Hello friends! Once again I want to thank you all so much for your comments on my last blog. It was really great to hear from you all again. It was just what I needed to resurrect my soul full of ideas and woodworking spirit. My last project some years ago…lol, well it felt like years ago..lol, was going to be my Country Carving Throne. Well folks because I left that project on the shelf for so long I honestly decided to leave it on hold for for now. A few misfortunes of my mallet bl...
In the last episode it was decided that, because this Box is a little bigger than usual, I’d be making some trays for it. I guess I’m still anxious to use the new toy, because I sized the wood I’ll be using last… first!!After Re-sawing another scrap of the Cherry, I thinned it down on the Jointer to about 3/16”. These will be for the bottoms of the two trays…With the Imbuia top, and Cherry sides on the outer Box, I’m going with Imbuia sides and Cherry...
I found this article, the other day, and keep coming back to it—both literally and in my mind. Figured I’d share it. I plan to keep all of this in mind as I begin my 2nd night stand…. Maybe others have similar suggestions for increasing precision…. — How to get Precisionby Bob Smalser — Make a story stick for each project. Record the measurements of L, W, H and internals on one, unchanging stick. Your project stock should be kept on a...
Sisters table has broken legs. It is a shame really as it is pretty old table and still pretty good nick. After looking at it best we can do is glue and the try and brace the base a bit more. Now big sis wants to sand whole table back and redo just to spruce up. Now we all love wood, but her house has heaps of natural wood showing and with the table, it actually becomes to much so she is thinking of … eeeek painting it. (shock horror I know, but I actually on this occasion agree with her, ...
My five year old daughter Allyson was complaining one night that she had no place to set things when she went to bed. As I was getting ready to begin a woodworking class I offered to build her a nightstand. She enthusiastically accepted. I showed her some pictures of different types of nightstands that I thought I might be able to build. Immediately, she began giving me requirements including that it had to have two drawers and a shelf on the bottom. I have been working on it now for a little...
If you want to see the version with all the pictures, please click here. I got up with the sun today to get a head start on bench before the munchkins got up. First order of business was to unclamp the 2nd half that I glued up last night. Then, after a quick run with the plane to smooth out the mating faces, I glued up the two halves. It’s now one massive slab of wood where a little over a week ago, it was just a collection of 16 2×4s. This thing is gratifyingly heavy as well. ...
i have never made a leg vise before and i have no idea what to expect with the one i made. The basic concept came from Shop Notes. And i like the basic concept. However, i do NOT like the price of ACME Rod, ACME nuts or ACME ANYTHING. so i went with “off the shelf” 3/4” threaded rod from LOWES. I dont know if this will bite me in the butt or not. But just in case, i built the vice so i could change it out if i need to use a better threaded rod. The dimensions ...
(This is my first attempt on a blog entry. English is my 2. language so bear over with me on spelling errors, funny language and all that.) This is a blog describing how i made this projeckt For a long time i´ve had this idea of making a rack for my cook books in the kitchen. They are just collecting dust on the shelf and not really getting the attension they deserve. Now i do see a lot of people using “plate racks” (dont know the word in english and google translate sugg...
After almost a month away in Europe, London and France, I am back and working on the boxes again. It was really nice to go back home as I haven’t been able to do so for 4 years. It was also nice to be back, through away the jacket and sweater, an put on the flip flops. Well, regarding the boxes. When I came back I put the already cut bone leaves in green dye and while waiting to feel up the holes in the marquetry, I started working on the inside of the boxes....
Over the last couple of days before and after work I have had an assembly line of sorts going on in the shop for the glue up of the side, top and bottom panels of the cabinet case. I am up to 3 done and one more in clamps as we speak. As each one came out of the clamps and a new one went in I went about cleaning up and flattening the faces with a myriad of hand planes and my scraper. I purposely made each panel slightly oversized just in case I needed to rip a glue joint and re-joi...
- My Journey As A Scroll Saw Pattern Designer - 1466 parts
- Extremely Average - 324 parts
- Workshop Development - 107 parts
- Just for Fun... - 93 parts
- A journey into the workshop. - 89 parts
- Daily Update - 87 parts
- "Hobbit Holes in MyWorld" --by RusticWoodArt - 77 parts
- As The Lathe Turns - 76 parts
- WoodWriting Haiku Thursday's --by RusticWoodArt - 74 parts
- The Craftsman's Path - 67 parts
- Sheila Landry (scrollgirl) - 1490 entries
- frank - 417 entries
- degoose - 394 entries
- dbhost - 390 entries
- Ecocandle - 325 entries
- MsDebbieP - 314 entries
- Karson - 305 entries
- Martin Sojka - 296 entries
- William - 258 entries
- mafe - 236 entries
- Betsy - 221 entries
- Stevinmarin - 212 entries
- Gary Fixler - 204 entries
- shipwright - 198 entries
- Todd A. Clippinger - 197 entries
- Rustic - 186 entries
- stefang - 185 entries
- Chris Davis - 183 entries
- BritBoxmaker - 177 entries
- PurpLev - 163 entries