I finished painting the lifting nut assembly, and installed it. Here’s a view of the entire parallelogram assembly. And a view from under the infeed table. I was originally going to bring the cord out through the cabinet, but couldn’t come up with a good clean method that was easy. So I ran it up under the outfeed table, and needed a way to secure it.I picked up a cord grip and scrap piece of aluminum angle. I had to use the CNC to make the hole big enough, as...
I ended up with a lot of footage, so I am going to split the video up as needed to the time manageable. In this video, I start my new project which is a tilt-out wastebasket cabinet. As usual, I start out with rough lumber, so much of this first video is about preparing the stock. Need to Joint a board that is wider than your jointer? I cover that in this video as well. Stay tuned to see how it all turns out! View on YouTube Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/thomaslightleFaceb...
This morning I set out to build the nut assembly that raises and lowers the infeed table.I started with a piece of Delrin rod that I thought was 1.5” diameter.Holding it with a handscrew, I marked the center and drilled a 3/8” hole through it. I then took a cutoff piece from the screw to make a tap. I chucked it in my drill and while spinning, ground a taper on the disc sander. Then used an angle grinder to cut a rather sloppy flute in it. Then chucked the tap in the...
Just spent 2 hours getting the lifting screw installed. I’m using some 1/2-8 acme, so I don’t have to turn it a million times to raise and lower the table. After cutting it to length, I needed to turn it down to fit into the bearings. Since I don’t have a metal lathe, I made a jig to do it by hand. I made this when building my CNC years ago, so didn’t have to waste time building the jig this time. The jig is a simple plywood box with a 1/2” bearing on ea...
Been working away at painting for the last few weeks.Had another near catastrophe. When I started, I had 5-1/2 spray cans of Rustoleum Deep Blue Hammered paint. I’ve been using silver as a base/primer, as it’s readily available locally. After I finished the frame, I was down to 1-1/2 cans, and thought I should probably order another case. That’s when I discovered that this color is no longer available.. :-(I had thought about painting the base a different color, and did some...
Well, my tried-and-true method failed me today. Usually, whenever I think I might go yard-sale or garage-sale looking, I am sure to take at least five to ten dollars with me to ward off anything that I might find interesting and, until today, it’s worked. I carry money, I see nothing interesting that I want or need.But, today, I was carrying $15 and found a old craftsman 6” jointer that the owner was willing to sell me for $50. So, now I am the owner.It needs some attention and lo...
I started by my project by opening the book to the materials list. Then grab a board of oak and cut it down to make the rales.
In this video, I cut the curved door panels to size using the bending form I used to create them. Then I cut the veneer for the edge banding, and install it on the doors to give the illusion that they are a solid bent panel. Then install the hinges and hang them. After the doors are hung, I can start working on the curved drawer front. I cut the face of the curve on a large blank and them create the half blind dovetails for the sides. I then veneer the face of the drawer front so that the ...
We’re at it again! After using the router for the first time and finding just how much saw dust one can generate I decided to again rearrange the garage and dig out old tools and items to sell on offer up and Craigslist. We made about $250 which covered the cost of the 2 hp “industrial” single stage dust collector from Harbor Freight. I spoke to the manager about what these kids and I have been doing and that we needed a system. She went above and beyond by offering to honor...
Hi all I have purchased some beautiful Red Cedar and am going to try my hand at some larger joinery work. It is really lovely timber and was a very good price as the timber yard sadly is closing. This was a bundelled mixture of boards and pieces; The main piece for the top of the unit The larger boards I have cut in half and put through the thicknesser to get some lovely bookmatched boards to work with; I have sized four pieces for the legs and marked out the sha...
- My Journey As A Creative Designer - Woodworking and Beyond - 1728 parts
- Extremely Average - 324 parts
- Workshop Development - 107 parts
- A journey into the workshop. - 98 parts
- Just for Fun... - 97 parts
- Daily Update - 87 parts
- "Hobbit Holes in MyWorld" --by RusticWoodArt - 77 parts
- Life as an Amateur Woodworker - 77 parts
- As The Lathe Turns - 76 parts
- WoodWriting Haiku Thursday's --by RusticWoodArt - 74 parts
- Sheila Landry (scrollgirl) - 1753 entries
- frank - 417 entries
- dbhost - 410 entries
- degoose - 397 entries
- Ecocandle - 325 entries
- MsDebbieP - 314 entries
- Karson - 305 entries
- mafe - 301 entries
- Martin Sojka - 296 entries
- William - 258 entries
- shipwright - 237 entries
- Betsy - 228 entries
- stefang - 213 entries
- Stevinmarin - 212 entries
- robscastle - 207 entries
- Todd A. Clippinger - 207 entries
- Dave Rutan - 206 entries
- Gary Fixler - 204 entries
- Smitty_Cabinetshop - 193 entries
- Rustic - 190 entries