Sisters table has broken legs. It is a shame really as it is pretty old table and still pretty good nick. After looking at it best we can do is glue and the try and brace the base a bit more. Now big sis wants to sand whole table back and redo just to spruce up. Now we all love wood, but her house has heaps of natural wood showing and with the table, it actually becomes to much so she is thinking of … eeeek painting it. (shock horror I know, but I actually on this occasion agree with her, ...
Small workbench based on shipbuilt's Short Block V8 (Workbench Challange) #3: Leg stretchers, assembly bolts and bottom shelf.
This part was very straight forward, The stretchers were assembled from 3 strips of 3/4” BB glued together with Biscuits to help keep everything aligned. The center strip is 1/2” longer to make a tendon. Next I made a router template to make the mortises in the legs. At that point it was just a matter of laying them out and cutting them. While I had the legs out I needed to make clearance slots for the 2 dog holes on each side of the left side leg. ...
After drawing the plans, I went to the store to purchase the lumber to build the storage box. Had to make a few substitutions due to the price of lumber here in England. Instead of using ply, I settled for MDF. Still quite expensive but nothing near the price of ply or pine. Anyway, I will post pictures of the work in progress.
11 months ago it was decided we would have new years on our new deck that was only built a month before. So we decided on the spur of the moment to build a bar From there the bar seems to have taken on a life of its own. It no longer an out door bar, it is fully enclosed and water proofed... which in it self was a challenge once was water proofed we got power added so the bar fridge and TV, lights and accessories. The french doors we made at my work and got them installed once they went up...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oBFO_O6jrC0if you enjoy please subscribe!
Just thought I’d give y’all an update since my first disaster. I chose to forgo the dull chisel this time and just went with the hacksaw, vise, and pencil. This time was much better as far as fit, but still pretty fugly. I’d give it a 4.5/10 as opposed to a 1/10 I would have given my last adventure. Here are some action shots. Cutting new tails (notice the first ones I did on the opposite end). Now the pins with my new and improved #2 marking device. Why didn’...
Ripping stock to size. I really don’t know why I was staying so far from the line. Not that it matters. Apparently my sawing has been getting better. I stayed away from the line to allow for wandering of the saw blade, but it tracked so straight that I think I can stick right next to the line next time. Jointing sawn edges. While I know that the shavings aren’t what is important, seeing the difference in the shavings of my jointer plane(on top), and my fore plane(on ...
short lil bitty, just more planing and trying to figure up glueup. Mainly just a few pics, didn’t take many, phone weighed too much.. initial setup, i moved some around later and liked it betterI had them clamped together to be able to lift the slab and judge some weight..gonna be nice and heavy. Wards Master #6 took a 6.5’ full width shaving for me and had to catch the moment :0 I like where i have them aligned at this point, though i still gotta tweek the gl...
One of the biggest challenges of making 25 of anything is being consistent with all of the measurements and finding ways to do glue-ups efficiently. The sides of the blocks all have to be the same size on the top dimension so when the fronts are attached everything matches up. I found out that while doing the jointing on the angled pieces of the sides, the tips of the pieces would bow slightly which meant that a little work was necessary to get all 5 pieces to fit properly. A few pas...
So last night I began cutting the tenons on the table saw. Now before everyone tells me I’m lucky to still have my fingers or flames me for posting these pics, here’s a disclaimer. DO NOT use a table saw without the use of a throat plate. Disastrous things CAN and likely WILL happen… (See Also: Standard disclaimer “Blade Guard Removed for Clarity”) That being said… I’ve never had problems making cuts with the dado stack in the tablesaw without ...
- My Journey As A Scroll Saw Pattern Designer - 1585 parts
- Extremely Average - 324 parts
- Workshop Development - 107 parts
- Just for Fun... - 96 parts
- A journey into the workshop. - 89 parts
- Daily Update - 87 parts
- "Hobbit Holes in MyWorld" --by RusticWoodArt - 77 parts
- As The Lathe Turns - 76 parts
- WoodWriting Haiku Thursday's --by RusticWoodArt - 74 parts
- ScrollSaw Information and Resources - 68 parts
- Sheila Landry (scrollgirl) - 1610 entries
- frank - 417 entries
- degoose - 396 entries
- dbhost - 390 entries
- Ecocandle - 325 entries
- MsDebbieP - 314 entries
- Karson - 305 entries
- Martin Sojka - 296 entries
- mafe - 278 entries
- William - 258 entries
- Betsy - 221 entries
- shipwright - 213 entries
- Stevinmarin - 212 entries
- Gary Fixler - 204 entries
- Todd A. Clippinger - 199 entries
- stefang - 198 entries
- Rustic - 188 entries
- BritBoxmaker - 186 entries
- Chris Davis - 183 entries
- Smitty_Cabinetshop - 176 entries