll be brief on the description. This is just another great, simple way to get some use from those cut-off strips that accumulate in the shop. I start by gluing up several pieces side to side, first making sure that the sides are square and parrallel for a good lamination. I make each layer just over the sized of the width of what I want for the coasters’ width. ok. After they dry, I run them through the p...
see the whole story, with the music i wrote while building these projects! @ http://refinedhomerelics.blogspot.com
Well it is finally starting: my job has relaxed a bit in workload, I have the tools, a design, and some of the raw materials. Time to build an entire kitchen! The home is an older, but not historic farmhouse colonial (~1970’s construction). Kitchen is about 15’ x 20’ and opens up to the family room, since I blew out the wall separating them. Style:We purchased a John Boos oval butcher block island as a centerpiece. The style will be a traditional colonial (simple, ...
Its been a long time but i think i see woodworking on the horizon #3: update.. Cabinets in progress pics taken early last week,
some pictures on some of the cabinet work ive done in my home, these were taken early last week, but took forever to upload, have more up to date pics as recent as yesterday, when i get in tonight ill send, All done with big box red oak, General finishes “honey” stain, and a coat of poly, up till this pic I had built the case’s, installed, installed laminant counter top, that miter in the corner gave me a good whoopin, especiallty when that adhesive started doing its thing, ...
This article was originally posted on the Little Good Pieces blog on Oct 10, 2010. When we left our bin, it was being overrun by a horde of shop cats (well, two anyway). Since that time, I added three dividers placed to give four pockets of varying sizes. The unit was then spackled, primed, and painted (yes, white). The bin, together with its pivot blocks, was worked into position. The gap was a little wider than I wanted, so I added a piece of 1/4” plywood as a shim on the le...
This blog starts half way through my journey. The story goes like this… I took the plunge and offered to take on renovating my in-laws’ 42 year old kitchen last spring. I say ‘starting’ last summer because I am now, as of Feb 2011, in the middle of what appears to be a 12-16 month project. The good news is that my wife’s folks are very flexible in allowing me to work at my own pace fitting nicely with the fact we have a busy life with kids, jobs, etc… ...
This article was first posted on the Little Good Pieces blog on September 29, 2010. While I was starting my planning for the toilet cabinet, it occurred to me that I first needed to build an outfeed table for the new tablesaw. As I was shifting gears to start on THAT, my wife reminded me that we needed some way to organize the sauce flavoring packets that were trying to take over the pantry. Sigh The need should be apparent from the above photo. What I envisioned was some sort ...
I’ve made some (7) cutting boards for this year’s Christmas gifts, but I am not completely happy with them. The boards are fairly flat, which I did with my ROS, but I wasn’t able to get rid of some of the glue squeeze out. I think it probably absorbed somewhat in the end grain as these things tend to do. Is anyone else running into these problems? Every board I see on here looks perfect. Of course I know pictures don’t always show a lot. Just haven’t he...
- My Journey As A Scroll Saw Pattern Designer - 1584 parts
- Extremely Average - 324 parts
- Workshop Development - 107 parts
- Just for Fun... - 96 parts
- A journey into the workshop. - 89 parts
- Daily Update - 87 parts
- "Hobbit Holes in MyWorld" --by RusticWoodArt - 77 parts
- As The Lathe Turns - 76 parts
- WoodWriting Haiku Thursday's --by RusticWoodArt - 74 parts
- ScrollSaw Information and Resources - 68 parts
- Sheila Landry (scrollgirl) - 1609 entries
- frank - 417 entries
- degoose - 396 entries
- dbhost - 390 entries
- Ecocandle - 325 entries
- MsDebbieP - 314 entries
- Karson - 305 entries
- Martin Sojka - 296 entries
- mafe - 278 entries
- William - 258 entries
- Betsy - 221 entries
- shipwright - 213 entries
- Stevinmarin - 212 entries
- Gary Fixler - 204 entries
- Todd A. Clippinger - 199 entries
- stefang - 198 entries
- Rustic - 188 entries
- BritBoxmaker - 186 entries
- Chris Davis - 183 entries
- Smitty_Cabinetshop - 176 entries