I am not exactly sure how I pulled this off in 8 days but I have finished up the build portion of the chest and tomorrow will be putting some finish on it. With the speed of the build I didn’t get as many pics as I had hoped but here is a series that picks up where the last entry left off to present. I hope to have this up in the projects section tomorrow sometime :D The lid ended up slightly smaller than the case (I measured once and cut twice so ...
I have taken some long over due time off of work this week and am taking advantage of it as much as I can. Today I got busy on the frog, receiving plate and lever cap. Last week I had already finished adding the knob/tote screw posts and cut out and drilled the tote for this guy. Dug out a chunk of aluminum and started cutting… I REALLY need to consider a metal band saw lol… And with that done I had the “machined” base for the frog. Next w...
I had hoped to be further along on this by now but progress is still progress I suppose. I am taking some vacation time next week so hopefully I can get this mostly done by the end of the first week of DEC leaving just a few simple tools left to complete the set for Christmas. Anyhoo.. we left off with the rough joints brazed into the aluminum. After sanding for a few hours I finally broke down and picked up a belt sander for the shop. I had been tossing around needing one for about a y...
As I am smack in the middle of a workbench build for my 16 month old and we are currently waiting on a part to arrive in the mail I thought I would pass the time with a side project for the kid. We were strolling through our neighborhood dollar store the other day looking at Halloween decor and such when I came across a small 12” saw. As an actual usable saw I think I would have been taken for a ride with the $1 price tag but as a starting point for a junior sized “...
Hiya, Last week was all about the leg vise and this week I focused my efforts on the wagon vise. My helper hasn’t been privy to this part mainly due to it being rather machine heavy. We still have melt downs when machines are running (to be fair so do I sometimes lol) so I was flying solo for all that follows. I hope to get him out there tomorrow for more shop time but till then this is what we have. It started with this.. Then I went about making the wagon sled the same ...
Yet another weekend and yet another couple days of shop time with the boy working on his bench. I have been trying to sneak in there as much as I can without him to kinda skip ahead a bit. I am not sure he has the attention span for a drawn out workbench build (ahem Stef.. ) so we need to get this thing moving lol. It all started on Saturday with the through mortises for the front legs. I was luckily able to get the oh so boooring job of laying out the mortises done while he was napping...
My new apprentice is visiting his grandma this morning so I took advantage of the time to get the top out of the clamps and cleaned up (long planing sessions is an activity he still doesn’t have the patience for lol). I will need to have a serious talk with him on his glueup skills (Ahem.. yep tossing dimes all over the place here).... In “our” rush the other day we glued the top up about as uneven as it would have been humanly possible to do so quite a bit of work was a...
This project is a great way to get the kids involved. They can do most of the machining, definitely the sanding, and then they can get creative with the painting. This is made with 2 used fence pickets/panels that are 5’ long. They sell new ones for $1.50 at the big box stores. This take only a couple hours to make (including paint drying time). Please like, share, and subscribe to my YouTube Channel.
I finally completed the Crib, have it assembled and it is in use. I got a couple questions about the mounting hard ware. The side pannels are removeable. They are supported by Mortise and tennon joints and a screw from the side pannel will lock into a threaded insert along the corner posts. I wanted to conceal as much hardware as I could, and the open part on the side pannels will be capped. The matress frame attaches directly to the corner posts to threaded inserts at four different...
Here is my latest project, made this for my mom. Hope to get back to the inifinity mirror during the week.
- My Journey As A Creative Designer - Woodworking and Beyond - 1742 parts
- Extremely Average - 324 parts
- Workshop Development - 107 parts
- A journey into the workshop. - 105 parts
- Just for Fun... - 97 parts
- Daily Update - 87 parts
- Life as an Amateur Woodworker - 79 parts
- "Hobbit Holes in MyWorld" --by RusticWoodArt - 77 parts
- As The Lathe Turns - 76 parts
- WoodWriting Haiku Thursday's --by RusticWoodArt - 74 parts
- Sheila Landry (scrollgirl) - 1767 entries
- dbhost - 418 entries
- frank - 417 entries
- degoose - 397 entries
- Ecocandle - 325 entries
- MsDebbieP - 314 entries
- Karson - 305 entries
- mafe - 304 entries
- Martin Sojka - 296 entries
- William - 258 entries
- shipwright - 246 entries
- Betsy - 228 entries
- stefang - 220 entries
- robscastle - 218 entries
- Dave Rutan - 213 entries
- Stevinmarin - 212 entries
- Todd A. Clippinger - 207 entries
- Gary Fixler - 204 entries
- Smitty_Cabinetshop - 193 entries
- A Slice of Wood Workshop - 190 entries